Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2014 at 7:58 AM
Default How do I take my baby home after University?
Well in University my gameplay was boring so I used boolprop testingcheatsenabled true then right click > spawn > tombstone of l&d > get pregnant with... . So she's had her baby and her time at Uni is about to come to an end. When she graduates will the baby go home with her/him or will I have to pull a few strings to get her to move back in with them?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 24th May 2014 at 9:19 AM
I know this might not sound so helpful but it's not really a smart thing to make your sim get babies during University, I'm not sure if the baby will follow her home actually since it will leave anyone that has not graduated/been expelled.
If you think University is boring maybe you should install a shorter University mod and wait for her to get babies when she gets home.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th May 2014 at 12:10 PM
When I did this I did it with Inteen installed. With that, with the baby as a toddler, it will crawl off lot when the student leaves. I don't know if the game will do this without the mod. Anyway, my advice, as far as it goes, is age up the baby to toddler so it can leave under it's own steam and make sure the toddler isn't up any stairs when the time comes but on the ground floor. Otherwise, you could possibly import the child when your ex-student moves into a new lot back in the neighbourhood. I think a combination of a transporter mod and the SimBlender should let you do this. But ZenGarden is right, bad idea to do something like this without a properly designed mod of knowledge of relevant cheats and how to deal with them.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th May 2014 at 1:49 PM
Just send your sim home and then use the Sim Blender or the transporter bush (both downloads) to move in the baby.
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th May 2014 at 3:51 PM
I once had a sim who got pregnant during university thanks to inteen and it did not cause a problem. She lived with her brother who graduated before she did. When he moved out, he took the child with him automatically. So your sim should keep her child when she graduates
Forum Resident
#6 Old 24th May 2014 at 4:22 PM
A little off topic but I also did hate university it was so boring. So I would trap people grown up adults there in a tower who were sims I did not want to kill but I did not want to be part of the marriage pool of choice. Big story with wizards and princesses etc. So I did a lot of using SimBlender to change their ages up and down. I know it can be done to change age and move people in and out of that waste land University.

Now University is my favorite place to play because I put in Cyjon's reduced semester time mod. I also do not make normal dorms. Mine have ghosts or adult toys or other unusual items for comic relief.

mod - http://cyjon.net/node/116
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th May 2014 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Argenta
I once had a sim who got pregnant during university thanks to inteen and it did not cause a problem. She lived with her brother who graduated before she did. When he moved out, he took the child with him automatically. So your sim should keep her child when she graduates

One of the features of Inteen is being able to make a family at university. That it worked fine WITH inteen is no guarantee that it will work itself out automatically when you don't have it. Considering cheats had to be used to create the pregnancy, I imagine there is no code in the game for left-behind children, and that inteen has it's own code to cause that behavior.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th May 2014 at 6:37 PM
It sounds like you don't have a suite of hacks that allows for this, but did it with game included tools. So I would suggest you pick a household in your main neighborhood, use a teleporter hack to move the baby to that family, then graduate the mother, move her in with the family, and have her then find her own place with her baby.
The hacks that allow for this seem to also allow for children born in university to move out with their parents.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th May 2014 at 11:40 PM
As (sort of) already mentioned, when she graduates, the baby will stay there. One time when this happened I kept playing the dorm; random students would feed the baby ...and drop it on the floor. And I played for more than 3 days but the baby never grew up. There are lots of ways for the mom to find and have the baby teleported to her (in her own lot).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th May 2014 at 1:52 AM
So I just want to verify, since this thread has me all confused...

INTEEN enables having children in university, and the baby must be a toddler before your sim graduates to move off the lot? Is this correct? Or, is it that INTEEN enables having children in university and babies will automatically leave the lot with the parent?

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 25th May 2014 at 2:33 AM
If you have Inteen, YAs can have children and get married, yes. You can move/marry in Sims of any age into the Uni household if you like, which is convenient if children happen and you don't want to use a nanny. (All non-YA household members will age normally. Of course, this is if the student is living in a house. It wouldn't really work in a dorm.) Nannies WILL work on uni lots, but in my experience they won't only come for the time the parent is in class. They will want to be there all day, and since my Uni students are usually strapped for cash (because I like them that way), that gets expensive, especially since the nanny would be needed every day.

The child can be any age when the parents leave Uni, they will teleport off the lot if they are less than child age, just as they do if they are are moved off a regular lot with an older Sim. Students can also be pregnant when they leave and their pregnancy will continue normally as adults. So, if you have Inteen you don't have to fart around with teleporting children around. If you don't have Inteen and you cheat a pregnancy into existence...Well, then it's a little more of a pain in the butt. Also completely inadvisable if you don't have a teleporter object in your downloads. Otherwise the ageless baby will be stuck at Uni forever. And I believe the baby won't age up when it should even if the student parent is still a student when the child ought to age. Which I guess could be a good or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it. I don't know if the baby will age normally once off-campus. I hope it will.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th May 2014 at 3:49 AM
Yeah thanks guys I'll download the mods now
Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th May 2014 at 6:20 AM
Thank you for clearing that up iCad.

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}