Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#15276 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 11:15 PM Last edited by Frogsnack : 11th Jul 2017 at 11:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by owl_face
Rant rant rant! I used to use photobucket for my legacy pics but it seems they have stopped allowing third party hosting. So I'm going to go back and fix about half my posts for my random legacy so any future readers can see the pictures. There's no point to this. I'm just really annoyed. And I wanted to rant. >:c

That sucks! I've used them for years and not had any problems. I feel like there was another good one though I'll have to check my links and look for it (had a frog for a logo which is probably why i used it). I enjoyed your Omega update by the way! EDIT: Found it, I haven't used it in a while so I don't know if third party hosting has changed with them, but it's free. http://www.imageshack.us/

I don't mind rants. I wanted to start up a conversation in thread about something in my game, but it seemed like this thread was meant more for legacy blog updates than anything (correct my if I'm wrong because I need some advice on what 'awesome' means, I rolled it in gen 1 and I'm slightly terrified)

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#15277 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 1:04 AM
"Awesome" can mean anything you want it to mean. I take it mean "achieve something that's not so easy to achieve in the game". One time I rolled it and decided to create an unmelting ice sculpture garden. Another time I collected a bunch of spire cut gems.
Space Pony
#15278 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 3:33 AM
I was planning on just jumping back in with my legacy. However, I am doing a time jump... Mostly cause my save is corrupt. >.> Annnnnd I need to organize my CC really badly. And compress files. Apparently my folder is 31GB. Somehow I'm about 99% sure that is wrong, considering it says I have over 600 folders in that folder, and I know for sure that I don't. xD

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Instructor
#15279 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frogsnack
That sucks! I've used them for years and not had any problems. I feel like there was another good one though I'll have to check my links and look for it (had a frog for a logo which is probably why i used it). I enjoyed your Omega update by the way! EDIT: Found it, I haven't used it in a while so I don't know if third party hosting has changed with them, but it's free. http://www.imageshack.us/

I don't mind rants. I wanted to start up a conversation in thread about something in my game, but it seemed like this thread was meant more for legacy blog updates than anything (correct my if I'm wrong because I need some advice on what 'awesome' means, I rolled it in gen 1 and I'm slightly terrified)

Thanks! I'm probably just going to use blogger's hosting service for the time being, since I've been burned already.

I think another simmer (futurecarrie, maybe) used the awesome roll to collect all the gnomes in the game. I'd like to roll the awesome roll at some point because it seems....awesome, I guess.

Field Researcher
#15280 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 5:43 PM
When I rolled awesome I created a clone of one of my legacy spouses with the science skill.
Field Researcher
#15281 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 6:09 PM
Yeah the examples of awesome being collections make a lot of sense as they're so difficult to obtain, but most of what my sims collect they won't be able to sell because of my rolls and it's gen 1, so I had this crazy idea to make a 'happening bunker' for Meghan who is insane, a genius, and a computer whiz. I can't make her an inventor because of the time involved i don't think (plus I gave her that custom hypochondriac trait where she thinks everything's going to kill her so I'm incredibly tempted to make her an underground safe space with every type of scientific and electron device imaginable in the game, where everything is upgraded to never need cleaning).

Another idea is that 'awesome' can spread to every generation and I'll have to bring in an occult sim each generation (not the freebies the ones you have to find like mummy, genie, ghost, mermaid). But since she's all about conspiracies I don't see her trusting anything non-human, although she's a supernatural fan and all...

So, bomb shelter of insane scienc-ery, would something like that work? I could always compound it by adding a requirement to fill the place with Tiberium or soul pieces or something. Thoughts? I don't want a normal collection, I want it to tie into her traits because she rolled a great set of them I think.
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#15282 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 6:49 PM
Yeah, I collected (most of) the gnomes. I think I was missing a few (and the showtime ones) but I figured "hey, y'all got a sh*t ton of gnomes, that's awesome enough". Alyssa had to do so much laundry to get that li'l bear gnome xD

I'll have an update one day, it's mostly because I'll have to build lots and make a lot of poses for next chapter which is really putting me off it, I'm a very lazy person xD

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Field Researcher
#15283 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 3:56 AM Last edited by heatherfeather19 : 12th Jul 2017 at 4:56 AM.
@Frogsnack the bunker idea sounds awesome! Sounds like it fits her personality, which is great.

