Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#326 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 2:39 AM
AN indoor golfing range in the facility? With like the windows only on the top story? (I'm assuming a golfing range is larger than one story.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#327 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 4:39 AM
I LOVE that house in the second picture-it just SO reminds me of the game LA Noire!
(I think you should build it, but maybe with a mildly muted colour scheme.)

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
Forum Resident
#328 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 5:07 AM
Ooh, what a nice collection of inspiration links! I agree with Lennon about the second link, I can just see that in gritty black and white, heh.

For a retirement home, I'm kind of feeling the Prairie-Style on Marvin Ave from the last link. It's more severe lines make it look more like an 'institution' than many of the other embellished Victorians I see presented. Although I can see they are right in line with the style of houses you've been doing lately, so I'm sure we'll see a few of these elsewhere on your maps. Just my two cents, though. And I have to admit I'm rather partial to the Prairie style anyway.

I'll have to start adding retirement homes to my games now, lol. For such an obviously simple idea, I'm surprised I hadn't done so before this!
Mad Poster
#329 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 7:41 AM
Nursing home? It needs to look like this!

Field Researcher
#330 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Nursing home? It needs to look like this!

Haha-I agree-it's quite awful!

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
Instructor
#331 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 1:19 PM
A nursing home! That is an awesome idea. That way the old people won't get lonely when their spouses die.

Lovely collection of houses - wish you could build them all!
Top Secret Researcher
#332 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 4:14 PM
What a lovely idea! Especially if it has a bloody shower! (Get it> Its the house from Psycho)

GTA V
Scholar
#333 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651
What a lovely idea! Especially if it has a bloody shower! (Get it> Its the house from Psycho)

The shower scene wasn't in the house, though; it was in the motel. Just don't recreate the basement, for the love of God!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Top Secret Researcher
#334 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 1:26 AM
Yeah I know, but it still fits

GTA V
dodgy builder
#335 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 1:05 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 22nd Mar 2012 at 1:21 PM.
Someone talking about golf ranges? In this game they are very nice sizes. Less then 10 tiles long, and only about 3 or 4 wide. Could fit anywhere Would fit perfectly in Reyes. A wife in a playtesting family of mine kept going there all the time, and apparently would beat her own records and the records of the golf course. Funny since it was a domestic house and the only golf range in there. It may sound a bit off though. Doing 105 yards and the house is only 15 tiles long? I don't know how much 105 yards is lolz.

For the retirement home. I like the very buildable victorianhomes4u. In your last link I like the first rundown Grand Avenue, and the Rosemond Estate is cute, but I don't know about that round tower.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#336 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 8:57 AM
Well, that section with the barns is taking a lttle longer than I expected it would.

lots of plants and two adjusted textures. I changed out the guardrail texture and the low quality/far away image for the yellow plant. Do both of these texture replacements look okay, or do I need to go work on them a little more?

random sunrise

32,000 views - Lordy
Field Researcher
#337 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 9:43 AM
I think the recolours look great-those rust spots really look great and add that extra detail that I expect of your worlds!

Instructor
#338 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 4:26 PM
Everything looks so amazing. Your attention to detail is quite impressive. =)

The only thing about the guardrails that stands out to me is how light the wood posts are. They almost seem like they aren't wood but some kind of plastic or metal. But that might just be me. =)

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#339 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 4:37 PM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 24th Mar 2012 at 10:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
Everything looks so amazing. Your attention to detail is quite impressive. =)

The only thing about the guardrails that stands out to me is how light the wood posts are. They almost seem like they aren't wood but some kind of plastic or metal. But that might just be me. =)

It's not just you. I got lazy last night and didn't bother to replace Ea's post texture. Does this look better?

Oh, also should I adjust the rail texture so that the rust/brown is more of a straight line and not just a few little blotches . This might tone down the repetitiveness a bit.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#340 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 11:46 PM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 25th Mar 2012 at 11:58 PM.
Well, I just feel in the mood to put out an updated testing version this evening .

All Eps and Sps are recommended for Reyes. Thought it uses all , it'll work okay with just the EP's. The world will install and play if you don't have Ambitions, but lots of windows will be missing.

Download link
http://www.mediafire.com/?8d1mvt8mxpnjbch

Remember , everything is still very much a WIP. Don't expect for anything to be finished. The reyescc file included in the download needs to go in your documents/electronic arts/the sims 3 / mods /packages folder. That's probably not quite the right location, but it's something like that. Just put it where package file CC goes.

please post any lag, problems, freezing , issues, and stuff like that.

things to check

pool

stage

bar

new textures

plants

number of plants- does the world run slowly on your computer

In the past day or two, I've added at least 400 plants.

new fences

detail added around midsection of map

routing paint on cliffs in finished areas

The following third party CC is currently included in the world. This will not be the case once we get into the later BETAs.

Jynx's rugs

http://customsims3.com/forums/thread-53.html

Graham's cars [ferry set]

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=431808

Awesim's cornices

http://awesims.sixty-ten.net/2010/1...for-the-sims-3/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#341 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 4:49 PM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 28th Mar 2012 at 5:56 PM.
Well, I haven't made much progress the last few days. I can whip out an exterior shell in about one hour , while each floor of furnishings takes me about an hour and a half.

By the weekend, I'll try to have another update of some sort.

Hm, I know about 10 people downloaded the Beta. How did it work for you all?
Instructor
#342 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 5:01 PM
What you do in 2 1/2 hours takes me at least 8-12. So I'm still in awe at the speed at which you work, especially since the quality is so freakin' good.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#343 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 11:43 PM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 30th Mar 2012 at 11:54 PM.
Well, I decided that I should start working on the fisherman's wharf area. This half will be used as a big show venue , while the other section section, currently not built, will be a bar. Does this first half look okay? If you all don't like the red, I could try a nice beige stucco. At this point nothing has been added to the boardwalk/pier/wood area because I unsure about how I'm going to lay this lot out.

Instructor
#344 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 11:54 PM
IMO in red it looks better, beige would be too bland I think.
Inventor
#345 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 12:03 AM
Yeah, I agree. Red makes a great contrast to the other building Keep it!
Instructor
#346 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 3:02 AM
Sorry, I haven't had a chance to test the beta version yet. Will hopefully get some time this weekend.

I love how you use CFE to get such interesting and realistic wall shapes.
Field Researcher
#347 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 3:16 AM
The red looks great! I like it the way it is.

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Field Researcher
#348 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 7:05 AM
It looks excellent in red.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#349 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 1:00 AM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 10th Apr 2012 at 5:14 PM.
Field Researcher
#350 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 1:40 AM
I think the little building looks alright, but the sign looks a little weird in how thick it is.

Page 14 of 31