Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 5:07 AM
Default making shoes
i want to make high heel shoes, is it ok if i just use milkshape to make the heel higher? and then i can retexture it in unitool. or am i missing a step, its because i've never made shoes just clothing any help appreciated.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 5:12 AM
If your just making a already existing shoe higher, than yes. But you have to do so on all morph states and make sure not to distort the rest of the shoe. Just a warning though, I've been working on some shoes for quit a while now and let me tell you they a pain in the ass.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 5:28 AM
thanks omegastarr, and i'm making an existing shoe higher. well...i guess my backside is about to hurt xD
Inventor
#4 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 1:41 PM
Using the MMangle tool from WesHowe can save you both some time. If you're only moving vertices, you can let the tool translate the moves via the reference onto the morph-meshes.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 2:43 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 12th Dec 2010 at 3:04 PM.
Uh, there is no need to either make new morphs or edit the morphs.
If you only move some verts those changes will automaticly be used by the slider files.
The morph meshes aren't used by the game.

The sliderfiles contains the morphdata and uses it to change the base mesh but it morphs the vertice positions incremental.
So if you scale the basemesh bigger the fat/fit and thin will also be bigger.

Ofcourse there is a limit and you can not change the seam were the feet meet the calves.

Edit,

The above method will only work when using CTU wich(when cloning a outfit and add your custom basemesh) still uses the original sliderfiles(Bgeo's)
If you are using TSRW then you do need to edit the morphs the same way you edit the basemesh because TSRW builds new sliderfiles the moment you import mesh and morphs back.
Inventor
#6 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 3:01 PM
But that would mean, you cannot see what the change does to the morphs untill you check it out in the game.
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cocomama
But that would mean, you cannot see what the change does to the morphs untill you check it out in the game.

You are right.
But a high heel is identical for the base mesh and all morphs.
So changing that heel on the basemesh will give the same result on the fat/fit and thin.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 4:08 PM
The only part of the shoe meshes which morph are the ankles, so changing the heel shouldn't make any difference to the morphs anyway, and you can't change the ankle much or it won't match up with the legs.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#9 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 4:17 PM
If you want to see how your modified shoe morphs, you can load your mesh into Milkshape and load the game shoe morphs on top of it. That'll give you your morphed meshes which you could tweak if needed and save out as new morph-meshes.
Inventor
#10 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
If you want to see how your modified shoe morphs, you can load your mesh into Milkshape and load the game shoe morphs on top of it. That'll give you your morphed meshes which you could tweak if needed and save out as new morph-meshes.

OMG, that works fantastic CmarNYC, never knew that.
Will it work for clothing too and for custom meshes?
I mean if you have to change something on your changed mesh, you can first change it on the base-mesh only and then import the custom morphs and they will auto adjust again?

That would make working with CTU the preferred methode for meshing that only involves moving vertices.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 1:31 PM
oh thanks for all your help! i used CmarNYC method for this one because it's a simple shoe, i'll use the other methods for complex changes to a shoe thanks guys! it looks like this now...

but i need your opinions, any improvements needed?

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#12 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cocomama
OMG, that works fantastic CmarNYC, never knew that.
Will it work for clothing too and for custom meshes?
I mean if you have to change something on your changed mesh, you can first change it on the base-mesh only and then import the custom morphs and they will auto adjust again?

That would make working with CTU the preferred methode for meshing that only involves moving vertices.

It should work the same for clothing and any base and morph meshes.

There's also Wes's MorphMangle tool which makes working with morphs easy within Milkshape - you import your base and morphs, make a reference duplicate of the base mesh and hide it, and use MorphMangle to update your morphs as you make changes to the base mesh without having to export and import. http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...4&postcount=107