Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 1:16 AM Last edited by Clint Eastwood : 12th Aug 2014 at 7:34 AM. Reason: Editing Pics
Default Sara Jean Underwood
So I was watching G4 a while back and caught a rerun of an episode of AOTS and was reminded of just how attractive Sara Jean Underwood is. I found a large album of pics of her (most NSFW) and tried to scrape some together to use for my sim. Not gonna lie, it's hard to find a pic of her where she isn't smiling, let alone one with her hair not across her face. I took a couple and tried to make her as best as I could. I've never been one for making celebrities as I always just took premade sims and tried to make them look less Maxis-ish, so this was quite new.

Let me know what you think I could do to make her better.

Like I said, she's never not smiling.

Edit: So this was easily the biggest struggle of my adult life was making these comparison photos. It has definitely made me reconsider whether I think I'm competent enough to do something as simple as this. Also, I never realized that the game can change a sim so much between CAS and in game.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 4:03 AM
you should post a IN-GAME pics than the C-A-S pics. as the quote says:
Quote: Originally posted by k2m1too
Please make sure to post the pictures of your sim from live mode and not from CAS. Sims can look very different in game, and it is how they look there that is most important. Thanks for doing them side by side. That is very helpful.

or take a visit to this page for guide on the posting a pics:
http://modthesims.info/t/432920

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 7:38 AM
@MrDensilter

Thanks for the tip. I think I was a bit too into worrying about trying to make my post look alright that I neglected what needed to be in it.

I did learn that I am terrible at taking photos in a computer game however.
Instructor
#4 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:59 AM
I'd say sim's face is a bit too "heart shaped". Her jaw needs to be wider/squarer and the chin scale smaller. From the side, the bridge should be lower - between the eyes, and deeper. Eyes are a bit too large and need to be just a tiny bit closer together. Turn the corners of her mouth up just a bit - not to make her smiling, but to make her not-frowning (which she is doing now).

The bottom edge of her upper lip shouldn't have that weird bump. I am going to guess that it is the lipstick that makes it look that way (though there is a custom slider that will do that too). Is that a Tifa lipstick or an S-Club? (Because I've always thought some of their lipsticks make the upper lips look like they have uvulas... just sayin'...) Anyway, upper lip is a bit too thick top-to-bottom and bottom lip could be wider side-to-side.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:07 AM
@k2m1too I was toying around with her jaw and with and all that jazz and I think I was able to widen it out. I brought her bridge down as well as sinking it in and adjusting the lips. I think it was a S-Club lipstick, I just pressed one and went with it.

I took off all her make-up and changed her freckles.

She's upside down in the picture but it's literally the best angle of the side of her face. I'm trying to find a ponytail that looks good so I can show off the side of her head better. If anyone has any recommendations, let me know.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 3:32 PM
any updo hair will do to see more of her face for sculpting. even the shaved hairs from the base game will work for that. (not fancy but for sculpting / feedback it doesnt matter much)
also i really like what i see (especially the side view - nose shape, chin and mouth). i love freckled faces and complex teints. great job so far
her hair could be wee more unnaturally blonde (one can see its dyed blonde on the original) the haircolour you have choosen now looks awesome - but also natural blondish (golden touch)

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 1:05 AM
@shmovese Thanks for the comment. I noticed that about her hair color and I downloaded a folder of 120 or so different presets and am mixing and matching different colors to see if I can make an interesting hybrid. I also plan on downloading a couple new hairs and trying them out as well as a couple of different skintones to see if I can get something that compliments everything.

As far as changes go, I realized that my slider range was still at 1 so I changed it and widen out her jawline, decreased nostril width, rotated both her inner and outer eyelid height, fixed her jawline soften, and lengthed her face profile. It may be the ponytail I downloaded for her profile shots, but her face seemed to small. I found a hair by Cazy I liked so I'm trying it out. And lastly, I changed the freckles I was using to one that wasn't so heavy on the side of her face.

As always, let me know what you think and what I could change or if you need other pictures and whatnot.
Instructor
#8 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 3:18 AM
great job on your work!! Cheers! but i have a little piece of suggestion on your work.. try a hair like this:

so we can see her full face to compare it to the real thing it's difficult to see if the hair is widely exposed :P

Download Policy
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
Scholar
#9 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 3:18 AM
Good work! The nose needs to be wider, the face wider, and the mouth moved a bit closer to the nose. If you can, increase the nose tip/bulb. From the side, bring the eyes forward and decrease the nasal bridge indent.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 6:36 AM
@MrDensilter Thanks, I really appreciate it! I decided to go with the hair I used for the comparison as the permanent hair for now on, at least for while I'm working. I'm still trying to a picture of her forehead that is head on and not just to the side or anything like that.

@SimmyRN Thanks for the suggestions! I went ahead and did my best to make the changes. The nose tip is the only thing I'm having a little trouble with as it seems to completely distort when I try to adjust it, but I'll figure something out.

I accidentally forgot to save the changes I had made last time so I had to use an older save file and try to catch up to where I am, so that explains why her hair color is all wrong and she may seem more different than normal.

