Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 6:31 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 16th Jan 2012 at 8:48 PM.
Default "I Have A Dream" - In Honor of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Happy Martin Luther King Day!

I was so excited when I got up this morning and not just because it is a day off for many of us in the U.S.A., but because Google had a fitting tribute to Martin Luther King, Jr.

Do you admire him? What do you think was his most important message?

A true non-violent activist, there are so many good things he said that I'm glad there's a day to honor him. I thought it would be fitting to share some quotes by King.

I'll start:

"It is cruel to say to a bootless man that he should lift himself up by his own bootstraps. It is even worse to tell a man to lift himself by his own bootstraps when somebody is standing on the boot."

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 7:23 PM
You want quotes?

We must move on to that mountain which says in substance, "What doth it profit a man to gain the whole world of means -- airplanes, televisions, electric lights -- and lose the end: the soul?"

I am not interested in power for power's sake, but I'm interested in power that is moral, that is right and that is good.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 9:21 PM
Great idea for a thread, VdT.

"True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar. It comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring."

"The time is always right to do what’s right."

I choose these last quotes, thinking of Iraq and Afghanistan and the drums beating now for war with Iran.
'This business of burning human beings with napalm, of filling our nation's homes with orphans and widows, of injecting poisonous drugs of hate into veins of peoples normally humane, of sending men home from dark and bloody battlefields physically handicapped and psychologically deranged, cannot be reconciled with wisdom, justice and love.'
'We can no longer afford to worship the god of hate or bow before the altar of retaliation. The oceans of history are made turbulent by the ever-rising tides of hate. And history is cluttered with the wreckage of nations and individuals that pursued this self-defeating path of hate.'
- from Beyond Vietnam
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 9:50 PM
You made me go and check Google - it doesn't seem to be on Google.uk. What a shame.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 10:39 PM
Here Maxon, just for you: Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes U.S. Google Search

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 2:02 AM
MLK was brilliant, and so was making a post to honor him.

"A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus."

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 6:33 AM
It's Martin Luther King Day again! I like that there's at least one day to remember his work. Here's another quote to celebrate the day:

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. "

Instructor
#8 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 9:11 PM
I liked these ones, but there were many that I liked.

“Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase.”

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”