Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 11:03 AM
Hi! Great project! May be my pic can help?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 12:21 PM
Erm, I guess I should do my update again.

- Still working on a pale ruddy skintone that will eventually be freckled. And possibly hairy. *cries*

- I discovered a male adaption of the curly uni hair I did, so I will be adding more colors to the female version, then adapting all the colors to the male version.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 4:19 AM Last edited by kaneonapua : 15th Jan 2007 at 11:45 PM.
Default Curly Meshes/Update
Quote: Originally posted by Cephise
Most of the hair I see for download is straight hair. The redheads in my family all have curly hair, although "curly" varies from lion mane frizz to wavy.

On the donation side, Rose Sims2 #52, 43 and 41 are the most natural looking frizzy wavy meshes that I have seen. I have them in game and the Rose's photos are good representations. My college roomate had soft, wooly hair in a deep auburn similar to Hoersofdaland and milk white skin. Her looks are quite striking. I think "lion mane frizz" is a good way to describe it. She was from a place named Sedro-Woolley so we called her the official Woolley. The only mesh that ever made me think of her was Rose's #52. It isn't close to wooly but it is a good representation.

I will try to do some of MyoSaek's (Sims Artist Union) male hair if I can get permission. Probably the files numbered 13, 11 and 15. I just got permission from Coris so I will be working on these. Rose also said I can keep doing her free meshes so I will probably work on her latest one. I probably will not do the unisex long braid in the back.

Natural Redhead Project: Go Red, Naturally
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 8:48 PM
Well, I've got naturally curly (think wavy to ringlets, depending on the way it dried), reddish brown hair. If anyone wants I could probably post some pics.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 7:45 PM
Hoersofdaland and Frish, thank you for the photos! We have quite the collection of gorgeous red hair now. Lots of natural curls, too! I am getting jealous since my hair is bone straight.

I'd love to see your photos, Blackgoodbye. It is a help and an inspiration to see the different shades of red. I am not sure if I get very close to them but I try.

Test Subject
#56 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaneonapua
Hoersofdaland and Frish, thank you for the photos! We have quite the collection of gorgeous red hair now. Lots of natural curls, too! I am getting jealous since my hair is bone straight.

I'd love to see your photos, Blackgoodbye. It is a help and an inspiration to see the different shades of red. I am not sure if I get very close to them but I try.

No problem! If you need any more references I can get them for you (i.e if you need to see various hair styles)
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 12:10 AM Last edited by kaneonapua : 16th Jan 2007 at 12:20 AM.
Default Ginger Hair
Some links to stock photos of people with ginger hair:

young man with ginger hair

young teen with ginger hair

a woman with a high fashion mullet (???)

children with ginger hair

This is mostly for my reference.

The attached photo is a BBC photo of Charles Kennedy, a UK Liberal Dem polititian.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#58 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 6:30 PM
I am glad to gave me this link Kaneonapua. :] This projects sounds really great and it makes me smile to see so much effort devoted to make redheads look more natural and convincing.

I'm a redhead myself and both of my brothers have red hair too, we three have different shades and type of hair: my older brother has somewhat bright carrot red straight hair, my hair is darker and not straight nor wavy (depends on the day) and my twin brother has the darkest red of us three, very deep red and very curly hair too.

I'll see if i can get some pictures to add to the references. And i'll most certainly join in to help making content for the project.

Art, the most sublime mission of mankind for it is the exercice of the mind that seeks to understand and to make understand.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 1:26 PM Last edited by kaneonapua : 22nd Jan 2007 at 1:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lilie
I am glad to gave me this link Kaneonapua. :] This projects sounds really great and it makes me smile to see so much effort devoted to make redheads look more natural and convincing.

I'm a redhead myself and both of my brothers have red hair too, we three have different shades and type of hair: my older brother has somewhat bright carrot red straight hair, my hair is darker and not straight nor wavy (depends on the day) and my twin brother has the darkest red of us three, very deep red and very curly hair too.

I'll see if i can get some pictures to add to the references. And i'll most certainly join in to help making content for the project.

I can't wait to see what you come up with. It is amazing how much variation there is among redheads. Redheads have their own red pigment, phomelanin, plus eumelanin, the pigment that the rest of us have. With that double dose of pigment, there is an amazing wealth of shades to work with in the natural reds.

Test Subject
#60 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 2:27 AM
This project is a lifesaver. I've been playing a family with naturally occurring redheads and the lack of nice reds is really annoying. Last time I checked, most redheads weren't a shade of #ff0000 OK, so maybe when I tried to go red that's what happened, but my Sims shouldn't have to suffer that

I've done some red recolours myself for personal use - mostly of Peggy's meshes. She has some really fluffy, silly ones that look so cute on little girls. I'll see if I can get permission to post those. Some might be pay meshes though :/

I'll have a go at some good (and more practical!) free meshes in the meantime.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pikelet
This project is a lifesaver. I've been playing a family with naturally occurring redheads and the lack of nice reds is really annoying. Last time I checked, most redheads weren't a shade of #ff0000 OK, so maybe when I tried to go red that's what happened, but my Sims shouldn't have to suffer that

I've done some red recolours myself for personal use - mostly of Peggy's meshes. She has some really fluffy, silly ones that look so cute on little girls. I'll see if I can get permission to post those. Some might be pay meshes though :/

I'll have a go at some good (and more practical!) free meshes in the meantime.