Edit: Just posted an update: 7.3 "Bittersweet"
Field Researcher
#15284 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 8:56 PM Last edited by Frogsnack : 13th Jul 2017 at 3:18 AM.
@FutureCarrie Yeah those gnomes creep me out a lot, you are a brave simmer. They ususally show up on my lots and I think 'hey look it's a thousand bucks'!
And dang it go pose your sexy sexy sims for us, it's the best soap opera ever! I reread your blog about three times last week, all the way back to Sam & June's early married days. Good stuff.

@heatherfeather19 Thanks by your and my consensus I'll probably do something like that! Uhh because creative licence or something and reasons, lol. The party in your update was hilarious. I'll be nice to the neighbors and assume they thought nobody really died and the evening was a staged event. You should have a murder mystery next time.

New Update on Dustin and Meghan whereabouts;
http://sparrowlegacychallenge.blogs...sconnected.html

Oh yeah and another...
http://sparrowlegacychallenge.blogs...comeacross.html
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#15285 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 12:09 AM
Hadn't played this is in a bit. Annika, my heir, is now a child.

She looks a lot like her dad, which I find a bit unfortunate. I don't think that bone structure looks great on a girl. Hopefully the puberty fairy is kind to her.
Field Researcher
#15286 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 5:23 AM
@Frogsnack lol, a murder mystery would be great! Now if I can just get my sims to stop actually dying during parties...
Scholar
#15287 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 8:58 AM
I have another update, Chapter 1.18
Lab Assistant
#15288 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 10:54 AM
Just started playing this, I'm only on first gen. My rolls are: Single Parent, 2 children, Culinary career, and Runs In the family(I decided to not do the generational goal, I rather do this like a normal legacy..) even though I've only been playing this for a few days, I'm about half way done with generation 1. My founder is at level 9 in her career and both of her kids are children! I haven't given the kids the trait yet, but after they age up to teenagers, I will.
Lab Assistant
#15289 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 2:13 PM
Annika is now a teen! She looks better I think, though you can still DEFINITELY tell who her Dad is (the non child support paying jerk!)

Next gen's rolls: couple with five kids, she's going to be a lifeguard and her spouse an inventor/bot builder. Think I'm going to move her to another town once she becomes an adult.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15290 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LoveViolet
Just started playing this, I'm only on first gen. My rolls are: Single Parent, 2 children, Culinary career, and Runs In the family(I decided to not do the generational goal, I rather do this like a normal legacy..) even though I've only been playing this for a few days, I'm about half way done with generation 1. My founder is at level 9 in her career and both of her kids are children! I haven't given the kids the trait yet, but after they age up to teenagers, I will.

Culinary on first gen is pretty good! You get that awesome fridge! So jealous.
Lab Assistant
#15291 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 6:15 PM
Field Researcher
#15292 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by melynx
Hi! Here to drop an update after that mean cliffhanger last time
Yeah... it was funny though. I loved how the situation was 'resolved' there.

@NutsandDolts & LoveViolet I just found out about the fridge a few days ago, I kind of want to roll that career now too. This challenge is going to make me play so many rabbithole jobs I never would. I just realized that I might actually play every part of the game this way. Normally I avoid the jobs like the plague and my sims run all over town causing whatever havoc I'm in the mood to muster through them. Half the time I take the school out too so I can play the kid's lives better.

New updates on them kids!

Arrivals http://sparrowlegacychallenge.blogs...7/arrivals.html
Academics http://sparrowlegacychallenge.blogs.../academics.html

I hope the pacing is okay so far. Also I know I'm playing the first gen early by having them be teens and they'll get some skills earlier than they should, but it's the only way I wanted to do it (and Meghan's role didn't make sense to me otherwise).
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#15293 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 7:30 PM
Hi, I just updated: 7.4 "Spam"
This chapter is mainly toddler and party spam. :p
Field Researcher
#15294 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 5:27 PM
Looking forward to catching up with everyone's stories & comments on my RLC now that I'm back from vacation! Don't think I'm going to be able to update anytime soon. I pinched a nerve in my neck and can't even sit at my desk without extreme pain. Thank goodness I don't have a 9-5!
Instructor
#15295 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 7:14 PM
I hope you enjoyed your vacation, mommyice! Sorry about your injury--that sounds so painful! I hope you recover soon!

