Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 1:17 AM
Default I'm back!
I have some more time now so I'm back to looking at Medieval.

Work, Life, and several Windows 7 reeboots have gone by, so I know I've missed much of the comments and requests on my threads. I want to bend over backwards for Chikeeteeta for filling the gap I left as best she could. At this point she may be better at modding this game than I am.

But, I have time once again to mess with this, I'm still reinstalling stuff, and still need to get back into the swing of modding this game, but if you have current request for my old core, my CASP tut, or my unreleased work on quests, I'd like to hear it here.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
I have some more time now so I'm back to looking at Medieval.

Work, Life, and several Windows 7 reeboots have gone by, so I know I've missed much of the comments and requests on my threads. I want to bend over backwards for Chikeeteeta for filling the gap I left as best she could. At this point she may be better at modding this game than I am.

But, I have time once again to mess with this, I'm still reinstalling stuff, and still need to get back into the swing of modding this game, but if you have current request for my old core, my CASP tut, or my unreleased work on quests, I'd like to hear it here.

Yay, welcome back :D
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 12:52 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 23rd Feb 2013 at 4:26 PM.
k, I have a suggestion because I don't think it's properly do-able with the xmls and tuning files, because everything references the parts you play around with.

I'd like the wizard to be able to kill with at least one of his spells.
It sadly can't be inferno unless a second version of inferno is added since it's also used in a few quests.
I've been playing around with the sleep spell, at first I figured if I increased the time on it then the sim would starve to death while asleep making it look like the spell had eventually killed them, but NPC's get the bar to pure red and then stand up and cancel themselves out of the spell and go home. They do this when added as active as well. The only sims it's possible to kill this way are heroes, and even then only when active.
I've looked for something controlling the auto hunger refresh on NPC's and inactive heroes but it must be in the smart parts you play around with The refresh isn't really the problem anyway because the bar does go low enough for them to die, it's that they have the ability to cancel out at the point death should come for them.

I've considered adding a buff with the spell so the buff will kill them, but aside from being 'arrested for sure death', most won't do anything. The poison buffs I've tried so far just add a permanent focus debuff to the sim (I haven't tried them all though). Being arrested at the end of the spell when they wake up works, but obviously doesn't give the impression that the wizard did it, so not what I'm looking for.

I also tried looking for the debug options to kill or die by, but although a few debug options are in the build files, these 2 aren't.

I've tried other ways as well that I won't bore you with since starving and buffs are the closest I've got.

Ideally I'd like 1 spell that's certain death, and certain spells to carry a random chance of death, damage, hunger drain, energy drain or disease (which I know miasma already does)

Just seems like the wizard could and should be much more powerful than he is, but all he does (aside from the useful mend spell) is reduce or increase focus, and if it's an npc or a hero you're not playing with then, really, who cares about that sims focus, and unless the wizard is still trying to level up, he may as well save his energy and not cast anything at all.

Following the same idea, I'd also like the plague level diseases and the highest level wounds to carry a chance of death too, and if death doesn't occur, then hunger and energy drains or random passing out or...something that penalizes a sim besides just walking funny and not being allowed to wear the wardrobe clothes (Although to show damage that wasn't death on an NPC or inactive hero, their auto hunger and energy refreshes would have to be halted....which I'd also like to see done permanently, assuming the cooking facilities won't become clogged up with a bunch of route failing NPCs trying to feed themselves lol but I think they just go home, would be nice if they used the cooking stuff or large servings of food more than they do though, would make the inn, castle and reception hall look better.)

I just ignore the diseases and wounds now, but I'd like to have to high tail it to the Doctor, it would be great to have more of a need for that hero too and also to have a good need for all the potions that can be bought as well.
Besides giving a greater need for the heroes that sell armor, weapons, potions and the ones that can heal and inflict damage, it would certainly make the game-play more interesting and exciting and kingdoms more varied, but I suppose if death was likely, a switch to turn the function on and off in your options panel would be needed....not by me though, I always enjoy random and uncertain =)
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 1:33 PM
Hello again lol

Something else I tried to get working is full romance autonomy, but it doesn't seem do-able from the build files either. Certain bits can be done but not all of them, and annoyingly none of the parts that help take them into the options for a full blown relationship either...except for giving the sim a rose. They still have to be led into the other options.

I'd really like everything in that section to be autonomous, getting there in the first place, first kiss, getting married etc. I like to see what random decisions the little sims peoples make when left to their own devices, but unless I have a sim seduce everyone first and then watch to see who they appear to be most interested in, it's not do-able quickly, since every sim has to be led into a relationship first.
Also having a sim in a romantic relationship with every sim in the kingdom isn't what I'm looking for either lol, but it's the only way to see who they prefer atm.

