Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 8:21 PM
Default CTU- not loading meshes
this is getting annoying, everytime i save a new mesh/retexture as a package, and then when i open the package back up in CTU there is a message saying 'sorry no meshes were found' this happens with all of packages that i have saved and now trying to open. would i need to download CTU again?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 9:07 PM
What exactly are you doing to add the meshes?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 5:51 PM
after editing the lod1-3 in milkshape i import it to CTU, then i applyed the new mesh and gave it a new name, i saved as package. so when i open CTU up again and open the package i just made the meshes are unable to load. I tryed saving the EA made content as package without editing anything to see if theres a difference but this is even happening when i dont edit anything at all.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 5:57 PM
you need to import all lods, not just lod1-3

edit,
srry, you prolly ment 1/2 and 3
wat are you making?
accesoires should be load into the lod0 box
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 6:56 PM
yeah im loading l0d 1, 2 and 3, its clothing so it doesn't have a lod0, it seems to be a bug with CTU, i've reloaded all the edited lods and imported it onto a mesh, imported the retextures + stencils again and saved it, this seems to have worked. I'm thinking CTU couldn't save the package properly before. i'm hoping theres some fix for this because re-importing all of the new meshes and retextures etc. is a very long process :/
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 7:01 PM
Although I'm not sure how much difference it makes, I learnt to add a new name, hit Commit, then add the meshes and hit Commit again, then save.

Is this a brand new file or are you editing someone else's CC?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 7:01 PM
no its brand new, i hit commit after importing new things all the time, and yup i do it in the order you've stated, yet i still get the meshes not found error every now and then, it seems reimporting everything in a new project in CTU is the only way around so far.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 7:03 PM
oh and while im still here, can i ask, if i make a male shoe available for females (i'll edit it to make it a bit smaller?) , will it affect the morphing and stuff?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 7:37 PM
I've never had that problem with meshes, so I really don't know what to suggest. :/

Try it and see The shoe will use the morphs for the male shoe, which may work, or they may not - the only way really to tell is to test it.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 7:54 PM
okay thanks for your help
Sockpuppet
#11 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 11:34 PM
Did you make the meshes from scratch?
You always need to import a basegame clothing first in Milkshape
Has the mesh boneassignements?

You can test if CTU is working properly
-clone a outfit
-extract the meshes
-add a design
-reimport the 3 lod meshes again
-change meshname
-save as

Then open it back

You may NEVER use ''save as'' when making a edit to a existing package that has custom meshes attached to it, you need to use ''save''(when updating a texture file or changing category's for instance)

You can only attache meshes one time when creating a package, updating those meshes later should be done with Postal or s3PE(or start from scratch.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 12:12 PM
ohhh gosh i see now thanks bloombase, i was using save as when it had custom meshes already attached instead of 'save' what a numpty. ok everythings working fine now thanks again :D
Sockpuppet
#13 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 12:48 PM
your welcome
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#14 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 2:25 PM
Ah, sorry, I should have thought of that. It never seems to break for me when I use Save As, so I forget. Glad it's working!