Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 10:56 AM
Is there any way to enable sliders in CAS? Mods? Commands?
Or should I just uninstall the game right now? 'Cause this "sculpting" nonsense isn't working out for me at all. It's exactly the same system as in The Sims 3 only I have no idea what I'm doing.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 4:16 PM
As far as I'm aware, there are no sliders. You tug and pull.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 4:46 PM
Practice practice practice!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 5:35 PM
The good news is that there is a mod here that allows you to keep all CAS features in the game, so if you realize you've made a mistake, you can fix it later. Either that, or you can use the cas.fulleditmode cheat. I'm not quite sure of Sims 4 genetics, though, so I don't know if that affects offspring. However, if your Sims 4 offspring also have that annoying nose that you fixed on Mom, you can always just fulleditmode again.

Sometimes, I admit I get lazy, use a preset face, and just alter some details on that.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 1:44 PM
it's, I believe, far more natural on the tablet-type device, where such kind of interface belongs, and much more as a 2nd (or even 1st) nature for the generation born with smartphone in hand

Technically - there're still 'sliders', like in TS2 or TS3, you just interact with them differently. Why there's no option for visualise them I have no idea. Maybe it was too complicated for the staff "creative" brains.

If there's a possibility (is there?) to manipulate the CAS interface someone, some day may add kinda "sliders' tab" or something.
According to "sculpting" as one of the most selling marketing idea in this game iteration and rather tiny demand for it, I doubt if it happen any time soon, though.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Instructor
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 6:53 PM
I honestly like this a lot more than the gajillion sliders you've had in The Sims 3. Molding Sims like clay feels far more natural to me. What I don't get however is why they didn't make sliders optional for people who prefer them.

It's something I really don't get with most AAA devs. They force their new and exciting ideas on everyone, while completely neglecting any previous good ideas they had in the past.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
The Sims 3 doesn't have sculpting. It has sliders.

Just ditch the Sims 4 and come to the dark side. We have cookies and sliders. All day, every day.

Yeah let me just sell my house and buy a PC that can run it properly. Then buy a Bible so I can pray that my save doesn't get corrupted or too bloated to even load.

If The Sims 3 was playable for me you think I'd be here? :P

Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
it's, I believe, far more natural on the tablet-type device, where such kind of interface belongs, and much more as a 2nd (or even 1st) nature for the generation born with smartphone in hand

The Sims 4 in general feels like a mobile game.

Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
Technically - there're still 'sliders', like in TS2 or TS3, you just interact with them differently. Why there's no option for visualise them I have no idea. Maybe it was too complicated for the staff "creative" brains.

If there's a possibility (is there?) to manipulate the CAS interface someone, some day may add kinda "sliders' tab" or something.

Yeah that's what I was looking for. But after digging around I can't find any custom interface mods for The Sims 4, so I guess they are off limits.

Quote: Originally posted by MarcyRoars
I honestly like this a lot more than the gajillion sliders you've had in The Sims 3. Molding Sims like clay feels far more natural to me. What I don't get however is why they didn't make sliders optional for people who prefer them.

For the same reason why they removed pretty much every major feature that The Sims 2 and 3 brought to the series: because implementing them requires actual work.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 2:51 AM
I actually had this same question. ... Is there a way to make the pushing and pulling x2 or 4 etc. It seems with sims 4 you're just adding more face masks and makeup to get the results that we were able to achieve with sliders and face masks and makeup in Sims 3. What mods are people using to make their sims faces looks less play doughy?..To make more realistic looking sims?
Scholar
#9 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 6:20 AM
there are these here: http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=9059435
I know for sure the boob one works still. I don't know about the others.
Scholar
#10 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
..To make more realistic looking sims?

As far as I remember the whole point of the new game design was to throw off any resemblance (especially S3 kind) to any "realism" sorta off. If t works as it should (as S2 simplicity defends itself not just because of "beign old game") is ... well - a matter of taste.

The "daddy knows better" attitude is kind of trademark for the company and its ehm... 'creativity'. Like "You don't like that, we will *make you* dude!"

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 6:16 PM
Alright so after asking pretty much everywhere, I'm pretty sure sliders are out the window unless The Sims Studio decides to implement them. Now I'm wondering if there's maybe a way to change the morphs from the console?