Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1326 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mellowyellow09
Maybe the carnival games and roller coaster thing will come back.

Oh, how I hope and pray.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1327 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 6:54 PM
Im so ecstatic over this. I've wanted a full supernatural pack, not just magic, since Sims 2 and now we are getting one with lots of creatures. I could cry.

Seriously if they do make this, it would even cure my hate of sims 3 due to Generations.
Retired
retired moderator
#1328 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 7:06 PM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 9th Mar 2012 at 7:55 PM.
What I can tell so far from viewing the effects:

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Instructor
#1329 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 7:11 PM
This reminds me that during that huge survey which was released awhile ago, there were a lot of questions regarding fantasy and different types of fantasies that I would either like or dislike in the game. Seems as if a lot of people said they liked the idea of more fantasy in the game...

So, nothing in the code about weather, huh? *sigh*

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Lab Assistant
#1330 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 7:16 PM Last edited by Mellowyellow09 : 9th Mar 2012 at 7:39 PM.
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, was the first thing I said when I read about this magic Ep.
Now I'm more interested in what it has to offer after seeing makin magic on youtube.
Theorist
#1331 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Yes, please.

I can't believe this... Are they really holding out on Seasons yet again? I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this point, but I honestly think that an EP surrounded around creatures is incredibly dumb.

I thought they were just going to keep on giving us creatures in EP's, but now they're making a whole one about them? And it includes zombies? PASS. Again. A second time passing an EP in a row.

Unfortunately, this is evidence of what EP7 will be. All hope is lost.

It will be a 3rd pass for this family a total of 6 copies so far.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#1332 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 7:53 PM
Well, I think it's great that for once we who WANT magic and supernatural themed items will not have to wait until the last expansion pack to get that experience. Thanks, EA, for listening to us for a change.
Weather I can wait for. A majority of the great things that the Seasons EP offered from Sims 2 - fishing, gardening, etc., are already in the game.
I do agree though that it seems weird that they would offer us some pieces of magic in piecemeal form in the store if they were going to a pack -- which makes me think maybe they AREN'T doing a pack at all, maybe just a minipack in the store? Time will tell.
Lab Assistant
#1333 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 8:05 PM
well me in my case i am reseving my judgement until i know more

hello everyone and have a great day
Lab Assistant
#1334 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 8:05 PM
Magic? HUGE disappointment for me.
Lab Assistant
#1335 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 8:06 PM
I can wait for weather so long as the coding is great and has the fewest bugs out of all the expansions.
Lab Assistant
#1336 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 8:23 PM
What is this sea-bed and snow stuff?
Lab Assistant
#1337 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 8:30 PM
Posted by Wolfgurl685: I can wait for weather so long as the coding is great and has the fewest bugs out of all the expansions.

^ Hah... haha... ha. Don't hold your breath for non-buggy weather. BUT, maybe I'll be proven wrong. They could get their SHT together and come up with something really awesome and creatively implemented. You never know.

They probably offered the magic stuff in the store as a bit of a tester, to see if it was popular. I'm guessing by the looks of this new information that it sold very very well. I also doubt that this would be a minipack for the store, seems like a lot of new integrated gameplay, instead of just objects or little things here and there. BUT, maybe I'll be proven wrong. They might sell each creature at 10,000 SimPoints a pop. You never know.
Retired
retired moderator
#1338 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 8:46 PM
Sea bed, rain, and snow effects have always been there. The sea bed stuff is just the seaweed from the HELS aquarium. The rain and snow are old new, been there forever. There's also files for making the ground look shiny and wet when it rains.

Forum Resident
#1339 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 8:46 PM
Looking at the code, we get witches, werewolves, and fairies? Wow, I'm surprised EA is adding three "creatures" to the expansion pack, but I can't say I can complain.

I am curious how the new world will be. I am wondering if they will try to make something similar like Magic Town or if they are going to come up with a brand new design. I know a lot of people love weather and I cannot wait for it either, but I am happy they are introducing all these creatures. I'm wondering if weather was originally meant to be ep 7, but they are having some issues with it and that is the reason why it's being pushed aside, if it is pushed aside.
Lab Assistant
#1340 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 8:52 PM
Well I'm very pleased with this!
Mmmm! I see a True Blood casting coming, especially a Joe Manganiello!
Forum Resident
#1341 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mellowyellow09
What is this sea-bed and snow stuff?

Probably another Stuff Pack with marine and snow theme.
Lab Assistant
#1342 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 8:53 PM
I pieced together EVERYTHING from these files...I went through it piece-by-piece and wrote down everything. I think the EP looks fantastic! Tons of creatures!!!!!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...93.page#7931530
Theorist
#1343 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 8:53 PM Last edited by Captain THPS4 : 9th Mar 2012 at 9:12 PM.
Eh...ever since Showtime was announced I've been losing hope that we'll ever get weather in TS3. This may be the final nail in the coffin, I think EP7 would have been seasons since so many people are begging for them. They already gave us pets, another huge fan request and they delivered. If they somehow still put weather in this game they may already be trying to build up hype for TS4, which is too late. The only things that seem appealing about the magic EP are the beekeeping and witches. If they include carnival rides and mini golf like in Makin Magic I might still buy it.
Mad Poster
#1344 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 8:58 PM
Sorry for being so late on the bandwagon, but what are you all talking about? Showtime is EP6, right? So we're getting ANOTHER EP, and it's going to have fairies, werewolves, an zombies!? REALLY!

Someone tell me this is the case--PLEASE tell me this is the case!
Retired
retired moderator
#1345 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:04 PM
New sliders! http://foro.capitalsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=163&t=28261

Lab Assistant
#1346 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:04 PM
Strawberrysims has discovered new sliders that came with the patch.. I haven't looked it up in my own game but I thought it'd be important to post here. Anyone else can confirm this?
(just click on the link, pictures of the sliders and their effects are on the first page)
Oh dear Kiwi Tea beat me to it by what.. seconds XP

Take in consideration that I'm french and I try my best to write an understandable english :)

[ booboolalaland ] [ goodieslalaland ]
Test Subject
#1347 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:12 PM
Is there anyway to find the strings in an other language? ^^
Mad Poster
#1348 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:14 PM
If that isn't confirmation, I don't know what is. :p

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#1349 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:15 PM
I hope there will be a fortune teller machine/puppet thing(Zoltar?), building shells in form of Big Top tents, and maybe some caravans, and also the outhouse. :D
Oh, and who still remember Bonehilda the maid in Makin' Magic?
Retired
retired moderator
#1350 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:16 PM
@aleahl213

I only speak English and French, but they're not there in French. Presumably translation happens much later in the piece.

Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 54 of 67