Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2009 at 8:16 PM
Default Where to find new and cool stuff for us builders
Hello everybody!!!

Very usually I see a house/hotel/apartment lot that contains cool stuff which is not credited... and I have to download the lot (even when I don't like it or it's useless for me) just to get the window or the door or whatever. For that reason I'm posting this: do you know a very cool door? a spectacular roof deco? maybe cool flooring? Then tell us here!!!
For example, maybe you have already seen it, but for me it's rather new: last day I found a great fairytale-themed build set by Olemantiker. Here's the link clic me

Liked it? There are a lot of people out there that may not know the same content you do, so, why don't share our discoveries?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd May 2009 at 9:00 PM
Hope this doesn't sound too self-aggrandizing, but I'm very partial to the roof pieces and windows here. Check out the walls by The Sorceress too.

On a less personal note, Simnuts has some very elegant and grand build things.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th May 2009 at 2:37 AM
Those are really cool, you two (I especially liked the medieval-type stuff you linked, Lauralaima). Is this just for non-modthesims2 items, or can I mention a few of my favorites here at homebase?

Atra esterní ono thelduin/Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr/Un du evarínya ono varda.
Atra gülai un ilian taught ono un atra ono waíse sköliro frá rauthr.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th May 2009 at 7:26 PM
For the old and creepy houses the best furniture is from Aviolina @ GOS:
http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...hp?topic=4970.0
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2009 at 8:47 AM Last edited by lauralaima : 26th May 2009 at 8:49 AM. Reason: mistake!
uhm thanks for the links, bluetexasbonnie your page is just awesome!
naeniver, of course, post whatever you think may be interesting or unknown, origin doesn't matter
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th May 2009 at 3:06 PM
Great, thanks lauralaima. Then here is a handy set of fake flowers by HystericalParoxysm that are totally awesome. I absolutely love them. Any time I use flowers, I always use his. Then there are the ladders by Marvine right here that are simply great. I used them before I got Apartment life (that came with circular stairs), but they are still handy to have around just in case. I also found these two medieval collections by UK1967 right here and here to be really handy when making castles and the such.

Atra esterní ono thelduin/Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr/Un du evarínya ono varda.
Atra gülai un ilian taught ono un atra ono waíse sköliro frá rauthr.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 4:25 AM
I recently discovered this site after finding some venetian blinds in my game and I didn't know where the heck I got them from. lol They have really nice stuff - great furniture sets and paintings and all that. I think I've downloaded half their stuff (or more)!

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 1:04 PM
Great link Sarah*rose they have stunning stuffs. One of my favorite non-MTS site for building items is Tarox http://www.tarox4sims2.de/ I love their themed sets.
The other one
#9 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
Hope this doesn't sound too self-aggrandizing, but I'm very partial to the roof pieces and windows here. Check out the walls by The Sorceress too.

On a less personal note, Simnuts has some very elegant and grand build things.

Nice site BTB. I was particularly interested in your awnings. I'm looking for a fringeless set for TS3 for a project I want to do but can't find the CC for. Happen to know of any such things?
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 6:57 PM
Sorry. I personally haven't moved into the Sims3 realm. I do check into the forums about Sims3 periodically. Last I read, new objects had not yet been worked out.

I'm pleased you liked the site.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
The other one
#11 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
Sorry. I personally haven't moved into the Sims3 realm. I do check into the forums about Sims3 periodically. Last I read, new objects had not yet been worked out.

I'm pleased you liked the site.

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait a wee bit longer

PS you should move to TS3, the downloads are just full of people like me who only make houses, lol, need more beautiful CC.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 1:42 AM
MissRoxor --
The code divers are still working hard to understand the structure of things in Sims3, and how to translate that into a simple, elegant, intuitive program that diddlers like me can use.

Sims3 will certainly be more intriguing when new objects can be made.

Scholar
#13 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 2:41 AM
If any one has any building objects they'd like for the Sims 3, let me know, because I have creators block at the moment,lol. I'm very limited to making stuff, but I can use some inspiration.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sarah*rose
I recently discovered this site after finding some venetian blinds in my game and I didn't know where the heck I got them from. lol They have really nice stuff - great furniture sets and paintings and all that. I think I've downloaded half their stuff (or more)!

aaaw thank you! I have just re-discovered this site! I once downloaded some stuff from there and after that I totally forgot about the website! thank youuuh!

Fresh - Prince.... medieval, steampunk, magic and elven thingies are always welcome... at least for me
Scholar
#15 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fresh-Prince
If any one has any building objects they'd like for the Sims 3, let me know, because I have creators block at the moment,lol. I'm very limited to making stuff, but I can use some inspiration.

I need everything, Especially taller windows and curtains/drapes. The drapes in game are dire and don't even fit all the windows.

Why don't I just give you a shopping list hahaha

Taller windows and doors, I liked those two storey ones above and downloaded them, then realised they were sims 2.

Furniture, wardrobes, even if they don't work. For goodness sake man, we'll take anything hahaha.

Oh, I know I'm going to write to you as there's something I really need
Instructor
#16 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fresh-Prince

I like a lot of the windows in TS3, but they need to have completer sets made. Ones that are only 2 tile need single tile versions and some that are long/short only need the other made. Any EA window completer sets (no matter the window) would be loved and appreciated.
Alchemist
#17 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 10:20 AM
I pretty much Always find a use for these wall rims from 4esf http://www.4eversimfantasy.net/other10.htm, deco doors from Huge Lunatic http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downl...do=file&id=1506, and open me windows and doors from sims 2 code http://www.sims2code.hk/english/zet022.php Love it all :lovestruc

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/