I have an update:
2.13. Better Not Wake the Baby

I'll be catching up on reading everyone's updates posthaste!

Field Researcher
#15296 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 6:08 AM
So, uhm, hi everybody? I kinda fell off the face of the earth for a (long) time, but I had a good reason (I hope XD). If anybody is really interested in that reason, I've left a post on my blog to explain my absence. I'm not entirely sure when the next Marquel chapter will be posted, but I haven't abandoned my simmies, so it'll come. In the meantime, I'll be catching up on all the legacies I've fallen behind on.

Call me Ann, or ConDre/condre.

_~...~_
Field Researcher
#15297 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 9:42 PM Last edited by Frogsnack : 23rd Jul 2017 at 10:42 PM.
Everyone's blogs are awesome so far... I've not been able to read one completely from the beginning, but all the hard work you guys and gals put in is clear. I might be over commenting on them, so please don't feel like you all have to respond to my rantings on your pages. If I get inspired to say something, I blab a little.

New post (probably another tomorrow too). I've been posting a lot because I want to get started on the actual legacy beginning, but I have to let the story mature first.
Progress http://sparrowlegacychallenge.blogs...7/progress.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT: I have a question about unlisted career ideas (especially regarding store content). Is there any opinion on the following ideas? They'd be in the non-standard list, I'm thinking about adding them to my personal roll for jobs.

Non-Standard: Resort Management/ Investor (Island Paradise). Create and Manage resorts, must start by purchasing a vacant lot and get each resort up to a 4 start level before opening a new one, or some such rule.

Cannery: With Mods like this one and the store content canning station it's possible to sell rations and jam. The jam jars were set by EA to sell for 100 Simoleans each, with the overhaul mod it's possible to make jars of individual servings but that means that a full meal broken up could bring in 800 which is a little too high. So there could be a limitation on only making rations from whole meals, although I have good experience with this mod and it gets pretty annoying to split the meals up etc. Also the jars depreciate over time by 20 simoleans a day, and to my knowledge you cannot consign them.

With all the cooking involved I think this is a valid career no matter what is decided about the individual meals. It takes a lot of time.

Home Bakery/ Restaurant: the bakery store items (kids can sell baked goods they make too at the park or whatever), the business time industrial oven to make a restaurant, etc etc.

Beekeeping- Literally just buying hives and maintaining beehives, selling honey/wax at the consignment shop. This could also be a specific gardening career where only one crop is planted for the 'season', since bees will only choose one type of plant at a time. You can ALSO use the beeswax in the caning station with the mod above to make candles to sell. :3

Car Repair Shop- Again store content like Midnight Hollow's ability to have a car lot 'hangout' that earns income or (the better option), buying the fixer upper car and selling it once it's fixed up. I don't recall how many game hours it takes to fix the car up, but I think it's at least 9.

Forge- The Glassblowing set (Again store content). Sell homemade glass items.

Outdoorsman, selling things earned with festival tickets. I know there aren't a lot of levels in the 'sports' and it's easy to get to the top but festivals aren't in town every day, so maybe there's a rule that you can't buy your own half pipe or rinks to skill up outside of the festivals? Also, pie eating etc does not count.

Also, this one is not based on game content but what about being a personal trainer who trains sims at the gym, then adding money with the family funds cheat for each hour session worked?

...I'm guessing these have been discussed before for the challenge? But I'd rally love you opinions on these!
Screenshots

Scholar
#15298 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 12:16 PM
I have another update, Chapter 1.19
Field Researcher
#15299 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 5:14 PM
Field Researcher
#15300 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 1:34 AM
Just popping in to drop this, if anybody is interested:

Chapter 3.04 - Old Wives' Tales

The Marquels is back in the game!

ETA:
@Frogsnack: You've got some nice ideas, but I think some of those have already been incorporated. I'm pretty sure resorts are one of those things you're allowed to make money off anytime. The cannery and beehives would be part of the farmer career though. But you could always keep them seperate careers in your game and just roll manually for them.

Call me Ann, or ConDre/condre.

_~...~_
Page 612 of 676