Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 6:51 PM
Default Help, my advisor is stuck in the executioner's hut
The first monarch in one of my kingdoms was evil, so I had him send quite a few people to the stocks and/or the pit. One of those was the advisor, but she somehow managed to avoid being arrested until after I did the assassination quest and got a new monarch. She's been releasing the ones in the stocks, but that isn't enough. I need the advisor for the first step of the Effenmont quest, and I'm playing the Imperial Domination ambition, so I really want Effenmont.

However, at some point after I changed monarchs, the advisor got arrested to be sent to the pit, but she hasn't actually left the executioner's hut yet. I can click on her little circle (sitting in the middle of the hut, you can't actually see her), and see that I can't have her be sent to the stocks, because she's marked for death, and I can't send her to the pit because she's too important to the quest. I suspect her importance to the quest is also why she isn't being executed, but right now I can't do anything. On the other hand, I tried playing a day's worth of a quest where she wasn't necessary to the quest, and she wasn't dying there either.

So, is there a way to have my queen release her while she's in the hut? I've only been able to release people from the stocks after they've been arrested, not to cancel any pending arrest orders. If I can't do that, is there a cheat to clear the arrest list? Or a way to kill her and get a new advisor (I could run another quest to do this, if necessary)? to reset her?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:39 PM
Have you tried 'resetSim' in the cheat console?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 3:09 PM
I tried that. I wasn't sure what name to use though (title and name or just name or what). Also, when I tried it (with title and name) it claimed not to recognize the command.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 11:30 AM
You have to use first name and last name of the sim. Forget about the title. If you don't know her last name you can find this if you can use Edit in Cas when clicking on her map tag.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 1:24 AM
Ctrl+Shift+click on her map tag (little circle), then select the reset option.