Good old #FF0000, you either love it or you don't. I had a brief #FF0000 hair phase myself. My old school father made me lose that real quick. I have since destroyed all evidence that it ever happened.

We also have some Peggy Sims recolors by by Lucinda3. They don't sound like what you have in mind though. Many of them are pay meshes also. I don't think pay meshes are a problem if you have permission. It helps to identify the meshes and say if they are pay or free. It is a little more casual there in the Alkaloid Labs Guest Uploads if you'd like to start there.

Just post what you are working on here so someone else doesn't pick it also. I will be doing some Sims Artist Union MyoSaek male meshes next.

Test Subject
#62 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 10:04 PM
If you have Corel Paint Shop Pro you can match a tone with the real thing. I would help you butttttt.......... MY PC cant handle doing all that caching
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 3:33 AM
Tagging in. I'm doing some simple recolors and remeshing of Maxis Western shirts onto Warlokk Mom shirt meshes, using Bella magazine's idea of what colors flatter "autumn"s. (Only slightly hampered by the fact that I can't refind the $#%?!ing web page I got them from-- I saved the jpgs, but not the URL. Oh, well.)
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by szielins
Tagging in. I'm doing some simple recolors and remeshing of Maxis Western shirts onto Warlokk Mom shirt meshes, using Bella magazine's idea of what colors flatter "autumn"s. (Only slightly hampered by the fact that I can't refind the $#%?!ing web page I got them from-- I saved the jpgs, but not the URL. Oh, well.)

Looking forward to that. I love to see more clothing for autumns.

Test Subject
#65 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 10:19 PM Last edited by Kratos387 : 11th Feb 2007 at 10:31 PM.
Great project people, I hate the cheesy in game Red hair. I've wanted to do a lot of Redheads, but was hindered by this.

I've been wanting to make a Laura Prepon sim for quite some time, but I need a Copper Red, simple low ponytail to do it; but everything I've found was either too simple or way too styled. I'd like something kinda like the Chignon, but a ponytail instead of a wrap thing. Can anyone put such a thing a bit higher on their to do list, or at least point me toward such a thing, please?

Grab the hate and drown it out.
Grab the beat and drum it out.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 2:38 PM Last edited by kaneonapua : 13th Feb 2007 at 2:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kratos387
Great project people, I hate the cheesy in game Red hair. I've wanted to do a lot of Redheads, but was hindered by this.

I've been wanting to make a Laura Prepon sim for quite some time, but I need a Copper Red, simple low ponytail to do it; but everything I've found was either too simple or way too styled. I'd like something kinda like the Chignon, but a ponytail instead of a wrap thing. Can anyone put such a thing a bit higher on their to do list, or at least point me toward such a thing, please?

Have you found an actual hair that is what you'd like? If there is something like that already out there, I would consider recoloring it.

Test Subject
#67 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaneonapua
Have you found an actual hair that is what you'd like? If there is something like that already out there, I would consider recoloring it.

Yeah, simscorner made a pretty bare bones mesh, just the regular ponytail with bangs and a scrunchy; but it's the closest to what I'm looking for.

Here it is.

It's only availiable in blonde here, but her web page has it in Maxis Red, if you need that.

Her web page.

P.S. I'd apretiate it if you could recolour the scrunchy to something much less viberant.

Grab the hate and drown it out.
Grab the beat and drum it out.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kratos387
Yeah, simscorner made a pretty bare bones mesh, just the regular ponytail with bangs and a scrunchy; but it's the closest to what I'm looking for.

Here it is.

It's only availiable in blonde here, but her web page has it in Maxis Red, if you need that.

Her web page.

P.S. I'd apretiate it if you could recolour the scrunchy to something much less viberant.

Check out this out here at Insim. I tinkered with them during the big Valentine's Day snowstorm on the east coast of the US.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 11:42 PM
Bump for list update! Sorry - I got tied up at work. *flails*

I'll be back on track with a new freckled skintone shortly. :D
Test Subject
#70 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 11:40 PM
Default Another redhead
Hi. Can't resist adding my photo. I'm 51.(taken last summer) My hair changes color depending on the sun I get-this is in Hawaii (my original home) but in Canada it goes dark every winter so I have streaks put in (gasp.) Red hair is impossible to paint because light alters the color. I have red, brown, blond and white hairs now (luckily they blend in with the streaks at my wonderful age). I started with hair that glowed like a copper penny, especially growing up under the blazing Hawaiian sun.
Test Subject
#71 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 5:34 AM
This is brilliant! Every time I see a new hair that I want in my game, I get to the red tone and it's just.... x.0 Euergh. I'm a natural redhead. ^.^ This kind of project's been a looong time coming.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 6:04 AM
What beautiful colors! Thanks, ! I appreciate all your hard work.....

Where ever you go, there you are!
Test Subject
#73 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 10:56 AM
Not only am I a redhead, my little brother is too. It's nice to have sims I can show him when he comes over that actually look like him.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#74 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 7:32 PM
You guys are doing such a great job on the redheads. I am putting them in my game as they become available. :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#75 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 1:25 PM
Page 3 of 5