Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No (or fewer) automatic memories (with custom tool to make your own mod) Edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM - Updated 19th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

622 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 370 Feedback Posts, 251 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 14 of 25
Test Subject
#326 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@SNeakykatze82: Thanks for your kinds words. I hope it works

Works perfectly :lovestruc , I have a bad memory track so I forget to post replies more often then not. I have to go through my profile daily to see if I have written anything the day before hand lol. It really works perfectly, thank you so much it makes the game far more enjoyable now.
Inventor
Original Poster
#327 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 7:28 PM
@SNeakykatze82: I'm glad it worked
Test Subject
#328 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 11:52 PM
Does this work with the new patch? Thanks.
Inventor
Original Poster
#329 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 8:42 AM
@Qoy555: Yes, they still work with 1.33. I actually checked yesterday, but forgot to update the post with the info. Thanks for reminding me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#330 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 7:35 PM
The memories get annoying sometimes. This is very helpful. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#331 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 6:51 AM
Ugh! i hate those gosh darned memories! thanks for this, will download as soon as i can get my game back to usable after I finish my world :3 thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#332 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 7:17 PM
Ty for the mod , really annoying to be spam by this system game , and great following with the update of the game =) .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#333 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 2:19 AM
Thankyou
Test Subject
#334 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 6:52 AM
I never used this mod before and I'm really interested but my game is only patched to 1.29 so how do I use this mod properly with my patch level? I have every expansion up to pets but don't have town life or master suite stuff. Also is this a script mod like overwatch from nraas or a core mod because I want to know for when I update my games in the future to remove it properly? Thanks
Inventor
Original Poster
#335 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 4:46 PM
@Checkssky3: I only provide pre-made packages for the latest patch, but you can create your own package with the tool. The tool allows you to a create a package for your patch level. The packages themselves (pre-made or made with the tool) are tuning mods. They can be removed at any time.
Test Subject
#336 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 8:49 PM
@Checkssky3: I only provide pre-made packages for the latest patch, but you can create your own package with the tool. The tool allows you to a create a package for your patch level. The packages themselves (pre-made or made with the tool) are tuning mods. They can be removed at any time.

How do I create it for patch 1.29? Do I just uncheck the memories for showtime or if I don't want memories all together do I have to do nothing in that case? Thanks
Inventor
Original Poster
#337 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 11:17 AM
Checkssky3: If you want no memories at all, then simply click the "Uncheck all" button to uncheck all memories at once.
Test Subject
#338 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 7:29 PM
Checkssky3: If you want no memories at all, then simply click the "Uncheck all" button to uncheck all memories at once.

Alright Thanks, so if I don't want to uncheck all memories I'm assuming I would just have to uncheck the ones for showtime for it to work with my patch level correct?
Inventor
Original Poster
#339 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 7:50 PM
@Checkssky3: I think I understand what you mean now. For memories that belong to a part of the game that you don't own (e.g. Showtime or Pets or any of the other expansion stuff), it shouldn't matter whether they're checked or not because you will not get memories for them either way (since the events that trigger them can't happen). Simply uncheck the memories that you don't want to have that are relevant for your game.
Test Subject
#340 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 1:15 AM
@Checkssky3: I think I understand what you mean now. For memories that belong to a part of the game that you don't own (e.g. Showtime or Pets or any of the other expansion stuff), it shouldn't matter whether they're checked or not because you will not get memories for them either way (since the events that trigger them can't happen). Simply uncheck the memories that you don't want to have that are relevant for your game.

Alright thanks that makes sense sorry if I seem slow lol I just like to be sure before I use a mod. So If I do what you said is that all I have to do in order for it to run with the 1.29 patch? Also there are 4 download options which one should I download for my case? Thanks
Inventor
Original Poster
#341 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 6:51 PM
Checkssky3: You'll want TS3_Memory_Modder_Game_Strings.zip, which includes the tool that you can use to create your own package file. Check the instructions in the main post to find the steps for creating your package.
Test Subject
#342 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 9:03 PM
Checkssky3: You'll want TS3_Memory_Modder_Game_Strings.zip, which includes the tool that you can use to create your own package file. Check the instructions in the main post to find the steps for creating your package.

Alright thanks I think I understand now, I will try it out. Thanks for all your help
Field Researcher
#343 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 11:09 AM Last edited by Mouse : 27th Mar 2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: I am a Twit.
I finished updating to 1.33 about 4 hours ago. Ever since, I have been trying to figure out what is causing my game to:

1. Freeze when returning to a previous household and attempting to switch the selected Sim...
2. Completely get stuck while loading any household or lot in a new game...

Much to my surprise, it's this mod! I use the Make it Yourself version.
I kept receiving an error that had to do with "NullReferenceException" and "DreamsAndPromises."
Once I took out the mod, everything worked smoothly again. However, the memories are driving me buggy, so I am going to try using the version that abolishes memories by default. I'll report back.

UPDATE:
A light bulb just lit up over my head.
I think I know what I did. I believe that I took the motto “be prepared” too seriously. I created the mod about three minutes before I patched to 1.33. I rechecked the tool...those Showtime options certainly were not there before. Whoops!

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#344 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 8:18 PM
thank you so much! I have hated the memories thing since it started. IF I really want to save something I will take a screen shot!

Thank you again! You rock!
Lab Assistant
#345 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 2:32 PM
My sims have suddenly developed amnesia and I love it. Yay to significant memories only! By the way, I'm on base game only, all patched up and this works beautifully. My game, so far, has stopped the dreaded 59er freezing associated with memory bulk. I'm still seeing some hesitation, but this mod seems to have cured the majority of the headache. I really didn't need 50 billion "repaired toilet" memories. Thank you (spammed x50 billion.. )
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#346 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 10:34 PM
Is the tool compatible with Mac?
Inventor
Original Poster
#347 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 10:54 PM
@Kayleena: It might work with Mono. I don't have a Mac, though, so I can only refer you to this thread for assistance.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#348 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 7:13 AM
Thank you! I think this mod helps to reduce the freezing in my game too... I had the mod installed for a while and my game practically never froze... But then I decided it would be unneccesary and deinstalled it. I think that's why my game freezes from time to time now :S
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#349 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 10:55 AM Last edited by SimsTias : 10th Apr 2012 at 3:06 PM.
Hi! can someone help me?? this mod deosn't work in my game it worked before i patched the game to 1.33 or whatever it's called xD

EDIT: i figured it out xD
Test Subject
#350 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 1:57 AM
I have the latest patch 1.33 and this mod doesn't work in my game. The only problem I'm having with this mod installed in my game is that causes all lifetime wishes not to show up in CAS. I create sim movies and seeing these memory popups are very annoying. I really like this mod and worked for all my games before Showtime. How can I fix this to work with Showtime?
Page 14 of 25