Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 3:48 AM
Who is guilty of the "Simself-marry-Simcrush" scenario?
Trust me, I am...

...and ever since The Sims 2, it would ALWAYS be Bill Nye.
Prior to that, I'd marry Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing in The Sims 1.
There was even a meme that pointed out this little secret in a exposing way.

The life simulator is in essence, a simulation and fantasy of your dreams to live, laugh, love and be human while staying safely in your boundaries.

Talk to a psych doctor about romantic and sexual fantasies you play out in the privacy of your bedroom, they'll tell you that it is normal to play things out before doing any runs through the fantasy as it help prepare you for the real deal. Same can be said about those who are nervous and have a week to spare before the event of public speaking. It is best to practice until you have the idea down and can speak for the person or persons you are representing.

I am an extremely shy person due to illness and disability, mainly Asperger's Syndrome. I am also ambiverted (meaning I have times where I enjoy crowds and others when I want to be holed up in my room, watching cartoons from around the world.) My point being in this little lecture is that fantasies, when properly regulated and managed, can be enjoyable.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 8:22 PM
I uh, used to spend a lot of my TS2 time by having my self Sim marry and have kids with Hayato Tani because I used to - and still do a little - really want to gargle his nuts. We'd have at least six kids and several cats, and just generally lived idyllic lives.

...Then I got bored and whored him out to the rest of the neighbourhood. Any woman I made and moved in, he fucked. ...And because I used to ship Tani and Sonomanma Higashi, I made him too and had them have an affair. I distinctly remember Tani sleeping overnight at other womens' houses and my self Sim not noticing, and Tani banging Sonomanma in our hot tub...and still not noticing.

Tani ended up with 80+ kids by 60+ lovers.

I think I had a very hidden cuckold fetish.
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:25 PM
I am soo guilty of making my dream self and having her marry anime characters.... T-T I'm so lonely...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 1:08 AM
I'd like to, but I'm so horrible at making sims and my rl crush, a Japanese actor, never comes out right when I try to create him!

Andy: This year for Christmas, everyone's getting a handshake and an I.O.U.
Scholar
#6 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:16 AM
A list of every simcrush my selfsim has ever married:

Jack Sparrow
Sweeny Todd
Mana-Sama
Atsushi Sakura
Toll Yagami (shut up)
80s Brad Dourif
80s Boy George

Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
I uh, used to spend a lot of my TS2 time by having my self Sim marry and have kids with Hayato Tani because I used to - and still do a little - really want to gargle his nuts. We'd have at least six kids and several cats, and just generally lived idyllic lives.

I'm so glad I'm not his only fangirl. :3

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 12:48 PM
Yessssss. You just became even more awesome, IAmDeath.
Scholar
#8 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:13 PM
Oh I'm so guilty of this. Whenever I developed a crush on someone, I'd create them in TS3 and promptly marry us. As a result, my simself has been married quite a few times.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:49 PM Last edited by AnnaBubblegum : 31st Aug 2014 at 3:01 PM.
So guilty! This thread is adorable xD

Life Stage: Young Adult

Traits: Artistic, Bookworm, Dog Person, Over-Emotional, Good

LTW: Master of the Arts
Scholar
#10 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Yessssss. You just became even more awesome, IAmDeath.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 7:08 AM
I have wanted to do this but since I tend to move on to a new crush so quickly, I'm sure I'd get tired of them and it would only lead to heartbreak for many Sim-crushes.
Although, there may have been times when I made my simself marry premade sims that I found attractive such as Cycl0n3 Sw0rd or Nervous Subject, but usually it's just random townies
Mad Poster
#12 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:26 PM
Scholar
#13 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 4:17 AM
I've never made a simself, so no.
One Minute Ninja'd
#14 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 12:32 AM
And here I thought that was limited to only CLP over on the official forums. I didn't think others partook in this particular sport. Live and learn. Excuse me while I go scrub my eyeballs with a Brillo pad after reading this thread.
Theorist
#15 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 12:51 AM
That bloke from Thor...The only reason I sat through The Avengers w/the hubby and son. Unfortunately in game he was too different from me and never was interested!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:53 AM
Sadly, yes, I've done it. Mostly with Davey Havok (vocalist of AFI), but when I was younger I'd make Orlando Bloom (TS2 days)....
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 7:46 AM
.....maybe.....STOP LOOKING AT MEEE!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:42 AM
Surprisingly, I haven't. However, I have created a sim of a boss I hated and took my rage out on him. His wife swings the other way in real life, and everyone knows but him. Or maybe he just refuses to acknowledge it. Anyway, in simland, his wife left him for the hot maid and he died penniless and alone in a fire caused by a few too many indoor firecrackers. I did this a lot until I finally found another job where the boss wasn't such an asshole. One time, my evil former boss got beaten up by his wife's maid girlfriend, and then locked away in their new basement to be tortured by nearly starving him, letting him eat enough to make his hunger bar full, and starving him again. Rinse and repeat until I got bored with it. I probably should go to counseling. But at least it's only released rage on simmies, and I'm not like a serial killer or anything.

