Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pointed ears as CAS sliders

by CmarNYC Posted 14th Oct 2009 at 5:36 PM - Updated 21st Jun 2012 at 9:35 PM by CmarNYC : updated information

278 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 223 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 12
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#201 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 9:59 PM
Thaaaaaaaaaank you! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#202 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 2:23 AM
Favorite Thing Ever!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#203 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 5:23 PM
I can't tell you how much I love this slider!! It's exactly what I needed for my elves!!! Thanks!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#204 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 8:52 AM
these dont work, my sims 3 is stuck on loading screen
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#205 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by redranger09
these dont work, my sims 3 is stuck on loading screen

Try removing all your mods and adding them back in one by one or in batches. Most likely it's another mod that's causing this.
Lab Assistant
#206 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 7:35 AM
I love your ears but they are not quite working correctly for me. I am missing two of the sliders and cannot use the most current version of master controller. I also don't want to use a core mod. Are there any other ways to open up for all the ear sliders?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#207 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 8:46 AM
Sorry, but MasterController or a core mod are the only ways to increase the number of sliders CAS can use.

aWT makes a very basic slider hack core mod for number of sliders and slider range: http://awtmk.blogspot.com/2010/07/slider-hack.html

XCAS-basics is a core mod that makes a limited number of changes to the game including number of sliders and optional slider range: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=434270
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#208 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 1:24 AM Last edited by catrlgirl : 10th Nov 2011 at 2:06 AM. Reason: Still not working.
I have the newest version of master controller. How can i use it to increase the number of sliders so the ears work properly. It took a while but I got things reconfigured ot get the updated versions of master controller and wooho-er. Or do I need the MC integrator as well? I even went as far as to download the aWT Slider hack and the ears still did not work. I guess these just are not for me.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#209 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 4:03 AM
I believe you can use the MC "Edit in CAS" function to get the extra sliders, or use Integration to replace CAS completely and get the extra sliders.

If you were using aWT's hack and the sliders didn't work, something else must be wrong.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#210 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 4:52 AM
I am using both. And neither work. If you tell me how I can upload screenshots of my mods folder and of the sliders. I am basically missing the scroll bar ad only have the Ear points slider none of the other nice ones you put all that work into making.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#211 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 2:43 PM
You can post screenshots by pressing the "Print Screen" button, then open Paint or any other graphics program and paste the screen image into it. Save, do a reply and click the "Go Advanced" button, upload the image. (This is on Windows - if you're on Mac there should be something that does the same thing as the Print Screen button.)

Why the other ear sliders would not show up at all I don't know unless you somehow don't have those packages in your game or they got corrupted. If you don't have a mod increasing the number of sliders or it's not working, normally the sliders would show in CAS but either not work or some other sliders (usually the jaw depth) would stop working. Maybe you should try re-downloading and installing the ear sliders.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#212 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 8:17 PM
I'm assuming these work with the Pets update?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#213 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 9:53 PM
Awesome
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#214 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 2:25 AM
Is this updated for Pets?

I'm having problems and I'm ruling mods out.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#215 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tribbs
Is this updated for Pets?

I'm having problems and I'm ruling mods out.

It doesn't need to be updated. If you think there's a problem please describe what's going wrong.
Lab Assistant
#216 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 5:43 AM
Still work with pets?
Instructor
#217 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 11:04 PM
It works find with the Pets EP for me.

Melissa
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#218 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 9:59 PM
This is awesome! Now we can have a proper Elf/Vulcan/Alien with pointed ears and not the stupid big ears that EA stuck us with.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#219 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 9:11 AM
i love this excellent work you win at elf sim ears
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#220 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 2:35 PM
Thankyou so much! I love pointed Ears
Test Subject
#221 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 1:59 PM
Thank you Cmar !!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#222 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 7:23 PM
When I first saw these, I started scheming to create a fantasy world populated with metallic-skinned elf sims. And now I'm actually doing it. So much fun. Awesome that these sliders still work just fine.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#223 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:58 PM
Sweat just what I needed for Lunar Lakes! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#224 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 7:00 PM
I feel like the biggest nerd on the planet, but THANK YOU. :] I was skeptical at first about whether they'd look alright in game but you did a fantastic job.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#225 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 7:25 PM
They dont go whith the new update so dont update until ears & skincoulor is i miss them already
Page 9 of 12