Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5026 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 6:04 PM
OK, great! Thanks for the info. It's a PC don't worry

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Theorist
#5027 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 8:45 PM
Does anyone know if Uni is bugged? Everytime I send someone to Uni or bring them back from Uni, everything goes buggy. A recent incident where I lost all my UI pics of my sim disappeared after they got back form Uni - no matter what I did, I couldn't play him again so I started him all over again. This time, I sent my sim (new one) to Uni for the first time and I get there and one of his traits changed and all his lifetime rewards that I bought - 10 - are gone. What gives? Any solutions? I'm fully patched - have all EP's except Pets, Supernatural, Showtime and ITF. No SP's and I don't use hacks in my game.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#5028 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 9:34 PM
Traveling is generally a problem both with Uni and WA. The Traveler mod over at NRAAS usually takes care of problems like that.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler
Mad Poster
#5029 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kimikobristen
My game runs smooth and all recently, but it keeps getting error code 12 when saving? I checked and the game is only using something around 2GB RAM only, no more. Isn't it supposed to only throw that error when the RAM usage is around 3.5GB ++? I'm only assuming, I not a very good at this.

How much RAM does this computer have total and are we talking Windows or Mac?
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#5030 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 7:33 AM
@kimikobristen, this thread is about gameplay questions. Please post a new thread in the Help forum when you have game issues. Thanks.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Instructor
#5031 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 9:52 PM
Okay This may be pointless and stupid but it has been bugging me to death. Whenever your Sims play a video game the screen seems to cycle between showing random recorded footage for three real world games, one looks like a Tony Hawk game, the other I am pretty sure is burn out but then there is a third game and I can't figure out what it is. At first I thought it was a platformer where the player controlled a badger(I don't know of any games like this but that's what it looks like), but then it looks like the badger starts attacking the master hand from Super Smash Brothers and the camera goes crazy in a way it never would in any real world platformer, and yet like the first two games the footage looks like it was Fraps captured from a real game.

My question is this, if this is a real game what game is it? It doesn't look like any game I have seen released and yet I am sure it must be an EA game of some kind and it looks real.

This is driving me crazy.
Theorist
#5032 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 1:49 AM
Anyone running Windows 10 yet? I got my notification for my free upgrade but I didn't want to do it yet since I don't know if games - i.e. Sims, MMORPG's like EverQuest, EQII, LoTRO and the like will run on it
Any info would be so appreciated.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#5033 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 2:43 AM
EvilMcNastySim2015, I'm pretty sure that game is called SimAnimals, for the Wii
Instructor
#5034 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 12:58 PM
Oh, I didn't know there was such a game. I will have to check it out if I get the chance.

Thanks a bunch.
Instructor
#5035 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 1:24 PM
I still don't quite understand what file I can delete from my TS3 folders.

Is it save to delete the files from the The Sims 3 - Collections - User folder? I have files going back to 2011 and they are packages. and SIG files. I don't understand what these collections are either?
Forum Resident
#5036 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 1:26 PM
Collection files are optional but very useful if you have a lot of CC and/or do a lot of building/decorating and are always searching through the catalogue for specific objects. They are just ways to better organise your stuff in-game so that you can put things in a collection rather than searching through the entire catalogue for them. You can delete them if you don't use collections.
Top Secret Researcher
#5037 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
I still don't quite understand what file I can delete from my TS3 folders.

Is it save to delete the files from the The Sims 3 - Collections - User folder? I have files going back to 2011 and they are packages. and SIG files. I don't understand what these collections are either?

If you haven't used collections, these are the collection files for each EP or Stuff Packs. If you click on the collection folder icon in buy mode, it shows them, you click on them and all items that were included in that pack show up, regardless of category.

If you make your own collection, it creates these files in addition. For example, I create subcollections for the decorative miscellaneous things, so I don't have to go through this huge category to find a decorative baguette for my kitchen. So, I created a kitchen decorative collection, one for kids rooms, one for bathrooms, etc. It's very useful. You should try it if you have a lot of CC.

But in short, I'm fairly sure you can delete them but I don't think it makes a difference in loading times or play.
Instructor
#5038 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 4:19 AM
Maybe this is silly but I can't figure out how to place community or residential lots.
I'm used to the sims 2 and I haven't played the sims 3 since back in December, I know someone told me but I forgot.

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Instructor
#5039 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frenchyxo22
Maybe this is silly but I can't figure out how to place community or residential lots.
I'm used to the sims 2 and I haven't played the sims 3 since back in December, I know someone told me but I forgot.

