Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 5:21 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 23rd Nov 2013 at 5:50 PM.
Default Upcoming Changes Starting 26 November
Just a quick note to let you know that from 26 November to 30 November, you will not be able to upload anything new to MTS. This is because we will be turning off the upload wizard temporarily, so that we can clear the moderation queue, in preparation for the new Creator Guidelines and Rubrics going into effect on 1 December, along with the new Queue Bypass system. This allows us time to process creations uploaded before the wizard is turned off, and to allow any creators who are asked to make changes to have time to make those as well. This also will allow moderators to have a little extra time to finish up the things we need to do to get this stuff live!

The changes include:
  • Queue Bypass, to allow creators with a good track record of uploading here to upload directly, without going through the moderation queue, so their creations will be up immediately. There will also be an option to go to the queue anyway, in case you'd like someone to look your creation over before it goes live. You can see whether you are eligible to bypass the queue by going to your Creator Statistics.
  • New Creator Guidelines. We're reviewing every section and redoing the guidelines, simplified to remove the silly nitpicky stuff, reworded, and made much easier to understand and achieve.
  • New Pay Content Rules which should be a lot easier to understand (and for us to moderate!).
  • New Reports System with report types, to make it easier to report stuff that violates the rules (or things that may have bypassed but don't quite meet the guidelines).
  • Creator Feedback Forum rules changes, to allow for it to be much more of a creator's "sandbox" for upload preparation, not just "does my sim look like the celebrity" quality type stuff.
  • Moderation Methods changing drastically - the threshholds for accept/changes required/reject rejiggered, upload moderation no longer anonymous, and generally a lot gentler and friendlier - with moderator retraining to make sure everyone's on the same page.

This is just a quick summary of the changes - we'll give you a lot more details the first day of December when the Upload Wizard is switched back on, and the new systems go live! Just wanted to give you a heads-up so if you've got an upload you're planning on sharing soon, you can get it up now, or wait until the new systems are live. And don't worry - if you're making stuff based on our guidelines now, you'll be fine going forward - there's not anything we allowed before that we won't allow now (just the opposite!). So keep working on those projects, and we'll post more news soon!

And if you're kicking around looking for something to do before the end of the month while the queue is down, perhaps try the MTS 2014 Calendar Contest! It's a simple, easy, one-round contest that's quick to enter, yet challenging, and there's a version for TS2 and one for TS3!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
12 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 6:24 PM
Okay, a question--queue bypass is solely for the categories that you upload most in, right? Or does it apply to all of your future uploads?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 6:40 PM
It's not category based, but across the board. Figuring out what areas required which skills and were similar enough to cross-over was just headache-inducing (like... is a clothing recolourer qualified to make clothing meshes? how about a clothing mesher making hair meshes? a ts2 lot creator suddenly making ts3 lots? gets complicated real fast, and we didn't want to have someone have to upload like 500 things to earn the bypass for all possible sections), so the threshholds we set for the queue bypass are meant to try to cover that... It just looks at your most recent uploads (most recent 5, for changes required, and most recent 10, for rejects/accepts) and if you're doing basically okay with those, then you can bypass, with a little bit of leeway. The exact threshholds are listed on the bypass section of Creator Statistics but if it's at all confusing, let me know and I can try to explain how/why. There's a full explanation in the news post that we'll be putting up when the things go live, too.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 6:46 PM
Also bear in mind that if you've made something brand new to you and you're a little wobbly about it, you do have the option to send that individual upload through the queue, if you want someone double-checking it for you.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 8:14 PM
I's excited.

Question, though: Would you rather we hold off on uploading so you can get things cleared out and squared away? I ask because I'm kind of on a binge, at the moment, thanks to the new computer, so I could upload bunches. But I could also wait. I don't want to create more work for y'all and I don't know what the current load is like. But if it would make things easier for the mods, I'm content to hold off and wait for the bypass to go live, so as not to add to the burden.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 8:56 PM
well, it will depend on how many (me hides from 100 uploads from ANYONE in one day). We have the todo list where things are laid out to get done and we have a very reliable moderator in charge of kicking butt to keep us on time. Is up to you.

