Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 4:30 AM
Default The horror, the horror....
Okay, we ripped the books to shreds. Why not burn the movie to? Say what you don't like about it, and the storyline doesn't count. Well Okay, storyline counts...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 7:43 PM
Umm...this could go on for some time but to summerise, the main things I don't like about it are: The fact that it remains true to the awful storyline rather than rewriting it (Rewriting is usually a bad thing but it seriously might have helped here), the bland acting and lack of any facial expression from many of the cast members, the failed attempt to add gothic glamour to the film and of course the sparklepires... *shudder*

(I'm sorry if anyone disagrees with the comments on acting ability as according to my twilight-loving pal, Kristen Stewart won a best actress award for her role as Bella...Apparently...)

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Theorist
#3 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 5:28 PM
The sparkle looked like puke, Bella bit her lip and blinked too much and Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson looked in physical pain/on the verge of laughter at some parts at what they have to say and and act out (in particular when Edward takes his shirt off in the meadow).
Ugh.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 9:53 AM
I saw half of the movie... Nothing happened.

Three equals four.
Banned
#5 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 8:40 PM
Everyone says Jacob Black is "hot" in the first movie Twilight even though he never even had much of a part. We just saw his face for basically 7 minutes.
Banned
#6 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 9:54 PM
The acting sucks!!!!
Jacob is NOT hot
Edward's face looks like a squished potato
The sparkling makes me puke
Everything looks so forced and stupid
The movie is only good for putting me to sleep when my insomnia acts up
Banned
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 4:13 AM
Ebonova: you have insomnia?? Yeah as for me I used to have that when I was younger. Guess us Emo Nemos are really insomniatic at times... (not all emos does this, just us Emo Nemos)
Banned
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 4:22 AM
*hi-fives cattyman*

GO EMO NEMOS!
Yeah. I have insomnia and
I'm a very messed up person :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 2:01 PM
the storyline sucks and book was so boring i did not even finish reading it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 6:39 PM
Kristen Stewart. That about sums it up. All the other people in the movie have at least proven that they can act, but they have to center around her. Her lack of ability was their downfall -- they couldn't outshine the 'heroine' in any way, so they had to downplay their own talent. A real actress may have actually done Bella some meager credit, as well as enabling the other actors to shine, too.

"Polka will never die!" -- Harry Dresden
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff." -- The Doctor
"Mentally unstable like a fox!" -- Rodney McKay
"It's a giant mushroom! Maybe it's friendly!" -- Sokka
"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." -- Mal Reynolds
Banned
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 3:04 AM
Hmm let me see. Bella is stupid, Vampires sparkle, it sucks, Bella acts helpless and the books suck... and so do the movies. Did I mention how much it sucks? Why did the books have to be written... WHY?
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hladgunnr
Hmm let me see. Bella is stupid, Vampires sparkle, it sucks, Bella acts helpless and the books suck... and so do the movies. Did I mention how much it sucks? Why did the books have to be written... WHY?

The teenagers like that sort of thing and teh author needs the money.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Banned
#13 Old 2nd May 2012 at 3:01 PM
I hate the author....
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 4th May 2012 at 11:21 AM
Agreed, Stephenie Meyer should be ashamed of writing this rubbish

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Banned
#15 Old 9th May 2012 at 11:42 PM
In fact my best dream included me running Justin Bieber, The Twilight people and Stephanie Meyer with a steam roller...
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 8:45 PM Last edited by Littleweirdo : 13th Jul 2012 at 9:12 PM.
GOD I HATE TWILIGHT!!!!!!!! The sparkle fairies make me puke.
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th May 2014 at 12:56 AM
Default Shame? How? Please explain
Quote: Originally posted by Hladgunnr
In fact my best dream included me running Justin Bieber, The Twilight people and Stephanie Meyer with a steam roller...

question 1. why did u readit in the first place
question 2. why did u watch the movie in the first place
question 3. why did u agree to shame the author when she made a hit movie and best selling but u have only gotten but so far in ur life and she made possibly thousand or millions while ur still trying throu average wages?
i agree on the first 4 movies sucking and like took the very last movie to even have any kind of excitement and that vampires suck movie was actually better the the real thing. But i do know one thing, i can not say anything about the author becus at least she doing her greatest. thats the only thing that kind upset me between both of u. at least see past the terrible movie and boring book and see that at least she did something successful. and dont say u could make something better becus being an artist period is hard work when u know that not everyone has the same taste and u have to come up with things that could POSSIBLY become a hit and could POSSIBLY be liked by at least half a billion or trillion ppl. its not every day that a book is a bestseller and award winner and a best selling movie all at once. not only tha but how r those ridiculous fans involved and why should they die for having something they like. that like saying u like pizza and someone comes up to u with a gun all becus u like pizza. yes ik what u said was jus an expression but think about if someone said things like this to u guys yall wouldnt like it im jus saying....