Go into Edit Town mode, and click on the World Editor button (to the direct left of the bulldozer button). Choose what size lot you want to place, and click on the map where you would like it to be placed. The lot must be green, otherwise it will be red, indicating for whatever reason, the lot cannot be placed there. If you would like to turn it, the < or > keys will rotate the lot 45 degrees. From there, you have a residential lot you are free to place houses on or build on.
For community lots, click on the newly-placed lot, and select Change Lot Type (the button is half of a house, and half of a bench). Then simply select Community, and whatever type of lot you want it to be. Then carry on by building or placing a premade building on the lot.
Alchemist
#5040 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 10:00 AM
Speaking of the World Editor, any time I try to place trees they come out floating above ground (the almost-conical part at the bottom of the trunk is supposed to be underground, but it's not). Now I understand it's a known issue, but has there ever been a solution for it? I've encountered this problem in multiple worlds, both EA and custom.
Site Helper
#5041 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 5:49 PM
If it's on a lot, you can use an OMSP to lower the tree. I'm not sure what you can do if it's in the world other than dropping bushes or rocks around the trunk to hide the gap. (And I know that neither of these work-arounds are really solutions.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#5042 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If it's on a lot, you can use an OMSP to lower the tree. I'm not sure what you can do if it's in the world other than dropping bushes or rocks around the trunk to hide the gap. (And I know that neither of these work-arounds are really solutions.)

Thanks. Fortunately, I've only encountered this issue outside of lots. I'll use rocks and bushes to hide the floating trees, lol.
Or maybe I can work it into the story of Moonlight Falls - town so crazy, even trees want to escape.
Scholar
#5043 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 8:55 PM
you may also lower terrain a bit and mask the gap with foliage - but it's asking for a routing problem.

Speaking of MF - this is the only EA world which -except one particular damned tiny home - has never gave me routing problems. Yet. Maybe because of it design - even lags are scared ... x.x

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Instructor
#5044 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 7:23 AM
i have a save in Bridgeport, my Sims live on the rich side of town across the bridge, and each time I invite someone over they'll accept, then instantly say that something came up and they can't make it. One of the Sims has the Chess Legend LTW which is why I need to invite people over so badly, but I really have no idea what could be causing it. I tired resetting the town, killing the next ranked person so it would generate a new one (which didn't help), and I've been looking for a way to teleport the Sim I need to my Sim's house but couldn't find anything... Any ideas?
Mad Poster
#5045 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 7:51 AM
One way is to stalk them, approach them when they are out and about (but not working), or even in their own homes and chat them up until you get past Sociable to Friendly. Then invite them to group up and use Go Here with... to bring them home and invite them inside. They can't very well be too busy to come over and play chess if they are already standing in your living room. Or you might be able to get yourself invited in at their house and play chess there, if they have a chess table.

Or the mod way, use NRaas MasterController's Basic > Invite Over. If they don't need to be at work or school, they can't refuse and will immediately start making their way over to your sim's house or wherever they happen to be. "Oh, how nice of you stop by and stand on my doorstep like a drooling idiot. I'll just invite you inside and how about a nice game of chess while you're here?"
Top Secret Researcher
#5046 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 1:33 AM
Is there a way to turn off the sound on the computers? I have a sim at a homeworld university and there are a lot of computers and other sims play on them a lot. I can't stand listening to it anymore!

I don't want to turn off autonomous for it unless there is really no way to turn off the sound.
Scholar
#5047 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 1:58 AM
@310175
On the bottom bar of your computer, over on the right, there should be a speaker icon.
If you click on that, it should mute your computer.

Or if you open it, and click on the speaker icon in the little window that pops up from there, it will mute your computer. :D
Field Researcher
#5048 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
@310175
On the bottom bar of your computer, over on the right, there should be a speaker icon.
If you click on that, it should mute your computer.

Or if you open it, and click on the speaker icon in the little window that pops up from there, it will mute your computer. :D

I think they meant the sims computers not their own.
Top Secret Researcher
#5049 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 4:28 AM
Yes, the sims computer!

Anyway, it's all moo (TM Joey Tribbiani) at this point since as of now, the game has crashed.

I have never managed to get a game going where I played a sim going to a homeworld university. I tried in Anne Arbour and Evansdale (from simsreality), now in Riverview and in Riverblossom Hillls (kiwitea here at MTS).
Each of the saves, after about a sim week, they crash. It only ever happens when I play with a homeworld university. I wonder if it's the mod that changed the degrees to align better with the careers.

Instructor
#5050 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 5:34 AM
Twoftmama has many 'Shut the Flock Up' mods, this link is for the page that includes 'STFU Computer Games.'

Free registration required to view and download
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...ed-june-9-2012/
Page 202 of 385