As always, let me know what you think I need to do or any suggestions or comments. I'll keep looking and maybe, just maybe, I'll find a picture of her forehead I can use for comparison pics. Oh and one where she's not hanging upside down, that'd be nice too.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 1:15 PM
i really like your creation! and i have some suggestions:

first, i wonder if the foreheads section (where it meets the eyebrow) is a bit too striking. i think the forehead and frown as it is now looks quite "massive" (relatively seen) on her. [couldnt see it in the first comparison (the hair covered the forehead) but now it came to my attention - thanks to the ponytail choice of yours that reveals more of her lovely face ;-)]

second suggestion is that her eyes are wee to wide for my taste. it gives her somewhat of an "suprised" expression. i would try to close the eyes via the eyes shape slider (EA) but only wee - the comparison pic of the original shows her smiling (the eyes are more closed than normal then of course). only to an extend that she looks more "seductive - but on a natural-sweet way".

third and my final suggestion is that the blonde you have choosen is much closer (unnatural -bleached) but i would love to see a better "dyed" effect of that hair with darker parts of her natural hair colour. but thats no priority since the final hair is maybe not choosen yet and hair (recolours) all behave different on colour choices.
really lovely creation, again and still

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 4:24 AM
@shmovese thanks for your support and suggestions. They really are greatly appreciated.

So after a long time of searching around, I finally found a picture of Sara where her hair is not in her face and I was able to do some work based on that, mostly that I made her head far too wide.

I fixed her eyes, I didn't do much to forehead (I think I was inadvertently spot on with that) and most importantly I fixed the hair color. Unfortunately, it doesn't look that well with the hair pulled back, but I think that's mainly because of the way the hair is designed. I noticed her eyebrows are off now so I tried to fix that.

Let me know what you think and what I need to improve.
Scholar
#13 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 1:29 AM
Good work! The only things I see now are that the nose looks too wide at the nostrils (which could also be higher, if possible), maximize the nasolabial crease, and make the chin less wide / more "pointy".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 6:04 AM
@SimmyRN Thanks for the suggestions. I think I manged to make them and not mess her up.

Nostrils have been shrunk and lifted ever so slightly, maximizing her nasolabial crease made her look like a horrifying monster so I left about just short of halfway, chin is now not as wide and I adjusted the scale in an effort to make it pointy.

Any and all criticism is welcomed. If anyone knows of any way that I can try to get her to smile without having to cycle through all of her happy facial animations and hope that I can get a picture, that would be great.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 9:20 PM
you can make her smile using a pose like
Smiling Pose Pack - Smiles for closeups! by traelia
Sim-Ple Model Pose Pack - by elexis or much more extreme: Facial Expressions Poses by Sonia
quite subtle smiles close ups "With Style!" - Pose Pack - by eternila
cheeky monkey full body smiling: Smile, it looks good on you!" Pose Pack by Skylar

you also need cmomoney´s pose player - its the precondition to use poses at all.

feedback: yes like her face shape so much better! i am completely on your site to let her frown as it is if its what you want. thats pro. cant wait to see her smile

Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 11:53 PM
@shmovese Thanks for the links! I've gone ahead and have been toying around with them.

So I decided that I'd get fancy with Photoshop and try to blend her face together and see what I could do. In doing so, I noticed that her cheeks are quite gaunt, so I tried to make them more filled and adjusted the shape a little bit. I also further lifted her nostrils cause that was the big thing I noticed when I tried to overlap the pictures.

Well, here is I guess what you could say a trial run of seeing her with hair and makeup. Other than that, nothing noteworthy to report. Oh, I have been adjusting her skintone trying to make it darker to suit the majority of the sample pics I have, but I think I might have a few too many lights on in the room, so for the next post I'll see if I can correct that. Or it might be her skintone entirely and I'm just really bad at adjusting it, I don't know.

I'm trying to find the picture I used in a larger and higher quality format so if I find it, I'll start to use it for when I show off her hair down and whatnot.

Other that, leave your comments on what I need to do and what you'd like to see done.

Thanks again for all your comments and support everyone.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:40 PM
thats a sweet smile
finding a matching skintone is challenging
- even since the originals skin looks so different tannend on the few pics you posted here. i like that darker touch you tried in the latest comparison section a lot, but the sims skintone is wee to much to the greyish/blue colour panel. the originals tanned skin is more rosy-orange tannend. one can compare it best on the throat and when taking a closer look on how the rosy cheeks on both behave different on the skins. left (no big difference - the cheeks are wee more rosy-healthy warm lookin) but on the right (the rosy cheeks are really dominant on that generally "cool" looking teint)

your updates:
like a lot that you filled her cheeks (when i go back to #14 its so obvious how "sick and sad" she looked with that gaunt cheeks...) so well done now.
the nostrils: lifting them was good but since my attention is now on that area i wondered if you could ensmallen nose septum (the space between those nostrils). you would need a costum slider for that e.p. the nose septum width from awts link here=> aWT_HACK_GEOMSLIDER_NoseSeptumSliders.7z

and i wanted to add that the make up you have choosen so far is very matching (lipsstick colour and eyes make-up) and so is the hair but the colour options on that hair arent perfect for creating a "dyed" look. now you have the darker areas somewhere in the middle of certain streaks. but it would be better if that darker areas (the natural hair colour) would be at the beginning of every streak. so try to find a different recolour of that hair (EA match recolours have that feature e.p.)

Instructor
#18 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:09 PM
it's better if you use a neutral face images(no smiling or whatever emotions include) just a suggestion nice work

Download Policy
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS