Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 9:34 PM
Default Spring cleaning the moderation queue for 2013
Hi All,

In order to start 2013 with as clean a slate as possible, I've turned off the upload wizard, so that no new items will be allowed to be uploaded to MTS for a little while. This will give the staff a chance to clear out the queues, and for us to have a bit of downtime before they get turned on again. Existing uploads wont be affected - they'll still be moderated as normal, but everybody needs a break from time to time, and spring cleaning is always a good thing. It'll give us the chance to discuss the past year, and to think of new ways to tackle things - so please be patient with us while we carry out this process.

I'll post again when the uploads are back online.

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 12:30 AM
Some mods need to be updated due to latest patch 1.47...

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Instructor
#3 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 2:31 AM
But we can just use edit thread for that.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 9:08 AM
Exactly, van Dorn. This affects only brand new uploads that want to be uploaded using the upload wizard. Existing uploads and editing functionality is not affected, nor is uploading new files.

Banned
#5 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 9:18 AM
So you are disabling uploads to focus on other things that need attention, or to clean out old uploads from the moderation queue?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 9:27 AM
We're cleaning out the queue, partly, yes. We also have some significant changes to the way the queue works which we've been working on for a few months; but making those changes requires a lot of work from the queue moderators, many of whom don't have time to both contribute to the upgrade and keep up with current uploads in the queue. So, the upload downtime will allow us to clean out the queue and do the slug work for the new queue system; and it will also allow D to make the technical and coding changes to get the new system up and running. Don't worry, we'll be as quick as we can - the new system is awesome and we want to see it in place as soon as possible.

(It's also giving D lots of time to tinker with stuff with the apparent subconscious intent to make us work on the new system instead of moderating existing uploads, if the way the image popovers were working last night is anything to go by :giggler

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 10:46 AM
Programming forums is great fun - the posts and uploads are really just there as test data

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
#8 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 12:48 PM
Perhaps it would just be nice if people said thanks for the hard work the MTS staff are putting into the site.

Anyway .. Thanks! Look forward to seeing the new stuff soon
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 1:03 PM
We do appreciate it

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#10 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 1:51 PM
Really looking forward to seeing the new upload information. I'll just keep working on my creations in the meantime.

Thanks to all the Staff and Delphy for providing us with a brilliant site to explore
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 6:24 PM
Oh boy will you have a long queue when it's working again lol I know for myself I am hooked on Building Houses but seriously I to want to Thank Delphy and ALL the Moderators who take the time helping with MTS. Without you Guys & Girls we wouldn't be here so a very sincere Thank You!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 11:44 PM
Default Thanks!
Figures that when I finally have time to start making creations and go to finally upload them I can't! >.< haha. No but honestly, thank you so much for all the hard work! Can't wait to see the new stuff that you guys have in store for us and I look forward to uploading some awesome content once you do have everything up and running again!
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 12:08 AM
Beyond excited for the updates! Thanks to all the people involved with improving and updating the site! I don't think I'm alone in saying that you do a great job in bringing us all together in this wonderful community!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Perhaps it would just be nice if people said thanks for the hard work the MTS staff are putting into the site.

Anyway .. Thanks! Look forward to seeing the new stuff soon

Which idiot pressed 'disagree' to your post? Anyway, this sounds great and THANKS GUYS.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 12:35 PM
This is a neat idea, I think the queue needs some cleanup. By the way, I had submitted a Sims 2 mod a few days ago, I got the message that I had to change some stuff, but I haven't, yet. If I were to change things now and submitted it, would it be affected in any way? What if I didn't fix it?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 1:35 PM
SimsCenterTween: All uploads currently in the queue are treated as normal. If you didn't change the things we wanted you to change then you still run the risk of rejection.

Scholar
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 5:53 PM
Looking forward to seeing the new updates!

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Mad Poster
#18 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missyhissy
Looking forward to seeing the new updates!

Likewise, Can't wait to see the new updates

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Scholar
#19 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 11:47 PM
So does that mean that if I intended to upload for the monthly theme (cultural diversity) I can just forget about it?
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#20 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
So does that mean that if I intended to upload for the monthly theme (cultural diversity) I can just forget about it?

Take a look at this thread, comment 63 http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments
Forum Resident
#21 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 12:27 AM
Is there an ETA on this?
And yea I'm alsking this totally respectfully.
Scholar
#22 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 3:51 AM
Thank you, Karen.
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 8:22 AM
Looking forward to the new updates - thanks, Delphy. I'm getting excited now

- Ebony :)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#24 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 1:45 AM Last edited by porkypine : 10th Feb 2013 at 6:21 AM.
I wanted to say, 'take your time!" lol I need time to revise my jingle dress. Too many vertices... I'll have to figure out how best to use a PNG for the 3 dimensional jingles...

edit: Feb 2, Aw! Someone booed me! I am hurt,

Anyway, Got the bugs and seriously reduced my mesh vertices into something that will run on people's machines. ONE pesky vertice wasn't assigned!. I had to duplicate and chop my mesh to find which section was missing the assignment! (It was the bottom of the left legging.) It finally exported correctly. Minus few hundred jingles. I'll have to paint them on.. Then, it's time to work on fingerpainting 101.

edit: Feb 4:

Well... the fingerpainting is coming along ok... I may get a couple of recolors done at the same time... I don't know if I will have time to create a new hairstyle. That may come later. Hair is a pain mainly because I flunked fingerpainting... PLUS! I need to insert a bumpmap for this dress. It needs it so the painted jingles don't look so flat...

Edit: Feb 6:

Got the bumpmp added. Unfortunately, it didn't make the jingles 'pop' much but it did add nice texture to the beadwork. I haven't loaded it in game yet so maybe it will look better there.... Working on the main recolor. I'd like to get others done too... hmmm. Considering how much time I've invested in this project, I think I better fire up the game and see what the mesh looks like before I spend more time on it...

Edit: Feb 9:
Going ok. Working on recolor #2
Test Subject
#25 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 5:47 PM
Do you know when i will be able to upload stuff again?
Locked thread
Page 1 of 5