Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 3:54 PM Last edited by Garnier : 12th Jul 2014 at 4:35 PM.
Default Build mode ideas
When I see some of the buildings other people create, I become ashamed because my houses look like barns compared to these, but I also become inspired. So I come up with an idea to build a house, but I ask myself: Do I want to build a nice cozy cottage with a lovely garden or a huge villa with a pool and a park? And the result is always the villa.

So, in this thread you can give ideas to other people by describing a house you want someone to build and you can try to build a house someone listed in this thread.

Example: A small indian-inspired house for two sims and a baby.
A victorian house for three sims and two children(preferably a boy and a girl).
A modern house with a hot tub, a pool and a party area - a single sim.

All the details are up to you. There's no such thing as too many details. If you have already pictured the layout of the most important room in the house or you want the house to include a certain object, feel free to say. If you want, you can post screenshots of the houses, just quote the request first. It will all become more clear in time.

Now, if you would, please, be so kind to give me an idea.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 5:17 PM
I always enjoy trying to remake the houses on Wisteria Lane from Desperate Housewives.
Screenshots
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 5:24 PM
While it's fine to use this thread as a "Cool houses inspiration" thread - folks who wander by may think this is a "Request houses for me or other people to build for you" thread (as I did at first) - so ya may want to clarify that it's just for people to post cool stuff as inspiration for themselves and others and not a "build this for me" thread. Or maybe I'm doing so here because we don't have a place to post requests here sooo I hope folks don't go and turn this thread into that...

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 5:31 PM
Actually, the original idea was for this to be "Request houses for me or other people to build for you" thread but now I want people to answer to a request and post screenshots when they finish the house.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 5:34 PM
Well if that's the case then I should, as was my first instinct before I edited my post, refer you to the "Creators who take requests" thread in the Where Can I Find area and suggest you upload a few of your houses first to give people an idea of what kind of style you make, and note that we do not do request threads/posts here.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 5:42 PM
I had this in mind: Does anyone want to build a nice small cottage for an elder couple on a 30x25 lot:

Content: It would be nice if it had:

- a pathway to the house with flowers around
- a nice small garden.
- country decor ( not necessary)

Budget: 35 000 simoleons after buying the lot ( you can go up to 40000 but stick to the limit, extra money left is a positive thing, too bad this is not a contest with points )