Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 12:11 AM
Simlish Covers of Popular Songs: Has Anybody Noticed?
So, I was playing The Sims 3 and I noticed that, on the indie station, they did a Simlish cover of Savior by Rise Against, and I was surprised.

Later in my game, my sim listened to the Dark Wave station, and I heard some familiar artists (or very similar artists) like Within Temptation and System of a Down. I don't know if they were covers, though.

I also noticed a song by Ladytron on the Electronica station.

Anybody else hear their favourite artists and/or covers of your favourite songs in The Sims 3?
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 12:35 AM Last edited by ButchSims : 14th Jul 2013 at 6:50 AM.
this has been a standard practice of the Sims for many many years. Sims 2 has a bunch, and I believe Sims 1 did as well.

edit: you can listen to a lot of the simlish versions on youtube, here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 1:59 AM
Hey cool, thanks
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 11:47 AM
I love your name, Morowyn. No, I don't have favorite music in The Sims 3 because I'm not a fan of most modern pop. I did like the music in Sims 1 Makin' Magic and Unleashed and that was from real performers/groups. Speaking of your name, I also love the music from Morrowind, but it's not anything you'd ever hear on the radio, of course. I've put some of it in my Sims 2 game.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.