Of course if you also wanted to hold on and test new system for us - also cool

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 9:38 PM
Well, I've got one mostly ready to go -- Easy one, a set of walls -- so I think I'll upload that one today and then hold off on others. Test the system, as you say.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 10:50 PM
Does this mean things that could only be "accepted/rejected" before will now have the option for "changes required"?

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Not actually evil.
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 10:51 PM
Oooooh, I have so many shirts to upload! XD If I can just whip that mesh into shape, I may have 3 or 4 uploads before the temporary queue shutdown.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Scholar
#10 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 1:28 AM
It looks like I have to check more than double with custom contents. I like reached two times with Changed Required. :/

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#11 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 1:35 AM Last edited by leefish : 24th Nov 2013 at 2:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Does this mean things that could only be "accepted/rejected" before will now have the option for "changes required"?

It would depend; if all it needs is a small tweak to make it an approve then that will be a changes required; we might even give it an approve and ask you to maybe add a picture or something. If you then did not add a picture/whatever we would be very saddened and probably not "cut you a break" next time.

Speaking for myself as an eternal optimist and idealist I believe that if people are treated well then they respond in kind so I do think that if a moderator or any other member of the site asked for clarification on an upload the uploader would be happy to help. So we can approve things and ask the uploader to "fix" teeeny issues after approval. Right? We are all trying to make and share the best thing we can.

/me believes

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#12 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 2:16 AM
I already noticed a bit of a change regarding CRs. My latest upload had some incorrect CC links, but was approved with a note about fixing the links. I'm pretty sure before that would have been a CR. I'm excited for the changes, I'm on a bit of a creation binge as well, but I'm bouncing back and forth between a few projects, so I'll probably not have anything till after.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 4:06 AM
Can't wait to use the queue bypass when it gets updated

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 9:16 AM
hmm. i don't think i'll ever use the bypass. better to be safe than sorry. and i don't like being taken down more than being rejected...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 9:42 AM
If you're doing good work in general and have read the guidelines, you shouldn't be too worried about stuff getting taken down - and if it did, it would likely only be temporary. Stuff will only be moved back to the queue if there are major issues (broken/corrupted files, missing critical info, major quality concerns, etc.), or if there's a ton of little issues that add up to a generally problematic thing. Most of the time, if it's just a twiddly thing here or there, folks who bypass might get a note in the comments from a moderator saying, "Oops, looks like you forgot the lot price, can you add that please?" and then you just edit when you get a chance.

But of course, you can still just go to the queue anyway, that's your choice... even when eligible for bypass - enough folks have said they'd like to have someone look their thing over and make sure it's okay that we definitely want to offer that feature.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 10:07 AM
Can't wait to use the queue bypass. I started a new building, but as I'm doing something else now It can wait until after the new system goes live.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
If you're doing good work in general and have read the guidelines, you shouldn't be too worried about stuff getting taken down - and if it did, it would likely only be temporary. Stuff will only be moved back to the queue if there are major issues (broken/corrupted files, missing critical info, major quality concerns, etc.), or if there's a ton of little issues that add up to a generally problematic thing. Most of the time, if it's just a twiddly thing here or there, folks who bypass might get a note in the comments from a moderator saying, "Oops, looks like you forgot the lot price, can you add that please?" and then you just edit when you get a chance.

But of course, you can still just go to the queue anyway, that's your choice... even when eligible for bypass - enough folks have said they'd like to have someone look their thing over and make sure it's okay that we definitely want to offer that feature.

thank you for that. i didn't mean in anyway the bypass function was a bad idea. actually it excited me the 1st time i heard of it. but sometimes i tend to lose my head and forget a bunch of stuff, and being a rookie i think i'd need all the guidance i could get. maybe if i get to "super veteran" status and upload like a hundred downloads i'd probably use the bypass, hehe!...
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 11:13 PM
Noooooo!
I already have no life outside of lot building - now it looks like I have an excuse to sink even further into the abyss of sims creations!

On a serious note though, I'm loving these ideas. The changes to accept/reject & CR and the queue bypass are intriguing; can't wait to test them out! Uploads off for 4 days, huh? Might just have to whip up a quick starter house, ready to test this new system with once it goes live!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 11:59 PM
So where do we stand on pictured pay content? Am I just missing that part?
I see that you can include it (fine, fine), but can I use it in screenshots? Because that's still kind of a deal breaker for me. I have too much content in my game to keep track of who's site is pay or not.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#20 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 12:04 AM
We have no issue on showing pay content if it is not essential to the lot or the sim. So showing a sim in pay hair or a lot with a paid door or something- you cant do that unfortunately.

