Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 11:26 PM
Default Help with teen male undies
So I'm trying to create a set of nifty undies for teens and it's not going well. My first attempt was to create a set of superhero underwear for teens but I just couldnt get the things aligned properly with the color mask, among other issues. I decided to go simpler and was quite pleased until I actually tried it in the game.

Here is what the undies look like in CAS

and here is what it looks like in the game?

Any idea why its so pixelated? I have my details settings to high so it shouldnt look like that
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 11:58 PM
To be honest, it looks like you just have a sucky graphics card. It's also possible that the game is using a smaller mipmap I guess - but it'd usually do that because of a lack of graphics capability. What are your specs?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 1:35 AM
Every thing else in my game turn up pretty good, but the underwear comes up as crap.
Running 4.00 Ram, Pentium dual core 4500, Windows 7
graphic card is Nvidia GeForce 7100
last time I checked, I think my card was on the lower end of the spectrum
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 3:33 AM
i often have similar problems.
Most of the times its caused after updating the texture file, and updating again and again.
Try to start over with a new basegame texture and past yours on it, then save in the correct format.

Another thing i keep getting is that if i update a mask texture for a 3 color outfit wich is a DXT1noalpha format my Photoshop pluging(Nvidia) adds a alphalayer to it and totally screws up the other layers.
Check the format on that texture
3color = DXT1noalpha
4color = DXT5interpolatedalpha
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 4:58 AM
That might actually be the problem Blooms. I updated the texture file a dozen of times. I will try starting with a fresh one and see if that works

edit: I guess photobucket doesnt like pictures of pixelated underwear because my example picture have been taken down
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 12:01 PM
You can attach pics to the post if you need to.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.