Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2011 at 8:53 AM
Default Baby born without a title?
Question, just wondering if it's happened to anyone else. My monarch got his new wife, the Princess of Effemont, pregnant during a quest that i was doing (FIY said quest had nothing to do with babies or woohooing), although she was being a tad difficult so i made her active during the pregnancy so she'd stop slapping the servants around, lovely woman, really

Anyway! Everything went well, but when their son was born he was simply born as himself, meaning he had a first & last name but no title. Given that his father's a King and his mother's a Princess, shouldn't he be a Prince? This is the first time i had this happen with a infant, be it hero born or NPC born, it's always inherited a title. I'm a little confuzzled, anyone wanna shed some light for me?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th May 2011 at 9:47 PM
Love and marriage,
Love and marriage
Go together
Like a horse and carriage
This I tell you brother
You can't have one without the other
Love and marriage, love and marriage
It's an institute you can't disparage
Ask the local gentry
And they will say it's elementary

Try, try, try to separate them
It's an illusion
Try, try, try, and you will only come
To this conclusion

Love and marriage, love and marriage
Go together like a horse and carriage
Dad was told by mother
You can't have one without the other
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th May 2011 at 12:05 AM
Yeah thanks for that amazing insight from Married with Children, not all that useful though.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th May 2011 at 1:10 AM
I think it's a bug, but it may be dependent on whether the hero is married to another hero or married to an NPC. I think if you have two heroes you get a title like Lil' Something-rather, and if you have a hero and NPC you get a name. At least that's how it worked in my game.

My Blacksmith married a Goodwoman, got named kids.
My King married the Elf Princess, got named kids.
My Jacobean Priest married a Consort, got named kids.
My Doctor married a Doctor, got Lil' Bloodletter kids.
My Spy woohooed a Spy, got Lil' Spymistress kids.

Still think it's a bug, probably want to test it, but that's the parameters it's following. It's a useful glitch if you want adult kids without the nametag. I don't know what happens with mixed heroes. I do know you can make the princess a queen after the births and keep the real names. Maybe if you remove any hero's profession you might be able to replicate it? Don't know.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 29th May 2011 at 6:36 AM
In my game if both parents are heros the child seems to get the profession of the father but if only one parent is a hero the child gets that profession, so the OP's kid should have been a prince.

When two heros have children I've had:

Queen married wizard and they got lil' wizards.
Female blacksmith woohooed with knight and got lil' swordsmen.
Female spy woohooed with doctor and got lil' bloodletters.

When only one parent was a hero I got:

Female bard married her assistant and had lil' troubedors.
Doctor got lil' bloodletters with goodwoman Vanessa.
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th May 2011 at 4:02 PM
It must be something with the Effenmont princess (whether bug or by design, I don't know). I've had four different monarchs so far. Three out of four married NPCs of some variety (squire, flowerseller, goodwoman) and all their kids were Prince or Princess. The one King who married the elf Princess had a son with no title - just a name.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th May 2011 at 5:42 AM
I think Anadandy is right, i had my Emperor have two more children with the Princess of Effenmont and both were also born without a title, while in the same game my other Heroes had children with titles. Huh, odd, because the titles seem to work fine when the monarch marries the Prince of Effenmont so it must be a glitch tied into the single female NPC.

Also , i've found that the children don't always inherit the father's title. In the same game my three title-less princes were born in, i had my female Wizard and male Doctor marry and the child they had got the title of Lil' Sorcerer

Anyway, thanks for the input guys
Field Researcher
#8 Old 31st May 2011 at 12:37 AM
I've had the same thing happen in my game with the children of the monarch and his legal spouse being title-less. However, when I first began playing TSM, my monarch and bard became an "item" and had a child. The child has the title "Prince." After that, none of the monarch's children, legitimate or illegitimate, had titles. So, I'm thinking there can only be one heir who holds the royal title, and that one heir is the very first child the monach begets regardless of his/her legitimacy; any subsequent children have no title.

I have even played the Heir to the Throne quest and my "heir" had no title. His half-brother is still roaming the kingdom and holds the title. I'm not certain what would have happened with the monarch and Princess of Effenmont having children. She had an unfortunate "accident" before there were any offspring produced.
Test Subject
#9 Old 31st May 2011 at 6:19 PM
I have a Queen who has three kids, all Princes and Princesses so I don't think there is a limit. But who knows, maybe that's just because she married the squire, or had brown hair, or whatever - the permutations with fertility and kids in TSM are seemingly so random

Quote:
She had an unfortunate "accident" before there were any offspring produced.

So sad when that happens
Field Researcher
#10 Old 31st May 2011 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anadandy
... the permutations with fertility and kids in TSM are seemingly so random

I have to agree with you there, anadandy! Just when you think you've figured out how TSM works, WHAM! ... something totally unexpected happens!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 1:57 PM
Just a random though about the princess from Effermont, what if the reason that her child didn't get the title was cause it was not yet desided if the kid was going to be a of your own kingdom or Effermont? (As i said, random...)

腐女子 です~
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 5:39 PM
I have to admit, I'm seriously annoyed about this. Everything I've read suggests that the child wil be born with the title of the father, if it's between Hero/Hero. Alas, the pairing of King Belgarion and Merchant Ce'Nedra was Lil' Trader Geran, instead of Prince Geran, and I think I've screwed up that neighbourhood by trying to fix that.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
I have to admit, I'm seriously annoyed about this. Everything I've read suggests that the child wil be born with the title of the father, if it's between Hero/Hero. Alas, the pairing of King Belgarion and Merchant Ce'Nedra was Lil' Trader Geran, instead of Prince Geran, and I think I've screwed up that neighbourhood by trying to fix that.

I've found that's actually faulty, because from my own game play there are many times that the children of two heroes have inherited their mother's title opposed to their father's. If your monarch had a child that inherited the wrong title, i'd suggest trying to get them to have another baby. I know with one of my monarch's their first son was a lil spy-master whereas their second child was a princess, although the son was available for the succession of the throne when the monarch died, title be damed.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlindingEchoes
I've found that's actually faulty, because from my own game play there are many times that the children of two heroes have inherited their mother's title opposed to their father's.

Perhaps it depends on who is the active sim at the time of conception or birth?
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlindingEchoes
I've found that's actually faulty, because from my own game play there are many times that the children of two heroes have inherited their mother's title opposed to their father's. If your monarch had a child that inherited the wrong title, i'd suggest trying to get them to have another baby. I know with one of my monarch's their first son was a lil spy-master whereas their second child was a princess, although the son was available for the succession of the throne when the monarch died, title be damed.

Yeah, but it kind of ruins the story, as Belgarion, Ce'Nedra, and their son Prince Geran are actual characters from one of my favourite book series.

Quote: Originally posted by Simbalena
Perhaps it depends on who is the active sim at the time of conception or birth?

Both were active at the time of conception and birth. They were married, and I was playing the pair of them using Freetime With Responsibilities.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
[...] Both were active at the time of conception and birth. They were married, and I was playing the pair of them using Freetime With Responsibilities.

Maybe what she meant by 'Active' is the one who proposes the Woohooing. But that's just a guess, I just started playing recently, the only child I've had was with my female Merchant and she was the active sim (in all the senses of the word, except when the baby was born - she got pregnant at the end of a mission); her son is a little Merchant.