And come to think of it, I used to have a sim crush on Don Lothario, after he had a midlife crisis and stopped being such a player.
Scholar
#19 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:11 PM
Hmm, well, I got cured of that early, when in FF7 I named Cloud after myself, and Aeris after my girlfriend, and then she gets killed at the end of disc 1. CURSE YOU, SEPHIROTH!

In The Sims, I just make whatever silly fantasy family I fancy. I literally had a Barbie and Ken family in TS1.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:48 PM
I've always been much more inclined to destroying Sims of people I hate than marrying Sims of people I like, tbh.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Instructor
#21 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:34 AM Last edited by pizza : 5th Sep 2014 at 10:52 AM.
When I was in year 8 (aged 12, 6-7 years ago!) I can remember I used to make households of me married to my RL crush on TS2. It wasn't even a celebrity, just someone I knew and in a typical 12 year old fashion thought was the love of my life.. After much yearning for him, I did eventually manage to win the guy's heart!!!.. only to dump him via MSN Messenger less than a month later
Can honestly say I haven't done it since on any Sims games
Theorist
#22 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:28 PM
No, I've never made a self-sim and usually when I make a celebrity it's because they're weird/unique looking, not because I have a celebrity-crush.

I do think that's pretty cute you love Bill Nye so much. I like Bill Nye a lot too. Not really familiar with his show or anything, but I've seen articles on HuffPo where he's quite outspoken and opinionated, and so far I've agreed with him on everything he's been in the news for.

I do often make female sims in my vision of what I find attractive, and they often end up in lesbian relationships with other attractive female sims. Maybe deep down I wish to be a hot lesbian. I may need to speak to a therapist about that.

Resident wet blanket.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 11:51 PM
Now if some one were to do a young version of say Raquel Welch. Shut up, i am an old guy.. When i was 12 many a moon ago. The first time i saw her in a fur bikini in 1 million B. C.. she became my first crush. The movie could almost make you believe there is something to creationism after all.. LOL

http://socialpsychol.files.wordpres...s-bc-images.jpg

Though Halle Berry is sweet looking, but every time i tried to get my failed self sim with her or Sandra Bullock sims.. It just never seemed to work out. Floods, fires, plagues, glitches, crashing game, having to nuke the entire game by uninstalling and re-installing.. WHAT AGAIN!?. There is a reason why it is a failed attempt at a self sim...

I hate it when the voices in my head talk about me as though I were not there...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
No, I've never made a self-sim and usually when I make a celebrity it's because they're weird/unique looking, not because I have a celebrity-crush.

I do think that's pretty cute you love Bill Nye so much. I like Bill Nye a lot too. Not really familiar with his show or anything, but I've seen articles on HuffPo where he's quite outspoken and opinionated, and so far I've agreed with him on everything he's been in the news for.

I do often make female sims in my vision of what I find attractive, and they often end up in lesbian relationships with other attractive female sims. Maybe deep down I wish to be a hot lesbian. I may need to speak to a therapist about that.

Bill was essentially, during my teen years in 2000-2007, my first crush that had more meat than just blinded by looks. I come from a long line of geniuses in different sciences and arts. The fact he's a TV personality and a mechanical engineer was reason enough to fawn over him like he was part of a Pantheon of sorts. (In other words, I was a follower and proponent of science education. Still am, but it pisses off my born-again Christian Dad. To paraphrase quote NOFX's Leaving Jesusland "Bill Nye is on my father's execration list")

As for your hot lesbian fantasy, a trip to the therapist would be a good idea. In fact, I have a session with mine tomorrow morning. I have to ask about my strange "daddy complex". The oldest of the men I've fallen for in the other posts peppered throughout the site will point out I've taken a break from Bill to spend time in my mind with Alice Cooper, the King of Shock Rock. (Alice Cooper, born Vincent Damon Furnier on February 4, 1948, so he's roughly 40 years my senior)

I guess I have a busy day ahead of me.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 3:27 PM
Oh. I thought this thread was going to be about self-sims marrying crushes, but like real life crushes. I was wondering who would want to hurt themselves like that ;_;

I've never made a self-sim, and as a teen i think i would have been too embarrassed to do it, even in secret. Not that i haven't done shameful things in the Sims, but for some reason doing things through a self-sim feels more... personal. And thus wrong-er.

As of present me, if anyone made a decent looking Ned Stark, I might consider it.
Page 1 of 2