Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Delphy's Download Organiser - v1.2.6365 updated 6th June 2017

by Tashiketh Posted 11th Apr 2007 at 3:54 PM - Updated 25th Jul 2020 at 4:57 PM by Tashiketh : Updated bbcode for headers

1661 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1565 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 67
Forum Resident
#51 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 5:51 PM
Very nice Delphy! Much needed,, especially by all of us with EDD. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 5:53 PM
Thanks Delphy!

NEW! LESS SUCKS SIGNATURE!

COLOR TAGS ACTUALLY REMOVED!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#53 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 5:56 PM
I have my downloads mostly organised in folders and subs but there are many packages I cannot identify. They lay in MISC folder.
Hope it will help me to categorize'em correctly

You are programm genius!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 5:56 PM
A Huge THANK YOU DELPHY!!!!! Fantastic, exactly what a downloader like me needs!
Test Subject
#55 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 5:59 PM
Best feature for me - orphan scanning. I need that more than anything ever.

Thank you so much for this, it's nothing short of genius.
Test Subject
#56 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by madamejeanie
Thanks for this. I'm looking forward to trying it, but I can't seem to download it. I keep getting the following error message:

(deleted message)

Okay, guess the server was just super busy. I got it now. Thanks!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#57 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Santa
Okay, I'm still verrry much in the learning process, but does this work with S2PCI? I've just installed that so that my downloading works better, but this sounds like a great way to organize things....especially after reading the comments. Anyway, thanks Delphi, sorry for being such a dunce!

The DDO and S2PCI are 2 separate programs. They don't co-mingle with each other. I haven't tried running them at the same time, but I'm sure they'll still work in harmony. At this point, I'd only use S2PCI to install lots and repack .sims2pack files.

DDO
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:06 PM
WOW! WOW! WOW! I love this! Thanks a lot!

<------------------- www.WALEON.net ------------------->
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#59 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleRedPaint
WOW....Yes, I'm a download freek! LOL

QUESTION? After it finds a orphan file or hack...Does it automatically delete these files...or do we decide what we delete/keep?? I love some of my hacks and don't want to loose them!

The DDO only detects the files. It will not auto-delete them for you.

Regarding hacks, it will not detect compatibility with the EP you have installed. Use SimWardrobe's Hack Scanner Detection Utility for that.

DDO
Test Subject
#60 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:12 PM
Ty wonderful work
Test Subject
#61 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:14 PM
Although it's been said already, you are god, at least for those of us who are addicted to downloading. Many many thanks for this invaluable tool!
Field Researcher
#62 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:16 PM
I read through everything in the notes above (I swear) and I don't see the answer. Can you rename files with this? I would love to be able to do that. I do realize that's super anal but I have 20 gigs of downloads and trying to organize it is insane. Thanks for the tool either way, it should help. :*)

~JJ~
Looking for a forum to host your creations? Let's talk. PM me or email me from my site below.

Check out Lucentsims :*) And our forums.
Forum Resident
#63 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:18 PM
Brilliant! You are my HERO! Thanks for sharing.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#64 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucentgem
I read through everything in the notes above (I swear) and I don't see the answer. Can you rename files with this? I would love to be able to do that. I do realize that's super anal but I have 20 gigs of downloads and trying to organize it is insane. Thanks for the tool either way, it should help. :*)

When you right-click on the file, there is no menu option to rename. Delphy will have to say if he can add it in future release.

DDO
Test Subject
#65 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:19 PM
If it's not too much to ask, would you mind making a .zip version of this download? I don't have WinRAR and am not willing to buy it just so I can download this.

Great program though! Thanks!

---lydia the awesome---
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:20 PM
Gorgeous, a big "thank you" to Delphy from me and !my hd
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:23 PM
Can someone say how long it scans the package files? Does it scan as long as the S2PCI ?
[I have 17000 downloads[5 GB's]

some call it art, i call it bull****.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#68 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiuMiu1993
Can someone say how long it scans the package files? Does it scan as long as the S2PCI ?
[I have 17000 downloads[5 GB's]

Personally, I would just try. There are no benchmarks as of yet. I have about 1 GB and it takes me a couple minutes. The initial scan will take the longest (as well as the re-scan), but any incremental scan after that (if you've added new files) won't take nearly as long.

My time: 2:58 minutes with 5569 files (33 avg fps - files per second).

DDO
Test Subject
#69 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:25 PM
This looks utterly FANTASTIC! I cannot wait to run that orphan search. This ties with Q-Xpress Installer for the Most Useful Download award.
Test Subject
#70 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:29 PM
Im confused how to unzip a .rar ? :S
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:30 PM
OK...I don't want to sound...well, technically CHALLENGED, but I've got to ask....

What are these ORPHAN things you are talking about here?? I scanned for them and it told me I had like 343 of them (YIKESS...don't know what they are, but that number scares me!)....yet, I can't tell what is and what isn't one and if they are good or bad or what. I see something that says recolors, etc..but how do I distinguish if I have the mesh or not and what are recolors, etc??

Neat program! Totally need this orgnization! And it scanned like 5000 files in 3 mins!

ETA...yes, I do see where it tells you what TYPE they are (recolor, etc...but how do I know if I have the mesh or not?? I mean, I do have some things that blink in the game and I want to get them out!)

--Carrie
Sims 2 Mac Super Collection
Sims 3/WA/HELS/Ambitions/LN/Gen/Pets and doing it ALL on a MacBook Pro now..Hmmm...
Scholar
#72 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:32 PM
Waow !!! This is simply excellent Delphy !!! I'm eager to test this tool, it seems to be the ultimate tool for organizing the Downloads folder ! With a function of "orphan scanning" ? This will be particulary useful because I deleted some objets in the game (and after I saw that the meshes were deleted but not there recolors ).

Thank you a lot, this DDO will save my hard disk. And of course you deserve to be featured ! WELL DONE !

And this possibility of "Deletion of files (is) accomplished via 58kW light amplication through ionised emmition of large boom sounds.** " is fantastic ! I love the ** Ion Cannon sold seperately. Lol !!!

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#73 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xalonexinxdecemberx
If it's not too much to ask, would you mind making a .zip version of this download? I don't have WinRAR and am not willing to buy it just so I can download this.

Great program though! Thanks!

Read this article written by Simsample. It is a list of useful tools, including FREE utilities that can unzip rar files.

http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=221611

DDO
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:34 PM Last edited by gbreez : 11th Apr 2007 at 6:52 PM. Reason: Just a little addition
You are a genius and this is a virtual miracle!!!! Many, many thanks to you. As a hard-core down-loader with a painfully large number of downloads to root through when looking for something, I cannot express to you the extent of my appreciation. Bless you.

Oh, and I love that it makes my lunch for me.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#75 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:39 PM Last edited by daysies : 11th Apr 2007 at 6:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by carrie640
ETA...yes, I do see where it tells you what TYPE they are (recolor, etc...but how do I know if I have the mesh or not?? I mean, I do have some things that blink in the game and I want to get them out!)

Orphan files are typically recolors of meshes and the mesh is no where to be found in your Downloads folder. The title and description columns should give you a clue as to who made it.

There is also a file called DBPFinfo.exe in the DDO.rar file. Launch that file and then browse to the orphan file in question. Look for xmlModelName or Title and it might give you a better hint as to what mesh you're missing. The GUID is also provided, however, there is probably no way you can find out the exact site that it's located. Some creators repost their items on many sites (to gain more visibility) and some creators post certain items on certain sites. It just depends on which one you go to.

DDO
Page 3 of 67