Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2017 at 2:19 AM
Default buying and installing pre-owned Sims 4 EPs GPs SPs
Question: Will a pre-owned (bought used) Sims 4 EP/GP/SP install and run on my machine even though the previous owner registered them? I don't want to waste my money if they won't install or run. I've search for days, on the net for an answer to this question but there is none. I hope someone can help end this mad pursuit for an answer.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd May 2017 at 11:01 PM
For the Sims 4, I'm 99% sure if the game is already registered to another account, you can't use/install it on a different account or even without an account; the game seems to require that you connect to the internet/origin at least once to "verify" the content even if you install from the DVD.

I play on a laptop without internet connection a lot, and in my personal experience, the game wouldn't even activate GP content I purchased and installed new until I started the game while connected to the internet and logged into origin...despite the content being installed. Even simply being logged into Origin and the game being updated didn't do it...I had to start the game while connected to the internet for the content to be accessible. This was one of the early packs, I think.

I'd say used Sims 4 content is a no-go.

Edit: The content IS accessible offline, but I always have to log in at least once after adding new paid content to activate it, regardless of the install method.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th May 2017 at 2:04 AM
When it was registered it was registered with the key code that's on the booklet in case.. It can only be registered once with that key code.. You might can contact EA live chat and get another key code.but, I'm not 100% sure they will give you one. Without a new key code it is useless and you'll waste your money.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th May 2017 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stardust74
When it was registered it was registered with the key code that's on the booklet in case.. It can only be registered once with that key code.. You might can contact EA live chat and get another key code.but, I'm not 100% sure they will give you one. Without a new key code it is useless and you'll waste your money.

Thank you both for answering this. I almost bought EPs off offerup. Glad I didn't and came here first.

Invara
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th May 2017 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frayedflight
For the Sims 4, I'm 99% sure if the game is already registered to another account, you can't use/install it on a different account or even without an account; the game seems to require that you connect to the internet/origin at least once to "verify" the content even if you install from the DVD.

I play on a laptop without internet connection a lot, and in my personal experience, the game wouldn't even activate GP content I purchased and installed new until I started the game while connected to the internet and logged into origin...despite the content being installed. Even simply being logged into Origin and the game being updated didn't do it...I had to start the game while connected to the internet for the content to be accessible. This was one of the early packs, I think.

I'd say used Sims 4 content is a no-go.

Edit: The content IS accessible offline, but I always have to log in at least once after adding new paid content to activate it, regardless of the install method.

Thanks for answering this. Greatly appreciate the help.
Invara