If romantic autonomy is possible from your end, then a pop-up box to approve or deny an autonomous marriage would be excellent, or autonomy for marriage just not available at all, since looking to see who they've got themselves involved with from the relationship panel and initiating the marriage myself would be good enough for me.
I'd like the NPC's to try and get autonomously involved with other sims, whether it's one of the heroes or another NPC . It's the only sims game where I've taken an interest in the 'townies' but they're perpetually doomed to wander the kingdom lonely unless I have a hero take an interest in them. So sad lol.
I've currently changed the gossip stbls and one of the entries has a random romance roll, so when it comes up, I make one of the mentioned sims active and put them in a relationship with the other sim myself, but it involves hunting for the 2 sims and then wasting time having to stop what I'm doing to put them in a relationship.
I'm also not entirely convinced that the NPCs are keeping the relationship when made inactive, because I keep forgetting to check, and I also keep meaning to use the core to marry the 2 sims that get rolled since I think it might keep the married relationship, but again, I keep forgetting to try that. It would still involve hunting them both down and making one active to do that though.
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 4:35 PM
*waves* =D lol

Something I know that would be appreciated by everyone, is finding out what changed between the base game and P&N where patterns are involved. I think most everyone would love to be able to get patterns into CAS as easily as before.
I don't know if you can do that, but thought it was worth mentioning.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 2:27 AM
Default added wb
And, as if the list is not long enogh yet, I got one for yo too. I have this problem with my door locks, specifically on the first and second floor left-most rooms from the viewpoint of the watcher as you look at the screen. What I have noticed is that if you lock the large door on the first floor which goes from the left room to the center (where throne is by defalt) room it only seems to work one way, sims can enter the left room but can not leave it. This has caused some of my sims to die, except they really do not die they just become some sort of a ghost. The second floor room on the left has a spawnner in it somehow although I do not find any in buydebug. What happens is that some sims just spawn into this room, then they can not leave with the doors locked and even though I put beds and a hearth in there they will not do anything but stand around. The game quickly rabbit-holes them and they either become frozen statues or they disappear. Now if you are using this room for a bedroom which I do since it is the only place with a pass-door to the center room without going into the back hall. OK, so now this happens and you have an invisible ghost in the room but do not know it, you now can not woo-hoo in the Monarch's bedroom because of an invisible sim which can not be gotten rid of. This really bugs me! It bothered me so much in fact that I even tried moving the door to the right room instead. You end up with a door that displays but can not be used, and you end up with a hole in the wall that the sims freely use and which can not be locked where the door used to be. It is also hard to put a door back if you move it since you can not see the hole in the wall where the door goes at all. Is there any way to fix these blasted doors? It is most upsetting that one of the most useful things we have, lockable doors, does not work correctly. The blacksmith shop needs a complete overhaul in this regard too, but I am sure you know this.

Along the lines of the autonomy issues ChickieTeeta raised, I would like to see a hacked tent object that would cause anyone in proximity of the one who "owns" it to have a full relationship build with her. Alao she should be a modified type of merchant, after all this lady I refer to has a product to sell, oh well. Until all this stuff works as it would need to, including the matter of deduction of a fee for the service, we have a poor simulation of the royal brothel. I can think of three locations at least where there should be one, the docks, the village entrance, and the forest. There are others too of course, and I have done some experimentation but nothing to my satisfaction.
----
Oh, and welcome back Grim, we missed you.
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 3:51 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 24th Feb 2013 at 4:07 AM.
I use the cores lock on the Monarch's main bedroom door and the 2 in the bedroom that go to the other 2 rooms, since some of the staff ignore the privacy settings on that room. Then I use the privacy options for inside the 2 smaller rooms, this means no-one can enter the Monarch's bedroom because all the doors in are locked, but spawning sims can still leave the left room, since the privacy only works one way, it means don't come in, but if you're in then get out.
For down the stairs the door at the back in the left room is a 'homing' point so sims need to enter and head to that door. I don't know what your locks are being used for, but if you can, then use privacy on that room as well instead of the lock and sims should home to the back door in the right room instead.

As for your product tents, in the meantime you could always use build on lot and add tents at the dock and the forest, not sure about the village entrance, I haven't tried to add anything there. To have a 'product seller' nearby you could use seduce on the female guards that are in those areas anyway so she'll be available and you won't have to call someone there, and I have a mod that will allow you to give cash away as payment.
You could always use a hero and their building, or the reception hall and the reception hall guards, and the little kitchen can be overhauled if your sim needs to be discreet.
The knights yard as well can be overhauled and a squire used (I'm assuming you're using Populous Mod with random squires or that suggestion will just be really weird ), but since they like to hang out at the town square at night you could put a tent there too.
If the product is specifically for the Monarch you could use one of the servants, they follow him everywhere anyway.
Unless of course you want other sims to have access to the product autonomously, then obviously none of these suggestions will do.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 7:57 PM
The problem is that I either make the left bedroom the Monarch's Quarters or else the Maternity Ward. If it is Monarch's Quarters then the Dinning Hall is in the center. The thing is that if its Monarch's Quarters then privacy settings just do not help and if its Maternity Ward then it needs to be locked or the game destroys my pregnant NPC sims. So, door locks are my only workable option. Is there any way the spawner can be moved? Or perhaps, can the pass door be relocated to the other side of the center room to connect with the right room instead?
Scholar
#9 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
The problem is that I either make the left bedroom the Monarch's Quarters or else the Maternity Ward. If it is Monarch's Quarters then the Dinning Hall is in the center. The thing is that if its Monarch's Quarters then privacy settings just do not help and if its Maternity Ward then it needs to be locked or the game destroys my pregnant NPC sims. So, door locks are my only workable option. Is there any way the spawner can be moved? Or perhaps, can the pass door be relocated to the other side of the center room to connect with the right room instead?

