Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2011 at 2:10 AM
TSM -- EP 1 in September
Quoted from another BBS:

Sims Nieuws picked up on quite the scoop in terms of upcoming Sim games for 2011. They discovered 3 future Sim titles to fill out the rest of the year thru the Dutch retailer Bart Smit:

The Sims 3 Stuff Pack #4 – July 28, 2011
The Sims Medieval EP #1 – September 1, 2011
The Sims 3 Pets (Unleashed) – October 27, 2011

http://www.simprograms.com/30236/up...l-ep1-for-2011/
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th May 2011 at 2:23 AM
Stuff pack 4 comes out on my 21st birthday!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th May 2011 at 3:45 AM
Interesting. I hope they iron out the current bugs with the game before they put that out. I wonder what it will include? (Hopefully horses)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th May 2011 at 12:16 PM
i'm excited. it seems that EA is finally listening to what we want.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Theorist
#5 Old 19th May 2011 at 4:46 PM
^ ^ Any evidence for that?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th May 2011 at 7:02 PM
May the guardian be with us...
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th May 2011 at 3:13 AM
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th May 2011 at 3:41 PM
Yayyyyyy, I can't wait. Love the game but it's just a bit too simple right now to keep my interest.
Instructor
#9 Old 21st May 2011 at 8:13 AM
I prefer EA work for another world and time rather than EP for TSM.

Like Roman, Stone Age with dinosaur, China, Maya/Aztec, Pacific/Caribbean Islanders, etc.
Scholar
#10 Old 21st May 2011 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
I prefer EA work for another world and time rather than EP for TSM.

Like Roman, Stone Age with dinosaur, China, Maya/Aztec, Pacific/Caribbean Islanders, etc.

I think a Stone Age game would be awesome - like the Flintstones but 100 times better. That's a dream game for me, lol... I like the ideas of the Islanders too

I am looking forward to this new expansion though - I have lost quite a bit of interest in the game already, but I'm sure with an expansion it'll be rekindled... Excited

...Titanium white...
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st May 2011 at 8:02 PM
The only thing that I can think of that would be in another expansion for TSM would be, another time zone and kingdom with new features and an ambition. New quests etc..
As for Pets coming out. I'm going to go run in the street and scream yippee! I get to have my kittens and puppies back, maybe other animals as well*crosses fingers*.

Smile. Your Days Are Not Numbered Yet.
Instructor
#12 Old 22nd May 2011 at 1:02 AM
You know....i would not be surprised in the least if horses were in the TSM EP. First of all, EA said in an interview that there would be no mounts FOR NOW. (Emphasis on for know) And also, with the Animals EP coming out this october, EA was exposed and are keeping their mouths shut BIG TIME here!
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 4:37 PM
What I would really like for a Sims Medieval EP is when the Monarch can conquer the neighbor territories around the original kingdom that would be awesome! Then we can play on those maps, then if we are still not satisfied conquer another one! Kings in medieval times do that right? They should totally make it a feature! Also every territory should have different clothing and items and different theme like an industrial kingdom, a stone age kingdom, a kingdom near a volcano, and oceanic kingdom or maybe even an underground kingdom. I really wish somehow they could make it real... And add more heroes! (if that's what it's really called?!) like a seamstress, a butcher or a ranger (that can use bows & arrows) then add horses and chariots or whatever they call it in medieval times... XD
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoadRageBarbie
Stuff pack 4 comes out on my 21st birthday!

And my 23rd birthday! I'm just going to have to hint around, though it's been years since my family has gotten me a present.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 12:18 AM
Plenty of stuff to do for an expansion.

Horses of course, but new proffesions such as archer (including archery skill) and farmer could be added. Variants of each building could also be included, including larger versions which could cost more points to build but could house two heroes of the same class. Different styles could be allowed here.
A new kingdom map is certainly a must, and theres a lot of possibilities for that.

-A real capital city. Paved streets with many houses could give a better impression of a wealthy kingdom. Hero buildings could be placed in between at appropriate places, and the ships could be located at the docks. Bandits could appear in alleys when security is low.

-Middle eastern city. Set in a beautifull coastal town with palmtrees, the new objects and clothes could focus on this theme as well. Tulbans, loose robes, etc. could be added.
Variants of existing classes could also be added where appropriate, the Cathapract could be an alternative for the knight and the bard could be replaced by a street artist who charms snakes, eats fire, juggles, etc.

-Northern kingdom. In a snow covered landscape, a viking kingdom could be made possible. The boat could be replaced by a longboat, long bears and several versions of braided hair with and without helmets could be added, shields could be introduced to combat, and some units could have different names and functions here as well. In addition to jacobans and peterans, there could also be a pagan religion.

-Italian state. Embracing the reinassance, late medieval clothes and armor could be focused on, as well as architecture.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dawnight_04
What I would really like for a Sims Medieval EP is when the Monarch can conquer the neighbor territories around the original kingdom that would be awesome! Then we can play on those maps, then if we are still not satisfied conquer another one! Kings in medieval times do that right? They should totally make it a feature! Also every territory should have different clothing and items and different theme like an industrial kingdom, a stone age kingdom, a kingdom near a volcano, and oceanic kingdom or maybe even an underground kingdom. I really wish somehow they could make it real... And add more heroes! (if that's what it's really called?!) like a seamstress, a butcher or a ranger (that can use bows & arrows) then add horses and chariots or whatever they call it in medieval times... XD

I would love an underground kingdom ! Anyone remember Arx Fatalis ? It was a great game, featuring an underground kingdom. It was always so...cozy
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 5:22 PM
I would be happy if the TSM expansion pack just included larger buildings for the heros and unlocked some of the unusable rooms.
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 9:39 PM
I've read the game informer article about the Sims 3 Ep, and they give you horses in that one, so there is a fairly good chance for horses in TSM.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 3:21 AM
They are trying to bankrupt me, obviously.