Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:13 AM
Default Customize Everything/Unlockable Expansions
I posted this is in the EA Forums but I wanted to see how if anyone here agrees. These are few things in Sims Medieval that I would like to see fixed or changed in the future:

In my opinion the Merchant's home is the most frustrating to re-decorate. On the upper floor two grey beams stick through the walls and of course these are unchangeable. They stick out as a major flaw in design and look bad with any wallpaper. If you want more of your loyal Sims 3 fans to come over to this new base game make everything re-colorable…like you eventually did with TS3. Personally and from a decorator’s point of view, I can’t focus on the quests if I am not one hundred percent happy with the environment. The Merchants cart is also disappointingly un-recolor able and there is a glitch where two dreary looking tarps float in the air on either side of the main cart. Besides the fact that this is a bug why are we unable to change the colors of the tents to suit any color theme or to look richer? The look of a prosperous Medieval village is more my style. The dilapidated look of the outside of the buildings and areas viewable from inside are never consistent with my ideas for decorating. I don't think everything should look new, just not falling apart or with patches and in terrible disrepair. Just give us the option to choose if we want them to live in poverty or if we want them to be a little more well-off.

When a Hero reaches level 10 we should have the option of unlocking more rooms in their home and workplace. Personally I don’t mind not being able to build walls or place windows and doors and I quite like the dollhouse view. I just want the option to expand the village buildings through level-ups or quests and to expand the castle and its separate areas as well. My royal children sleep in the room with the bath. It’s sad. The Blacksmith, the Tavern, the Clinic are all too small for the Hero’s to have even one child, and it ruins the fun of the game just having a bed shoved in some corner. Unlockable room expansions, even if they are pre-designed would go a long way towards helping this game. Of course this would probably mean allowing us to keep kingdoms across the ambitions because it’s not much fun starting all over again, just when you have everything decorated the way you want it.

When my King and his family sit down in the dining room for dinner, the most awful, unrealistic and unhistorical thing happens. Peasants in rags come and sit down and eat with them! Often stealing the last serving from the Queen or the Princess. Why are roaming NPC’s even programmed to enter the upper floors? Apart from the servant who makes the meals when called on. If I had my way the townspeople would only be allowed to enter the throne room. The narrow left and right rooms on the main floor, my library and map rooms, and the banquet hall should also only be for the royal family, the knights and spy’s, the visiting leaders and NPC’s that work for the king or queen.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 7:26 AM
Default I mostly agree
I quite agree with most of what you said. But I really hate, yes hate, the doll house views. There's always a mystery part of the houses and buildings that you can't see, or there's a beam in the way.
The game is designed by someone unfamiliar with history. Castles had a large staff, most of the positions inside were awarded by the monarch. There was also a large garrison of guards to make sure that peasants didn't free range through the castle. The only time that peasants should be in the castle is when the monarch is hearing petitions in the presence rooms.
We tend to look upon medieval buildings with an eye to the way they are now. Sort of run down, rotted, and ruinous. But in the time, these buildings were brand new. They were kept up as well as the owner could afford. Since fire was a prevalent problem many of these buildings were brand new over and over and over again. Why is everything raggedy and patched looking?
Whomever the designers of the original game were, I think they got their view of history from other RPG's.
Your ideas for additions are good ones.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 5:09 PM
I agree on this, though I don't mind the dollhouse views that much.
But it annoys me to no end that random people come in the monarch's bedroom in the middle of the night to use the mirror or sit down and read a book.
And you're right that there is not really enough space for the hero, much less any family members that they acquire.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 6:43 PM
I agree with you on all your recommendations. In addition, I think the monarch's "servant" should live in the castle. She/he is always randomly roaming around the kingdom and is rarely home so my monarch has to a lot of the cooking. I do think more things should be easily CASTable. some itemsonly show up as gray in the thumbnail and only minimal changes in color can be made. I do love the game but I'd also like to see other "kingdoms." We need additional topography.