Can you not use the upper room to the right then? That should be able to be fully locked without causing any problems. All those small rooms are the same size I think so whatever's in there could be moved to the one giving you problems.
The only 2 that can be fully locked are the Main upper room and the right upper room.
The left upper has the spawner, the lower left is a homing point, the throne room gives access to everything and the lower right gives access to and from the reception hall and a homing point if privacy is set on the left.
I have no idea about moving the spawner I've never tried.
The doors can't be moved and made usable, they're just a look, I think the actual entrance/exit is in the shell and nothing to do with the door, so unless the shell can be redone, the exits will always be where they are just now.
Although if you have the LE or CE and have the extra throne rooms, the 2 doors to the right and left rooms in the Main upper room are not always there, or both are there or only one room has a connecting door depending on which throne room you've selected, so you might find an answer there. Even selecting a different throne room might give you what you're looking for.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 11:28 PM
Yes, but how do I give access to the center dining hall for my prisoners with no door? As I said it is a big headache all around. Too bad EA does not think these things thru in advance, or at least pay some heed to their game testers.
Scholar
#11 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 2:09 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 25th Feb 2013 at 2:32 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
Yes, but how do I give access to the center dining hall for my prisoners with no door? As I said it is a big headache all around. Too bad EA does not think these things thru in advance, or at least pay some heed to their game testers.

When I posted above, I was thinking that at least one of additional throne rooms in the LE and CE has a different door layout for upstairs, and that the right room was identical to the left room as far as doors are concerned, but I think I may be thinking of a duplicate I built in TS3.
Just checking it out just now......

*edit* nope I was thinking of TS3.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 5:30 AM
Are you talking about locking the arches on the first floor? There is no door there to lock. I have had those locked during everything I've done today. You can walk right through. I've also had no random spawns in the upstairs room while locked. As far as I know the game doesn't use a spawn point, just drops at x, y where the script tells it. Are they sims you recognize or are they new spawns?
Scholar
#13 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 8:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
Are you talking about locking the arches on the first floor? There is no door there to lock. I have had those locked during everything I've done today. You can walk right through. I've also had no random spawns in the upstairs room while locked. As far as I know the game doesn't use a spawn point, just drops at x, y where the script tells it. Are they sims you recognize or are they new spawns?

At the start of the work day, the Royal Advisors, Build Master etc spawn in the upper left room in front of the door that leads out into the hall, which are the sims I assumed Silverprinz was talking about.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
At the start of the work day, the Royal Advisors, Build Master etc spawn in the upper left room in front of the door that leads out into the hall, which are the sims I assumed Silverprinz was talking about.

If that's the case, while looking at quests again I found this in the Roles.xml.

<WorldCastle>
<OverrideFilter>RoleAdvisor</OverrideFilter>
<Schedule>Advisor</Schedule>
<InactiveBedObjectName>Bed_ThroneRoom_2F_Door1</InactiveBedObjectName>
<EnterObjectName>Bed_ThroneRoom_2F_Door1</EnterObjectName>
<Marryable>True</Marryable>
<ReassignOnSimDeath>True</ReassignOnSimDeath>
<LivesNearby>True</LivesNearby>
<CASOutfitMale>amOutfitAdvisor</CASOutfitMale>
<BedObjectName>Bed_ThroneRoom_2F_Door1</BedObjectName>
<WakeupTime>7</WakeupTime>
<Killable>True</Killable>
<WelcomeAllowed>True</WelcomeAllowed>
<Count>1</Count>
<RequirementFilter>AdultFilter</RequirementFilter>
<CASOutfitFemale>afOutfitAdvisor</CASOutfitFemale>
<SimTitle>AdvisorTitle</SimTitle>
<RemoveSimsOnDeactivate>False</RemoveSimsOnDeactivate>
<RoleTag>Advisor</RoleTag>
<AllowFromTowniePool>False</AllowFromTowniePool>
</WorldCastle>

You should be able to assign a new door (it seems the door themselves are the spawn point) and the sims woun't end up in that room.
Scholar
#15 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 8:03 PM
ROFL I was looking at that file on Friday for something else, I saw the info on spawn points, never connected it in my head when it came up yesterday.

This is the file used by the populous mod, so Silverprinz would have to edit it in that modded xml if he wants to keep that mod, unless, of course, he wants to edit the original xml himself more to his liking.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 9:40 PM
Thank you I will be looking into that one. I noticed that somehow moving the back room beds away from the doors to the upper side rooms and putting them by the center door has helped. I want to try things this way a while before making another change related to this. As for the one-way door locks on the big arched doors on first floor (they keep sims in but not out, at least in m game) I just put a sofa in front of the left one. End of problem.