Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5351 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
In a neighborhood's save folder (\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N004\Thumbnails), there's a package file that contains every family portrait in the hood.

I wonder what would happen if I tried to replace an image.

Given that these images can and will change if your sims change, I do not know.
They update as you update your family so...
Maybe replacing one would make the package read only and screw up your loading screen image.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#5352 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Given that these images can and will change if your sims change, I do not know.
They update as you update your family so...
Maybe replacing one would make the package read only and screw up your loading screen image.

Ugh, I forgot that glitch existed. Thank goodness for that exe fix (which I recommend using since this issue can cause crashing).
Mad Poster
#5353 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 10:49 PM
I have no clue about the glitch you are referring to, but i was talking about the family picture you see when you load your family. If you start with a couple..you'll see that couple. If later on, they have a child..well the family picture will change to update, and now you'll have a child in the pic, along with that couple.

Mad Poster
#5354 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 11:59 PM
I think Dorsal Axe is referring to AL constantly refreshing the Sim portrait. Never seen it crash, but it does frequently turn the thumbnails in SimPE into potatoes. Since the code is embedded into the game executable itself, Dizzy made a patch for it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#5355 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 2:49 AM
I discovered that the Servo can become a Plantsim with the Pollen Cloud Prank and Prince Baeburn pulled that prank of their Servo changing him into a Plantsim. Prince Baeburn is a sim that I made.

Prince Avalanche
Scholar
#5356 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 3:31 AM
If you get a sim to choose the WooHoo option while their lover is changing into another outfit, it’ll trigger an error once they go in since the other person is already out.
Mad Poster
#5357 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 4:15 AM
Snuggling a kitten increases the Comfort motive!

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5358 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 12:27 PM Last edited by FranH : 14th Mar 2018 at 11:03 AM.
Of course it does! Everyone knows that in real life, kitties are the ultimate 'comfort animal'...

Edit: I'm sorry that I didn't mention that snuggling puppies is also quite comforting...for all those dog lovers out there. I've had both in my RL, so there's no excuse to favor one over the other.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#5359 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 12:56 PM
I had no idea a helicopter would come for car pool. Quite a surprise!
Mad Poster
#5360 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I had no idea a helicopter would come for car pool. Quite a surprise!

Yeah. It is cute the first 6 times...then you'll wish you had this :
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=566626

Field Researcher
#5361 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 5:49 AM Last edited by zeroboys008 : 14th Mar 2018 at 6:08 AM.
OK I know I'm probably very, very late but I just saw two teens make out in the hot tub for the first time and I was clutching my pearls. It's even more sensual than adults making out, I was kind of shocked! One of them was even visibly breathing heavily after they finished?? This game, seriously!

ETA: Also I discovered how much I love the "Fast" Mix on the DJ Booth. Yes, I regularly dance along to the music *ahem*
Mad Poster
#5362 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 11:08 AM
After thinking about the post above mine, I discovered much to my surprise - I don't think I've ever had teens IN a hot tub much less making out in one. I'll have to try that out!
Field Researcher
#5363 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zeroboys008
OK I know I'm probably very, very late but I just saw two teens make out in the hot tub for the first time and I was clutching my pearls. It's even more sensual than adults making out, I was kind of shocked! One of them was even visibly breathing heavily after they finished?? This game, seriously!

ETA: Also I discovered how much I love the "Fast" Mix on the DJ Booth. Yes, I regularly dance along to the music *ahem*

I KNOW, RIGHT? I mean, it might be their hormones, but sometimes I just have to turn around and command someone else because I feel like a peeping Tom. It is both adorable and uncomfortable.

Also, as of the Fast Mix, I discovered the exact same thing today.

Oh, and another very important thing: ROOMMATES SUCK!!! I tried to play one even with Control Pets True and I just, got as bored as an Amish kid in a matter of... half an hour? I do not know, it felt like weeks. Never again. Take my advice.
Forum Resident
#5364 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 8:19 AM
I discovered that the Body Shop demo contains beta shaders for the entire game, so it might now be possible to replicate how the game looked during development.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...ewpost&t=608894
Lab Assistant
#5365 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 10:48 AM

I started an asylum challenge and the sim living on the lot apparently stole one of the gnomes back. I noticed the others are gone as well. So apparently neighbors can steal gnomes, along with newspapers and kick over trash cans?
Mad Poster
#5366 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 11:10 AM
Oh, lord, yes! That's their most favorite hobby in all the world. If they're not kicking gnomes, they're stealing them and then retrieving them back from others.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#5367 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 12:44 PM
Or objects cloned from gnomes. I once installed a lot with some custom CC and was amused to see Goopy uprooting a tree larger than him.

Mad Poster
#5368 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 12:57 PM
Sims can roll the want to throw a "family reunion" party.
Scholar
#5369 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 3:40 PM
The video that shows up on the computer screen can go flashing blue?
Mad Poster
#5370 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 8:25 PM
Have you tried rebooting? Serious here - when the screen starts flashing turning the computer off and back on always fixes it for me, even when it's being sticky.

Mad Poster
#5371 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 8:33 PM
My Sims always come back with more gnomes in their inventory than they had in the first place
Instructor
#5372 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Yeah. It is cute the first 6 times...then you'll wish you had this :
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=566626

I've been liking helicopters since the first day I bought the game. The Sim's expression when they are near one is priceless.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
#5373 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 12:06 AM
Ahah! I give you that!

Mad Poster
#5374 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah
Oh, and another very important thing: ROOMMATES SUCK!!! I tried to play one even with Control Pets True and I just, got as bored as an Amish kid in a matter of... half an hour? I do not know, it felt like weeks. Never again. Take my advice.

My game begs to differ with you. Roomies are fantastic! Especially if you make use of Squinge's multiple roommates mod. The Flex household with three roomies was one of the most fun I've had in my game, it was fantastic watching the four of them fight over the bathroom in the mornings. One roomie would go make breakfast, one would use the bathroom and the third brush his teeth, and somehow all manage to get their stuff done despite there only being one cramped bathroom. Everything about it felt just like a small apartment with four bachelors just out of college should feel. When Max was at work, I could watch the others entertain themselves because there was always someone there, and when I felt like it I could give them a helping hand and make them throw a party for their friends and see what happened.

Roomie can be glitchy, having them does tend to end up requiring trouble shooting and fixing, but it's so so worth it! Just like any game feature you just need to use it in ways that are entertaining and fun. If they aren't for you then they aren't, but please people who have not tried, don't take that advice and at least try it

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#5375 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 1:27 AM
Shift-clicking on the Lot Sync Timer with debug mode on gives options to not only uninstall the token, but to skip the day and adjust a Sim's age by a single day (either forwards or backwards). It even works with pets.

Page 215 of 445