Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 3:16 PM
Default Modifying custom hair
Hi, I have a problem with this custom hair I downloaded. It keeps it changing her hair everytime she showers, I have enabled naked, but it's still changing. So maybe it's the hair's problem. Is there a way to modify this by yourself? :D
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 3:43 PM
Have a look here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=426976 and here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=354639. You need to enable the hair for the Naked category.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 4:18 PM
I tried it..It didn't work Maybe a few more details, or another option might help me
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 4:33 PM
What exactly did you try? Did you bear in mind that just following the tutorial won't fix the hair for existing sims on its own, and that you need to test with a new sim to see if it's worked?

Mother Function
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 5:19 PM
If you want to enable that hair for the existing sim (after you enabled the naked category) you can use a hack the Nraas Master Controller to change the sims naked outfit. Simply catch the sim while naked or have them change into their naked outfit via the MC, then send them to them back to the Stylist and choose the hair you'd like them to wear instead.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 2:47 AM
The first time it didn't work, but, I just downloaded the hair again and followed these steps again http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=426976 and it already worked
thanks you guys :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 6:25 PM
Hi, is there a way of requesting a "custom hair maker", to modify the hair, to make use the same hair for everything even the nude...or at least a tutorial on how to do that, because it's not working for me, and that hair is really 3x beautiful, but it keeps changing when showering, and yes, I've already done all these steps, but still doesn't work..
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 6:34 PM
I thought you said it worked? Is this a different hair?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 6:33 PM
Yes, it's a different one...I tried everything, as in everything, but it keeps changing while showering/naked...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 6:44 PM
It's as if this hair is TOO Good to be true haha lol!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 6:58 PM
You changed the naked outfit as dal suggested? Does the hair show up as an option when you do so?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 12:28 AM
Actually, that's another problem, I can't seem to download Master Controller...is Super Computer the same as that? maybe that's more simpler to download lol :D
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 1:04 AM
No, SuperComputer is an old mod which used to include both MasterController and Overwatch, but it's not compatible with newer game versions. If you're having trouble downloading MC, just make a new sim - you can set that sim to have the right hair in all categories, move him/her into a lot, send them to the shower to see if the hair is fixed, and then kill/evict/delete them when you're done.

You can also use the edit in CAS cheat if you use AwesomeMod. I don't remember the exact cheat, but I'm sure it's in the AwesomeMod instructions somewhere.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 1:24 AM Last edited by MinerVAX09 : 8th Dec 2010 at 2:10 AM.
Ok, I'll try those, thanks a lot I'm just sorry for hogging ya time in my problem haha :D

EDIT: Hmm...this really ain't working for me, even the master controller...I guess my thread is useless to go on...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 10:26 AM
Hey, you got it working once - don't give up!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 4:59 AM
Yeah, I guess I could give it another try

EDIT: So, I used Unitool, in the tab Designs then Other Details There's a category named CAS Details and then, there's IsNaked and IsNotNaked..which one should I enable?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Hey, you got it working once - don't give up!

Would it be much much easier if I just used this, now edit naked mod thing?
sorry for bad english
Inventor
#18 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 9:59 AM
In CTU put a checkmark in the box in front of Naked in the column Category under the Part Category Tab.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 10:03 AM
I've already done that...but it still changes
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#20 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 11:18 AM
From what I can see, both IsNaked and IsNotNaked should be unchecked. It's still changing on a brand new sim? Hmm, perhaps you still have the original file in Mods/Packages and it's overriding the new one?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 11:40 AM
Is it still considered a New Sim, when you just used a pre-made one?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#22 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 9:30 PM
I'm not sure - pre-made sims may already have a naked outfit. It's probably best to make a brand new one just to be sure.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 2:09 AM
Hi Whiterider, it's already fixed, I just used Master Controller ) My problem has finally ended...Thanks for all the tips you told me :D
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#24 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 11:17 AM
Glad it's sorted! And I'm glad you managed to download MC, it's an awesome mod.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 5:27 AM
Yeah, it really worked wonders Thanks again, and I'm really sorry for being to crucial about this lol =))