Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 11:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Creating New Floors Error
Greetings,

I've been having some trouble with HomeCrafter and I was wondering if someone would be willing to give me a hand. I hope that this is the correct section to put this thread in, but nothing seems to exactly fit this...

Whenever I try to create new floors through HomeCrafter they appear with a purple tint in-game. Floors downloaded that are created by other people work just fine, but any floors that I make have that strange purple color to them. This is probably caused by something in my download folder, but as I've got so many things in there it's hard (and near impossible) to pinpoint what exactly is causing this issue. This has been going on for quite a while, but I rarely make floors so I never really worried about it too much.
But now I needed to make some floors for a set I'm working on (for a fan-film). I'm working on a Star Destroyer set (from Star Wars) and, obviously, purple floors wont do. After clearing up some things in my download folder a little while ago I was hoping that I got lucky and fixed whatever was causing this error... But after importing these new floor images into the game I had no such luck.

This may be a strange question, and perhaps even out of the question, but I was wondering if someone would be willing to convert these few images into floors for me? I hate to ask someone to do this, but at this point I don't know what else to do.

I have five images, shown below, for the Star Destroyer floors. It doesn't matter to me what they cost, what they're listed under, or anything like that. As long as they work and don't have a purple tint I don't really care about anything else.

Would someone be willing to convert these into floors for me? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 11:11 AM
Could you add a pic of how the floors look in-game?

If you think the problem is caused by some CC, then the simplest solution would be to rename your TS2 folder to "The Sims 2 normal" or whatever, then let the game make a new folder just long enough to make your floors. Once they're made properly, they should work fine in your regular Downloads folder - plus, loading the game to test hem would take a fraction of the normal amount of time .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 3:15 AM
That's a good idea. I didn't think of that. I'll give that a shot.
Hopefully the floors wont turn purple again after setting the folder name back to normal. Though I imagine that the error happens when they're being imported from HomeCrafter to TS2, but that's just a guess. I have no problems with any of the walls I've made...

But yeah, I'll post up a picture as well.