ps.... IM A VAMPIRE....with glitter dont judge me for liking barbie!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodDirt
question 1. why did u readit in the first place
question 2. why did u watch the movie in the first place
question 3. why did u agree to shame the author when she made a hit movie and best selling but u have only gotten but so far in ur life and she made possibly thousand or millions while ur still trying throu average wages?
i agree on the first 4 movies sucking and like took the very last movie to even have any kind of excitement and that vampires suck movie was actually better the the real thing. But i do know one thing, i can not say anything about the author becus at least she doing her greatest. thats the only thing that kind upset me between both of u. at least see past the terrible movie and boring book and see that at least she did something successful. and dont say u could make something better becus being an artist period is hard work when u know that not everyone has the same taste and u have to come up with things that could POSSIBLY become a hit and could POSSIBLY be liked by at least half a billion or trillion ppl. its not every day that a book is a bestseller and award winner and a best selling movie all at once. not only tha but how r those ridiculous fans involved and why should they die for having something they like. that like saying u like pizza and someone comes up to u with a gun all becus u like pizza. yes ik what u said was jus an expression but think about if someone said things like this to u guys yall wouldnt like it im jus saying....

ps.... IM A VAMPIRE....with glitter dont judge me for liking barbie!

well personaly, i liked the clip of twilight where one of them turns into a werewolf, but i expected the werewolves to look a bit better then that, i expected the werewolves to look like the one from this clip of doctor who: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aWIYQHxXEo let me know if anyone agrees with me

Animating is tough, but once you get it done, its worth it for the views. and a full 5 stars of course.
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th May 2017 at 3:05 AM Last edited by Alliehalliexo : 9th May 2017 at 9:47 PM.
I am probably a bit late to the party, but oh well. Why don't I like Twilight? Well...

1. It's probably the stupidest thing I have ever read and/or watched. (I will be honest here, I only read the first book but was so disgusted with it that I could not continue. Still, I was roped into watching the entire movie series with my mother because she is obsessed which completely and utterly disgusts me) Yes, the stupidest thing I have ever watched is Twilight. That says a lot, considering I have seen Birdemic.

2. Edward sparkles in the sun. Why does this bother me? Well, you see, vampires are supposed to be vile creatures that kill humans and drink their blood. Creatures that turn to ash at sunlight, and have lived so long that they must be pretty messed up (witnessing all the horrible things any person may witness in their lives times a ten-fold) and then Stephanie Meyer goes and makes them pretty and sparkly like a shiny necklace! JOY!

3. Ok, so, he's literally dozens of years old. He's literally more than twice the age of her father. That reaches unspeakable levels of creepy, along with the fact that he watches her in her sleep like a creeper.

4. The series contains all of the following. Necrophilia, bestiality, and pedophilia! JOY! What a lovely series! (NOTE THE SARCASM)

5. She literally falls into a depression after Edward leaves to protect her. GET OVER YOURSELF BELLA! HE DIDN'T FREAKING DIE, AND YOU BASICALLY JUST STARTED DATING HIM! YOU PLAYED BASEBALL WITH HIM ONCE, AND I'M PRETTY SURE YOU DIDN'T GO ON ANY OTHER DATES WITH HIM!

6. Bella is a total Mary Sue. She's not even likable, yet all the guys seem to love her (I mean, come on Mike, Jacob, Edward. She's the new girl sure, but what the hell is so special about her?).

7. Just the general premise that vampires can consume animal blood annoys me. If vampires could easily live their lives consuming animal blood, why wouldn't nearly all of them do that? I'm sure it's difficult to bare the weight of killing someone, so animal blood could be like the humane alternative, right? If said vampire isn't a sadist, that is.
You know what I think? I think Stephanie wanted to Mary-Sue it up, and say 'Oh dear, Bella's lover can't be a killer! Aha! I know! He can drink animals instead! That way he still drinks blood and is not a different pretend fantastical creature altogether, and can stay still be considered a vampire!' or something along those lines. Vampires are supposed to be monsters, and honestly, it would be a better story altogether if it was a story about a girl that fell in love with a vampire and ran with him, helping to cover up his killings, which he had to do in order to survive. At least if that happened, the characters would actually have vices, instead of being flaw-less people. It would definitely not be as bland as it actually is.

8. She attempted to commit suicide, and she didn't die. Is that going to far? Oh well.

9. Renesme is just an awful name. 'Nuff said.

10. Swallowing large quantities of blood will cause nausea and can cause liver disease and heart failure, whether the person drinking it is pregnant with a half-vamp baby or not. Stephanie Meyer completely bypasses this fact, which leads me to believe that she lacks a basic understand of human physiology.

11. On the subject of half-vamp babies, that is not possible. Vampires don't have beating hearts, right? Nor do they have functioning bodily fluids, therefore, sperm cannot exist and cannot fertilize Bella, and create a half-vamp baby. Especially not a half-vamp baby that in the movie, has it's teeth already grown in once it's born. So many different levels of creepy.

12. Jacob the grown man-werewolf, is destined to fall in love with a freaking baby, that was just born. Nice! Pedophilia and bestiality in one! (NOTE THE ADDITIONAL SARCASM)

13. Oh, to add on to that last one, little baby half-vamp Renesme will one day end up with a guy who was in love with, kissed, and thought very dirty thoughts about her own mother. JOY!

Well, I could continue listing things all day, but for now, this will do. There are many other reasons that Twilight in general, is just terrible. If you are reading this, and you haven't read and/or watched Twilight, I advise against doing so.