Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 9:52 PM
Default Removing shoes from mesh
So I found this really nice outfit of a large sweater and jeggings with some combat like boots, but I want to make the outfit into pajamas and I would of course have to remove the boots unless they wanted to wear them to bed, which I find unlikely

Now my problem is that I have no experience in meshing, and I don't have anything to edit a mesh with, so I would really like if someone would be able to get the shoes off

I got the outfit here at GoS

If no one is interested in doing this then I might venture into the frightening world of meshing and do it myself, and if someone could point me in the direction of a tutorial for that I would be really grateful

My life needs editing
My tumblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 11:20 PM
For meshing, you need SimPE (which is free) and MilkShape (which is not... but it has a 30-day, fully functional free trial, which should be enough time for you to decide whether or not you want to be a mesher).

For a basic edit like this, you can follow the three beginner tutorials here on MTS. I think one of them even covers shoe swapping (but do all three tutorials so you understand what you're doing and why).

Technically, you're not "removing" the shoes; you'd be replacing the shoes with a pair of bare feet. It's actually one of the simpler meshing tasks, so it's a good project to start with.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 12:15 AM
Thank you, I'll try it and see what I can come up with c:

My life needs editing
My tumblr