Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 12:02 PM Last edited by leesester : 8th Jul 2011 at 5:07 PM.
Default July Monthly Theme - Future/Time Travel
Hello!

Despite all the mayhem of the move to the new servers we have managed to organise all the votes and our new monthly theme is:

Future/Time Travel

Yes, I know we have no upload system at the moment, but nothing to stop you all getting started on creating for the new theme

UPDATE: the great wizzard is back - time to fill up the luggage.

How to take part?
Make a Future/Timetravel-themed upload. It can be anything - a lot, a sim, clothes, furniture, whatever comes to your mind, as long as it has something to do with the theme.

The upload process goes the way it normally does (once fixed). You include required pictures, files, information... The only new requirement is that you include some of the following tags to your upload search keywords:
  • "theme-timetravel"
  • "theme-future"
  • "timetravel"
  • "future"
  • "theme"

How long is the theme active?

The new theme starts today, July 3rd 2011 - and ends July 31st 2011.

Also...

We have gathered the votes for the next themes

Based on input from our loyal MTSers we have a list of all the themes we will be running in the next 6 months, but we won't be telling you all of them at once.

Good luck with the new theme - I look forward to some futuristic stuff.
20 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 12:54 PM
Looking forward to these additions. A small but somewhat pertinent question.. Is this for The Sims 3, 2 or a universal contest?

(To Delphy: Good work getting the sites back up. I know from experience how taxing it can be to exude this level of effort alone. You have my respect and thanks.)

>Edit<
Not a new member.. My account got nuked due to inactivity.. I have been following Delphy's work since early TS2.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 12:58 PM
Stylus15, it will be for both games and every type of download that you can make for either of them.

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 1:54 PM
Woohoo!! This new theme is gonna rock, I can sense it already :D
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
The Fitness theme starts today, July 3rd 2011 - and ends July 31st 2011.

Little typo there.

I love this idea. Can't wait to see what everyone creates!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 2:34 PM
You say "time travel", can this include travelling BACK as well? So, I could, say, a 1700's era pirate starter home collection?

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Instructor
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 3:12 PM
Beh! Of all the themes for my Sims to quit working on! Mlargh! Especially since, being a huge Doctor Who fan, this is the definition of up my alley.

Will try to whip something up. (The question is, what?)

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
Little typo there.

Thanks purplepaws - I was a tad overenthusiastic with the copy-paste there methinks

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#9 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 1:01 PM
Is there an ETA on when uploads are going to be fixed? Have careers done that are at least semi-theme-related (hooray Fringe careers!), but can't submit if no uploads.
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 1:14 PM
two words...

Flying DeLorean!

<snip>
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 9:42 PM
Any idea when we will be able to upload again?

{{It's lost and can't be found.}}
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 7:25 AM
I might try something futuristic maybe. Now you say "Future/Time Travel" so like traveling back in time, say like cavemen, would also be okay, or just futuristic?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 8:18 AM
@simsgeneration1

That's a good question, I really want to know too. I mean, it does say "Time Travel" and that includes the past, but then past time travel is so vague. It could be from anything between cavemen and the 1990s.

{{It's lost and can't be found.}}
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FallingAwayFromMe
@simsgeneration1

That's a good question, I really want to know too. I mean, it does say "Time Travel" and that includes the past, but then past time travel is so vague. It could be from anything between cavemen and the 1990s.

right, then it would really be anything really and wouldn't be much of a challenge. maybe if it does include past maybe a set time limit would be good. like BC times. I'll just focus on making future stuff now (I already have a few things in mind for some outfits) until this is more clarified.
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 9:11 AM
I love you! I can't create yet (ohh if I could though!! =D), but I'm close to getting my next-gen series of Pleasantview ready, & this timing could NOT have been better if I'd asked for this to happen!

I shall be stalking for these entries when the upload system begins working again. ^_^

Thank you, just.... I don't know what to say. I'll personally credit the creator of this challenge as well as the talent folks that enter when I make the series. Just... thank you! <3
Instructor
#16 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 5:06 PM
This should be fun Thanks for the idea of theme. Loving it already!<3
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 10:56 PM
This looks like it'll be a great theme! I've already got an idea all lined up.

Dedicated to Tuning and Tweaking the Sims 3
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#18 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 4:36 PM
Lee, will you be remaking your lost Delorean? Considering you had it all made and finished, I think you get dibs on that first

Also, I don't really think just making stuff from the past counts as 'time travel', we would have just had an 'in the past' theme instead. Not that we have strict rules about this sort of thing though, just sayin'
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Lee, will you be remaking your lost Delorean? Considering you had it all made and finished, I think you get dibs on that first

Also, I don't really think just making stuff from the past counts as 'time travel', we would have just had an 'in the past' theme instead. Not that we have strict rules about this sort of thing though, just sayin'

@Phae - yea, I will finish the blasted thing. TS2 of course

Agreeing with Phae on this - the theme is "Time Travel/Future" not "Time Travel/Some Period in History that takes your Fancy". Unless you make a medieval time machine of course. Possibly water wheel powered?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Retired
retired moderator
#20 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 1:06 AM
I've made a lot and Sim based of H G Wells' The Time Machine. It would be easily mistaken for just a Victorian home except for the time machine in the attic, but I assume it's probably in theme enough to enter.

Perhaps if I also made some Eloi and Morlocks.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#21 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 7:25 AM
I'm tempted to make something that manipulates save-game files so you can travel into the "past".

Or maybe someone should make an entire neighborhood that looks as TS1 as possible, right down to bad graphics.

Or put the entire game in black and white and call it Old Timey Sims.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scholar
#22 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
I'm tempted to make something that manipulates save-game files so you can travel into the "past".

Or maybe someone should make an entire neighborhood that looks as TS1 as possible, right down to bad graphics.

Or put the entire game in black and white and call it Old Timey Sims.

Speaking of TS1, we did have Pleasantville. And way easier to recolor for.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 5:19 AM
*Hoping for some sims 2 Back To The Future items!!*

Occasional Builder, Full time player. Check out my Let's Plays here!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 2:58 PM
Now I'm wondering. Does time travel/future mean : time travel and - or future, or does it have to revolve around both?

** Patrick Stewart + Felicia Day + Bruce Campbell + zombie invasion + the cast of Firefly = my happiness.
Or, Chocolate ... yea I'll go with chocolate. **
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#25 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DDSIM
*Hoping for some sims 2 Back To The Future items!!*

Yes, me too! Btw. I can tell you for sure there will be a Hover Board
Page 1 of 2