Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 3:29 PM
Default Invisible Pieces
I have the game boards from here http://sims2.aroundthesims3.com/obj...dvent_2015.html.

They use the mah-jong table with invisible pieces, but as you can see in the pictures my pieces are showing blue. Does anyone know how to make them totally invisible?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 12:18 PM
Did you make a clone from the ATS tables?

Blue-flashing means the texture is missing, and/or the master mesh is missing.

You'd need a working texture for the pieces, then replace it with an invisible texture (empty PNG), set the "stdMatAlphaTestEnabled" in the TXMT to 1, and the "stdMatAlphaBlendMode" to "none", and you should have yourself a working invisible game piece.

There might be more to it, though, so if this doesn't work, you could post your files so we can have a look.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 3:15 AM
I actually used one of the ATS games that I'd never heard of and just replaced the game board mesh, so the tiles are the same ones that come with the ATS boards. All the pieces have an empty texture; some of them didn't have all the TXMT changes you noted, but I changed those and it didn't fix anything.

The tiles are invisible in some situations, for example, you cant see the tiles in the tile holders in front of each person. It's just the tiles when someone picks up or puts down a tile and when they shuffle all the tiles around on the table. When I previewed the meshes in SimPE you couldn't see anything, like it should be. XD

Thanks for the help.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 2:16 PM
So...the accessory pieces. Not sure you can edit them, without defaulting them. (yes, but it's complicated)
Think of them as the blocks from the toddler activity table, or the dolls from the doll house.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 4:04 PM
But I have edited the dolls from the dollhouse without making a default.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 5:15 PM
Oh! Well then if it is your problem, you'll be able to fix it no trouble.
I remember asking about modifying the accessory pieces that are spawned when an object is used, and the link I receive seemed to be complicated to follow. Maybe I am just remembering wrong.
Recoloring them is no problem, though I wanted to edit the meshes.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 7:40 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th Apr 2018 at 2:30 AM.
@Charity
If you clone an object that relies on object accessories (dollhouse with dolls, etc.) the object accessories need to be a separate object with its own GUID, or somehow incorporated in the main object (still with its own GUID), and the object need to call on that accessory's GUID in the BHAVs. That's how the custom dolls for dollhouses work, anyway.

I know how to clone and edit an existing dollhouse with custom dolls, and I assume the method would be similar for other objects like the chess/mahjong tables, but I don't know which resources need to be extracted, or whether just changing the GUID in the master object is enough to make it pick up the custom accessories.

The ATS tables seem to have standalone accessories, so cloning the table and the accessories separately, giving them new GUIDs, and change the GUIDs in the right BHAVs should be enough to fix it.

---

The tables (all of them) use the same accessory, which looks to be a custom mahjong accessory with the mesh removed (should show invisible ingame - but I haven't tried the tables so I can't say for sure how they look ingame). You should be able to clone it and add your own mesh and recolor without too many issues. Removing the mesh looks similar to making the object invisible with the texture, but I think it also removes sun shadows.

You will need to change several BHAVs. Since I'm still a BHAV noob I may have skipped over some so you should go over them again, but these are the ones you have to change. The number in the () is the last number in the GUIDs for the 3 accessories from ATS, and should be replaced with the corresponding new GUIDs you give your accessory objects. If you want to use the same ones as ATS, you shouldn't have to change them, but you have to keep the 3 files from ATS for the accessories to work.

0x0086C769 = ATS2_obj_mahjongtile
0x0086C76A = ATS2_obj_mahjongtilecommunal
0x0086C76B = ATS2_obj_mahjongtileplayer

GUIDs look a little strage in the Operands (basically pairs of numbers turned backwards), so 0x0086C76B would be 6B C7 86 00 in the first four boxes.

BHAVs:

Event - setup Tiles - 0x1 (1): create new object Instance (6B)

Event - Toss out tile - 0x7 (7): create new object Instance (69)

Function - Main - 0x2 (2): create new object Instance (6A)

Function - Prevent Place In Slot - 0x3 (3): Test Object Type (6A)
Function - Prevent Place In Slot - 0x5 (5): Test Object Type (6B)

It's also possile you have to fix this one (though it uses a different GUID. Possibly from the original table? I honestly don't know, could be ATS skipped over it by mistake?)

Event - pickup tiles - 0x7 (7): create new object Instance (0xF302B601)

----

(it's also possible to make the accessories recolorable, roughly the same way you'd make other objects recolorable, by adding a MMAT and editing the various other resources. It's not very practical, but if you happen to need this function for something, it can come in handy. I think it's possible to make several of the other ingame object accessories recolorable, too - it's been done with the cellphone, possibly a few others as well).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
0x0086C769 = ATS2_obj_mahjongtile
0x0086C76A = ATS2_obj_mahjongtilecommunal
0x0086C76B = ATS2_obj_mahjongtileplayer

Thanks. These 3 are the same for all the ATS board games, so they all call the same accessories. The visible parts show up on every custom game. I can only guess that they have missed some parts somehow. I'll have to poke around the BHAVs and see if I can make sense of them.

It is when they pick up tiles that the old mah-jong tile still shows, so it looks as if they may have missed that one. The one where they move them around on the table looks like a texture is wonky though.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 10:15 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th Apr 2018 at 10:58 AM.
@Charity

I cloned the original table and compared the GUIDs - it looks like the "Event - pickup tiles" calls on the same GUID as the "Event - Toss out tile" which is 0x0086C769 for the ATS tables. You could try to switch this one out.

I'm not sure if that would be enough, though. The mahjong table is a complicated object with lots of BHAVs meant to run smoothly, and a lot of accessories and extra objects called on, so there's a possibility something else also needs fixing. I did a search for the mahjong pieces, and it seems there are several more items that belong to the table.

I only searched for the GMDCs
accessoryMahjongTile (looks to be in the mahjongtile file), tableMahjongTiles (7 different, possibly already in the "tileplayer" and "tilecommunal" files), but I can't spot these anywhere: "mahjongtile1_material" (+2+3+4+5+) "mahjongtile6_material", "mahjongTileHidden" so I'm not sure if they're needed. Possibly if you were to switch them out for other, visible blocks.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 3:19 PM
It wasn't enough, bugger. The whole board has some weird tile calls; I don't really understand them. I might have to just put up with the pieces showing for now.