Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 1:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife
Default HomeCrafter Plus: Textures Don't Show Up in Color
I started using HomeCrafter Plus today. It opens fine, and I can clone and edit and make new content. I can scribble on part of the image and then save it and refresh the image in HomeCrafter and it shows up fine, but if I change the entire image it just shows up as black and white, no color. It's also only half the size it should be in the program. I've tried deleting my cache files, I've been making sure that I'm saving it properly, I've tried both creating a wall and putting it in the correct folder and opening it as a new piece of content, as well as editing the template itself. I've also tried cloning a piece of custom content already installed and editing that. I've restarted HomeCrafter, I've restarted Paint.NET, and I've restarted my computer. I found one post on another website where someone was having the same problem, but they never got a solution so neither did I.

I'm using Paint.NET to edit the images. I'm running Windows 7 on a pretty state of the art system. State of the art to the point that I know it's not my graphics card or anything like that.

I don't know if it's related, but a lot of thumbnails in my Bodyshop are showing up looking like they've been shredded or not showing up at all, and some of my custom content (hair and clothes, not makeup) won't work in bodyshop but works in my game. I don't really care too much about that, because I only use Bodyshop for face modifiers, but I thought it might be related...
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 12:31 PM
Have you looked at the Homecrafter tutorial on the EA site? Specifically note the dimensions and file type. Is the file that you're trying to work with 256x512 pixels and .bmp for the format?

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 1:27 PM
Yes, I checked all that, and it's all right. Like I said, it will let me edit most of the image, but there's a few spots on the image that I can't touch without the texture going black.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 12:45 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    Please Do NOT post your complete DxDiag report in your thread.

Would you please post your system specs so that we can see if that's a factor in your issue.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 8:46 PM
Hi, I was having a similar problem when creating floors and walls. My textures were showing up half their width and in black and white. Check when you save floor and wall textures that they're the right size (256x512 for walls, 256x256 for floors) and that the colour depth is set to RGB - 8 bits per channel. Worked for me.