Quote: Originally posted by new guidelines
Everything required or recommended for an upload must be freely available, without having to pay.

No uploads requiring pay content: We do not host content (for example, recolours of a pay hair or object mesh) that absolutely require pay content to function in-game.
No optional pay, pirated, or stolen content: Even for optional or recommended content not absolutely required for the creation to work (for example, hair on a sim or a couch on a lot), this means:
No content you must pay for. This means you cannot use items that are pay, donation, subscriber only, "special gift", etc. type content, anything accessible only when you pay money or subscribe.
No content from sites that are repositories of unmodified content when it is still available from the original creator, whether these items are pay or free (no Booty or Simscave, torrents, sites full of stolen content or similar, but the Graveyard and sites that offer recolours or modifications with the mesh are okay).
No EA content simply converted to base game use with no other changes.
No pirated EA Store content. EA Store content, linked to the legitimate EA Store, is okay though.

So just a picture in the background of a sim shot? Or maybe a sim on a pay sofa? Fine.

retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 12:06 AM
Yes, you can use it in screenshots. AFAIK that actually was removed from the requirements a while back. What you show in your screenshots is entirely your business as long as you show the thing you're making well enough that folks can see it's good.

New rules for pay content, in short: You can't make a thing that absolutely requires pay content (like recolours of pay meshes). For stuff not absolutely required (a hair for a sim, a couch for a lot, etc.), you can't use pay or pirate stuff, but if there's a site offering recolours of hair or couches or whatever that happen to include the mesh and it was a pay thing, eh, as long as we're not hosting it as part of the lot/sim on MTS, that's really an issue of permissions between the recolourer and the pay creator... Not a concern for MTS and the sim/house creator, so we'll allow it. I'll post up a better-worded explanation with the official news post on the 1st - for now, it's 1 AM and I really need to go to bed.

ETA: Or Lee could just copy-paste it, that would work too. :P

Field Researcher
#22 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 3:04 AM
Really? That's lovely!
I don't have a problem with the not including it in uploads. I don't tend to make things that include other people's content anyway. I just distinctly remember having to crop and draw out a pay hair in a preview for shirt recolors, way back when.

Thanks for the clarification! <3

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Yes, you can use it in screenshots. AFAIK that actually was removed from the requirements a while back. What you show in your screenshots is entirely your business as long as you show the thing you're making well enough that folks can see it's good.

New rules for pay content, in short: You can't make a thing that absolutely requires pay content (like recolours of pay meshes). For stuff not absolutely required (a hair for a sim, a couch for a lot, etc.), you can't use pay or pirate stuff, but if there's a site offering recolours of hair or couches or whatever that happen to include the mesh and it was a pay thing, eh, as long as we're not hosting it as part of the lot/sim on MTS, that's really an issue of permissions between the recolourer and the pay creator... Not a concern for MTS and the sim/house creator, so we'll allow it. I'll post up a better-worded explanation with the official news post on the 1st - for now, it's 1 AM and I really need to go to bed.

ETA: Or Lee could just copy-paste it, that would work too. :P
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#23 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 3:36 PM
Yea, to be specific; say its an upload of an eye or lip shape? The sim you are showing that content on has pay hair? Not a problem - the downloader does not need the hair to have the eye or lip so you can leave the pay hair in the shot.

Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#24 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 3:43 PM
Just wanted to wish Delphy, HP, Leefish, Nysha and all the other Moderators good luck with rolling out the new Guidelines, Rubrics and Upload process over the next few days. I will be thinking of you all. I'm getting quite excited at seeing all your hardwork come to fruition and trying out the new process

Goodluck :D

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 4:12 AM
Oh, one more thing. Can we creators get a notification when someone comments on our uploads? maybe a yellow exclamation when we're viewing our profiles or something. like there was this old (not so old) lot of mine where someone asks why he/she can't install my lot and i just read it a week after. I only have 5 lots so far and it's still easy to monitor which ones has a new comment. But i can't imagine when I go over 20...
Page 1 of 2