Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 3:02 AM
Default Freckles into Accessory?
I've been trying to change freckles so that you can wear them as an accessory so i can use contacts and blush on my sims at the same time. So far I've just been changing the category in CTU (and then pressing commit!) but when I try testing it in game it just turns my sims eyes orange. What am I doing wrong?

People who say sunshine brings happiness have obviously never danced in the rain.
Advertisement
Mother Function
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 3:12 AM
Since freckles use the face mesh as a base and accessories use the body (theoretically), I don't think you can just change the category like that. Why not just make the freckles into working topical details (the kind that you tick in CAS) instead?

It's not that hard, it just requires a bit of hex-editing.

I have a video tutorial on that here: http://thesimsupply.com/showthread.php?tid=228

The only downside is, you might need Rez Delnava's hack to get them to show up which hasn't been updated. However, just having one extra freckle probably won't cause too much of a problem.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 11:06 AM
Huh, Rez's mod still works for me I think...

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.