Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:32 AM
Default Whats the deal with pose packs?
Hi! This might be a stupid question and if I sound insulting, excuse me.

What's the deal with pose packs and pose players? I mean, sure it sounds nice, but what's it for? Just taking photos of your sims in interesting positions? And what's it like, when you activate a pose - does a sim just stand there in the same pose?

I just don't quite get it.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 11:19 AM
I sometimes use them to show off my houses, and if I want to upload a sim. I then need a nice looking pose to fit the house and I want the sim to just stand there til I'm finished. I have to use moveobjects on to place them in the right position usually. Getting the camera in the right position can be a hassle as well.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 11:20 AM
Pose packs are meant for storytellers and photographers. They enhance the look of your screenshots, frequently offering something that could not be achieved through regular gameplay.
When activated, a sim will freeze into that position until you manually release them from it.

Take this shot, for example. While regular gameplay can easily get you a picture of a walking sim, this particular pose makes the sim look more confident and sets a "tone" which storytellers and photographers often need to enhance their photos.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW