Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#126 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 11:04 PM
Hi guys, I'll be going out of town for the weekend, but I'll try to get the next post out before then. I am currently VERY angry at my Sims game. Ever since my lady sim in my rainbowcy went into labor, I've basically had her on a diet of nothing but watermelons, and yet she STILL had a boy! I know you're not supposed to cheat in a legacy, but the second that kid becomes a toddler he's becoming a girl.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 7:16 PM
Help???
His is an exellent idea! I am on week 3 already.

One problem, one of the sims got themselves engaged. And the woman just gave birth to a boy... Is she disqualified or does she stay until she is evicted? The father is still in as well.
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 8:16 PM Last edited by Personcalledjoy : 2nd Oct 2012 at 5:25 AM.
Definitely want to try this challenge

Update: Am playing right now - this post previously was a huge rant about my laptop. Its playing with medium edgesmoothing and all high settings with 12 sims in my big brother house PERFECTLY fine. I am SO sorry laptop. I found out my lag was not from my machine. I installed errortrap yesterday and realised Id whipped up a quick tuning file with a zero where one cannot have a zero... and it was erroring 50 times a second. Possibly for weeks it was doing that undetected. And that was why my game lagged lol.Within a few sim minutes I had over 1000 error notices. If you use ANY mods, even your own, NRAAS Errortrap is worth it. Id have played in lag land forever, cursing my machine without it.

My sim prizes

1st Place - Im currentlly setting up a new world. The winner of my sim big brother is going to be the head of the rich, founding family in my new world :-) Thats a serious prize worth fighting for. The winner will become famous... will live in luxury & be featured everytime I play said world. Lets hope I dont get bored as no intervention is a tricky concept for me.. pretty much like watching a movie instead of playing the sims like haha!6

2nd place - A middle class semi-detached house on the town outskirts with a high level career.

3rd place - Living on the gypsy camp, with a nasty partner (male or female) with few luxuries. But at least your included.

Places 4-8, exclusion from new world.

Photographs of my contestants will come later. I have 12 sims and a somewhat more complicated nomination-eviction-minor challenge/major challenge set up going on but its in the exact same spirit with a lot of the same rules as this challenge :-)
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 2:25 PM
Im not sure I should really post the picture here cos my Big Brother has a new set of very complicated rules with weekly nominations/eviction, challenge immunity, privelege room & a lot of working out average LTRs (thank god for calculators and master controller) lmao! But its in the same spirit... just a nerdier version of that spirit :-) Lots of sims in a house with no way out and no user control.

Its week 3, Saturday night hours after the first eviction and the adoption challenge.
Forum Resident
#130 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 10:41 PM
I'd love to see pictures!

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Field Researcher
#131 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 1:38 AM
Me too! (P.S. I have overcome my terminal laziness, next chapter will be up by tomorrow at the latest.)
Field Researcher
#132 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 4:42 AM Last edited by gizmoman49 : 9th Nov 2012 at 2:26 AM.
Episode 15: Everyone Loses It

Lab Assistant
#133 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 1:52 AM
I've had two evictions, Niall went first (Brave, HotHeaded, MeanSpirited, Athletic, SupernaturalSkeptic) followed by Vans (Diva, Flirty, Supernatural Fan, AbsentMinded, Excitable) - both Humans, there is one supernatural, a witch (James) in the house. Ive been logging all the challenges with funky little descriptions, all the nominations and the evictions etc and currently have a 500 line log of the game haha! Im enjoying playing and writing it but Ive got this sneaky feeling theres no-one in the world except me nerdy enough to read it :-P I don't even mind, Im enjoying myself thats all that matters :-)
Ive tweaked the xml tuning files just for the challenge to allow so many more autonomous things which allow for more and extremely active challenges. Giving the painting challenge attracted everyone as I upped the fun advertisement A LOT I got a load of paintings from nearly all sims except Michelle - and Brandi who only did one - and was very impressed :-) I have a lesbian engagement (Ana and Michelle) who have been given a special matrimonial suite as Big Brothers support for gay marriage & the mod MODOOR has made orchestrating punishments and rewards so much more easy and fun. I can ban people or let them access reward rooms with so much variability :-D Ive never played a challenge before... you can tell...

Anyhow, as there are 12 sims, 2 gone, 1 suprise and random return at the 6th eviction, there are 7 more evictions til the final week (Im having four sims in the final) All evicted housemates are simply shoved into another house with SP turned off so I can ensure the housemate selected for return can indeed return :-p

Gonna squeeze another hour of watching my pixel slaves do my bidding. Theyve already had the athletic challenge, and adoption challenge (theyre sent 3 teenagers into the house and whoever has the highest average LTR with the trio wins - as a twist the teens also got to vote in that weeks nominations) Ive currently got them tuned to create/study/throw/drinkmix potions like their very lives depend on it. After that, its going to the guitar challenge. Then the chess challenge. Then the pool challenge. Then the parenting challenge - same as the teen challenge but some tots and children will be moving in for the week. Still need a good think on a few challenges but there will be a piano one and a sculpting one as Ive made those two autonomous as hell too :-D Its mayhem in there... It really is ;-p

Hope everyone else whos playing Big Brothers having a right lol also :-)
Field Researcher
#134 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 6:47 AM Last edited by gizmoman49 : 9th Nov 2012 at 2:27 AM.
Episode 16: Two Evictions & a Veto

Forum Resident
#135 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 7:34 AM
Lol when Gizmo showed up, my jaw dropped and I was like, "You serious, Clark?"

I tried to make a self-sim once. I could make her way hotter than me and way uglier than me, but not quite in the middle. Some day I shall attempt again. Maybe in my next Big Brother, Miss Laheela can show up as a competitor. See how long I last. XD

The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Test Subject
#136 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Personcalledjoy
Im not sure I should really post the picture here cos my Big Brother has a new set of very complicated rules with weekly nominations/eviction, challenge immunity, privelege room & a lot of working out average LTRs (thank god for calculators and master controller) lmao! But its in the same spirit... just a nerdier version of that spirit :-) Lots of sims in a house with no way out and no user control.

Its week 3, Saturday night hours after the first eviction and the adoption challenge.

OMG Lovveee~ ♥~ I dont know why but i am voting for Chasity :3
Field Researcher
#137 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 7:06 PM Last edited by gizmoman49 : 7th Oct 2012 at 8:50 PM.
Personcalledjoy- You should totally post pictures. I'm a nerd as well so hopefully I'll be able to follow along. For some reason Ana reminds me of Annie from the real Big Brother. Weird

Misslaheela- Seeing misslaheela in Sim form would be awesome! I was thinking of making a celebrity Doll House with Gizmo in it.
Test Subject
#138 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misslaheela
Lol when Gizmo showed up, my jaw dropped and I was like, "You serious, Clark?"

I tried to make a self-sim once. I could make her way hotter than me and way uglier than me, but not quite in the middle. Some day I shall attempt again. Maybe in my next Big Brother, Miss Laheela can show up as a competitor. See how long I last. XD

Lol. That Always happens to me. It's like i maker her/me and she always looks WAY better than me or i change something and she looks worse..... One day we shall Prevail!!
Test Subject
#139 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gizmoman49
Personcalledjoy- You should totally post pictures. I'm a nerd as well so hopefully I'll be able to follow along.

Misslaheela- Seeing misslaheela in Sim form would be awesome! I was thinking of making a celebrity Doll House with Gizmo in it.

You Should. I love your Big Brother Stories. I Hope Kent wins Or mabey Ling-Ling
Field Researcher
#140 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 8:47 PM
Bad news guys (No I didn't lose the save file, I know you were thinking that). I was reading the MTS Creator Guidelines, and it doesn't look like the Doll House is up to Mod the Sims standards, so I probably won't be able to upload it. Does anyone have an idea on where it can be uploaded?
Forum Resident
#141 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 9:13 PM
GIZMO NEVER START A SENTENCE LIKE THAT AGAIN. Omg. All I read was "bad news guys" and I nearly leapt to my feet and cried, "No, Gizmoman! I will smite you if you don't complete your storeh!! Not while Madithon is thtill in the game!"
Crisis averted though. Can you upload the house onto the Exchange at the Sims store?

Field Researcher
#142 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 10:13 PM
Oops, sorry. Heh :{

I probably can upload to the exchange, I'll just need to reset my password. The exchange says my current one is incorrect, even though I HAVE IT WRITTEN DOWN ON PAPER!
Field Researcher
#143 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 10:48 PM
(Wow, I've been posting a lot today)
Hi, guys! So no new chapter today (you just got two in a row, be grateful dangit), but here are a few exciting updates from the Sim world:
- First & foremost, rumors of Sims 3 University have been leaked on a Russian gaming site, including a logo, so we very well may be receiving a University expansion! I'm excited for this, but I don't know how it will work with the whole "open-ended neighborhoods" thing.
- So know how diving boards are coming with Seasons? Well, like fountains & the Supernatural type chooser, diving boards will be released to everyone through a patch after Seasons comes out. Hooray, I won't have to wait until Christmas for diving boards! :P
- A very small one: a fully bald hair mesh for men will come with Seasons. Yay, no more of this "tufts on the side" nonsense. And outerwear will come with Seasons. Pretty much everyone saw that coming.

Supernatural, Seasons, University. Talk about an all-star lineup!
Test Subject
#144 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 2:03 PM
I've been lurking this post all day - literally! I always think to myself "hey that challenge looks neat" and I write it down on my list of things to do on Sims (a very long list, a very veeeeeeeeeeeery long list) and then never do it... but I'm definitely going to try this out. I finished making my contestants a while ago, and have eight of them - including Don Lothario's brother Ron XD
Test Subject
#145 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 4:54 AM
I've finished building the BB house. From the outside it looks like a tough brick prison (eheh). The house does not have a single window to maintain the feeling of the Sims being trapped (once again eheh)

Here's the bedroom. Those are actually 8 single beds, I just shoved them together to save space. There are also some groovy cadillac loveseats (because why not)

Dining area...

The kitchen, which is my personal favourite area (also HOW DO I GET RID OF THAT ANNOYING LITTLE SIM TRACKER THING I ALREADY KNOW WHERE YOU ARE JOHN YOU DON'T NEED TO REMIND ME!)

SUPER SRS ELIMINATION ROOM THING!

And last but not least here is a shot of the backyard... well, a patch of grass. The Simmies can roam the wilderness if they are so inclined, but that fence won't let them get very far

There is also a big challenge room (empty as of yet), a bathroom and a teeny little "punishment room" (completely empty and devoid of any wall or floor coverings) for those sims that just won't behave (AKA unclog the toilets)

And that's that! I should probably introduce the contestants...
Field Researcher
#146 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 10:07 PM
...WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR CUSTOM CONTENT? @.@

Also, I don't mean to be mean, but to make your houses not look like little stone prisons, try making abstract room shapes. It really increases the "glam" factor.
Test Subject
#147 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 3:25 AM
Hmm so many places I can't even keep track - much of it is from MTS, and often a creator will link to a page and I'll end up 37 pages away from where I started with a boatload of shiny new things. Some things are from the store, but I really like the creations of Camille, Club Crimsyn, Mango Sims, Cmomoney, Orange Mittens, Babayaga, Anubis360 (I feel like I'm missing many people and I bet I am :S)

Heh I can honestly say I put little effort into the actual building of the house, as the main focus is from inside the house anyway XD
Test Subject
#148 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:57 AM
I think I'm going to actually try this challenge haha. Might even do a little blog about it or something.
Test Subject
#149 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 1:35 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaand here are my BB sims...

ADRIAN TYPHONETTE
Adrian is the lead guitarist of hard rock band GleebGlarn, famous for the hit "Staring Without Eyes". He has joined the competition because GleebGlarn quickly became one-hit wonders, and he has been living in his mum's basement for far too long now - she told him to find a new house and so he did.

TRAITS: Loner, Slob, Bookworm, Virtuoso, Schmoozer

AUGUSTA ABERDAWN
Augusta Aberdawn comes from a long lineage of highly successful Sims - and that is the problem for her. Augusta feels like her family has achieved in every area possible - so she decided to become the first to win a reality show! And besides, she can easily blow the money on some luxury llama steaks and a decadent massage - in Champs Le Sims of course.

TRAITS: Neurotic, No Sense of Humor, Unflirty, Neat, Snob

BUNNY TANAKA
Bunny Tanaka loves everything cute and frilly! One shade of pink just isn't enough for one square inch of an outfit - crank it up to twenty five! Bunny entered the competition in the hopes to find love, as even though she is as sweet as pie some Sims can't handle her overly vibrant personality or wardrobe.

TRAITS: Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Good Sense of Humour, Excitable, Good

GYPSIE LA LUNE
Gypsie has always preferred to lead a lifestyle of sustainability and low environmental impact. She walks instead of drives, even though her workplace is 12 miles from home, she showers once a week and makes sure to compliment animals whenever she sees them. She is hoping to win the competition and use the money to create a sanctuary for Llamas orphaned by meteor strikes.

TRAITS: Vegetarian, Eco-Friendly, Coward, Artistic, Friendly

JOHN SMITH
John Smith (Pollination Technician 12) is just a regular Sim who enjoys regular Sim activities like occupying a menial job, obtaining groceries from the nourishment facility and DATA NOT FOUND. He is competing in this competition to show everyone just what a regular Average-Joseph Sim he is.

TRAITS: Inappropriate, Handy, Genius, Charismatic, Computer Whiz

RON LOTHARIO
The younger brother of Don Lothario, Ron Lothario is a carbon copy of his womanising sibling. Ron entered the competition to woo the ladies of the house, and to use the prize money to woo more ladies. Ron's hobbies include womanising, working on his pout and perfecting his hair.

TRAITS: Flirty, Great Kisser, Commitment Issues, Childish, Charismatic

ROYSTON BREAMNE
Royston is crazy about being a cowbow and is also well... crazy. Possibly the most unpredictable member of the house, Royston entered the competition because "I wanted to use the funds to build a large castle to keep my hoofpicks in! That way those gnomes won't take them anymore! Those gnomes move, I swear!!!"

TRAITS: Insane, Brave, Daredevil, Heavy Sleeper, Athletic

SELENE MCNOMO
Selene McNomo entered the competition because she knows this is going to be her Big Break. Yes, she's done competitions like this before believing they were going to be her Big Break, but she has a good feeling about this one... sort of. Selene hopes that if she wins the competition everyone will see what a great actress she is and she'll be a superstar in no time. Or at least she might get a job as a weather reporter.

TRAITS: Over Emotional, Absent-Minded, Dramatic, Hot-Headed, Easily Impressed

And there you have it. Now to sit back and do nothing and watch the drama (or more likely just watch crowds gather in front of doorways and get locked in the room)
Test Subject
#150 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by original-title
Aaaaaaaaaaand here are my BB sims...

Very cool sims.

I am attempting this now, I've just created my contestants. ^.^

No pictures, unfortunately.

Lola Rosanne

The most famous fashionista, Lola Rosanne. She rose to fame by marrying rich 70 year old, Vincent Jones, however, he mysteriously died two days later, so Lola refused to take his name.

James Kcufe

James Kcufe has no family, no friends. An old drug addict, rose to fame in heat of his alledged crimes but then was released when he was proven innocent...and nobody really remembers him anymore.

Lareena Kapoor

Lareena Kapoor is a hot headed snob who loves nothing more but to talk about herself. She is a well known socialite and made an album which not a single person bought.

Rick Roller jnr

20 year old Rick is the lead guitarist of his band, "Blood O' Mercy" and their most popular song, "Booze Nationale" was number one for 2 months.

Garnet Marble

Garnet Marble "back in the day" was the model everybody wanted in their shows, now nobody gives her a second glance.

Help Mac!

Help Mac! is a popular business man and a comic book writer, his name is Help Mac! and the "!" is legally part of his name, which is inspired by his newest comic, "Help Mac!"
Page 6 of 14