Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#10201 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 7:32 PM Last edited by LeeAlee : 15th Dec 2016 at 8:39 AM.
Sims autonomously praise specific books that are written in-game. I've had author Sims and experienced non-actives praising books they wrote. Today my Sim autonomously praised a book written by a non-active author. These Sims seem to keep better track of things than I do.

ETA: After playing this game for 6+ years, I only figured out tonight how to take prepared food to the parties of inactives. I always tried unsuccessfully to drag serving plates from my sim's inventory to a counter or table. Never noticed that 'set down' option when clicking on the food (or however it's worded). Derp
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#10202 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 1:48 PM
Meteors can strike even when your Sim is on vacation! I had a Sim bunking out on the steps at the Hot Springs Cave when the warning came that the sky looked dark. I immediately had him wake up and literally run for the hills! Then a meteor hit right where his tent had been. He lost his tent...but on the plus side, the biggest space rock that came from the meteor sold for 25,000 Simoleons!

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Site Helper
#10203 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 3:46 PM
If your sim is literally out in the middle of nowhere practicing snake charming, other sims will make the trek out there just to boo.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#10204 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 4:16 PM
I discovered that I was playing on the lowest resolution the whole time.
Lab Assistant
#10205 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
I just found out you can grab skill meters with moveobjects cheat on.... idk what im ever gonna need that function for but wtv

I don't understand exactly, how do you do that? I just tried, and nothing happens. Unless you mean mood meters, instead of skill meters? Those you can grab and drag with testingcheatsenabled...
Field Researcher
#10206 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riesen
I don't understand exactly, how do you do that? I just tried, and nothing happens. Unless you mean mood meters, instead of skill meters? Those you can grab and drag with testingcheatsenabled...

Curiosity got the best of me and I did it. Have your Sim do something that would cause the skill meter to show above their head, go to buy/build mode and activate the move objects on cheat. Then you can grab the meter. I moved it around but you can't raise or lower the level it drops down to when you grab it. You may want to Save or Save As before you do that, then close out your game session without saving again. Crazy stuff

Going back into live mode (with moveobjects off), the skill meter still works, even though it's behind my Sim at a lower level. The next skilling action in her queue caused the meter to return to its original position.
Lab Assistant
#10207 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LeeAlee
Curiosity got the best of me and I did it. Have your Sim do something that would cause the skill meter to show above their head, go to buy/build mode and activate the move objects on cheat. Then you can grab the meter. I moved it around but you can't raise or lower the level it drops down to when you grab it. You may want to Save or Save As before you do that, then close out your game session without saving again. Crazy stuff

Going back into live mode (with moveobjects off), the skill meter still works, even though it's behind my Sim at a lower level. The next skilling action in her queue caused the meter to return to its original position.

Huh, strange... thanks for testing it and clearing that up!
Field Researcher
#10208 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 11:53 PM
At the Laundromat, the following are found under Friendly social interactions when clicking on another Sim (who is also at the Laundromat):
*Talk About Detergents
*Gossip About the Sock Monster (cute)

Using the Holo-Computer that came with ITF, your Sim has the option to 'Look Up Friends on Holoweb' (including deceased friends). After looking them up, your Sim learns a new trait about the Sim.
Scholar
#10209 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 12:04 AM
That I can upgrade an umbrella. I usually have weather turned off, because of lag.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Field Researcher
#10210 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 8:09 PM
I learned that pregnancy can ruin marriage\relationship? As soon as my female sim's belly showed up-her husband rolled wish to divorce her and to move into a penthouse (which I found hilarious). Maybe It's coincidence,i have no clue. This never happened to me before. :D
Site Helper
#10211 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 12:28 AM
That weird necklace that looks like the person who made it must have been smoking something?

I just saw it on sale in Wal Mart.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#10212 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 2:03 AM
While I have had sims in the sculpting career before, I am only just now realizing that the sculpted gnomes (at least I'm assuming it's them) will complete unfinished sculptures for your sim while they are away. I have a single sim household and she sculpts as a hobby. If she leaves an unfinished sculpture while she's at work, there's a good chance it will be finished when she returns home. I don't think I've ever had that happen before. I normally have a fuller household, so the camera isn't often gone for long periods.
Mad Poster
#10213 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 3:25 PM
That sending a husband and wife to the movie theater will automatically send them on a date. The wife had a want to see a movie and since the husband wasn't doing anything I had him go with her. They had the little date heart over their head even though I hadn't chosen a date option. I have never seen that before.
Top Secret Researcher
#10214 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 9:38 PM
That neurotic sims are very amusing. (Never played with one before.)
Mad Poster
#10215 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
If you grab and delete the only sim in your household, you can simulate the "missing UI" error you sometimes get when traveling
I got the sim back by entering Edit Town, switching households and reselecting my household.
This is likely because simply deleting a sim doesn't remove it completely, unlike Master Controller's "Total Annihilation".

On that note, I got an empty UI once when sending a Sim family on vacation to their vacation home in France. I chose to Edit Home, clicked on their empty house, France automatically loaded back up...and my Sim family was back...though missing a day.

(I do have Twallan's mods too.)

More weirdness happened after that...after the older child transitioned to Teen, his mother had TWO versions of him (teen and child) in her relationship panel, with the child version recognized as her son--but grayed like off-world Sims are. Likewise the son, now a teen, had TWO versions of his mother in HIS panel...the one recognized as his mother was also grayed.

That was where I realized it was time to scrap it and start over....

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Alchemist
#10216 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
On that note, I got an empty UI once when sending a Sim family on vacation to their vacation home in France. I chose to Edit Home, clicked on their empty house, France automatically loaded back up...and my Sim family was back...though missing a day.

More weirdness happened after that...after the older child transitioned to Teen, his mother had TWO versions of him (teen and child) in her relationship panel, with the child version recognized as her son--but grayed like off-world Sims are. Likewise the son, now a teen, had TWO versions of his mother in HIS panel...the one recognized as his mother was also grayed.

That was where I realized it was time to scrap it and start over....

It's a pity when you spend so much time on a save, only for it to crap out :/ The way I've seen it explained, Sims are copied before traveling and only the copy "travels"; upon returning home, the traveling copy overwrites the Sim in the main neighborhood. It's possible that something went bad in your save and the copies overwrote the Sims back home but weren't deleted from the vacation world's NHD. Did you move the family to another world or start another save entirely?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#10217 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
It's a pity when you spend so much time on a save, only for it to crap out :/ The way I've seen it explained, Sims are copied before traveling and only the copy "travels"; upon returning home, the traveling copy overwrites the Sim in the main neighborhood. It's possible that something went bad in your save and the copies overwrote the Sims back home but weren't deleted from the vacation world's NHD. Did you move the family to another world or start another save entirely?

I never move Sims from one world to another and I only have one saved game at a time.

I thought I had Twallan's Traveler mod but I guess I didn't, I downloaded it and I have yet to install it. Maybe that'll help.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Scholar
#10218 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 10:33 PM
The vampire drinking animation when the sims are in a romantic relationship are so cute!
Mad Poster
#10219 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 2:03 AM
If, while on vacation, your Sim fixes something, they get paid for it. I've had a Sim unclog a toilet in a tomb and 40-odd Simoleons were added to the family funds.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#10220 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I never move Sims from one world to another and I only have one saved game at a time.

I thought I had Twallan's Traveler mod but I guess I didn't, I downloaded it and I have yet to install it. Maybe that'll help.

Even with Traveler I occasionally get a entirely blank UI when I send Sims on vacation. Traveler seems to reduce the instances of it happening (I often can send Sims on vacation without problems with Traveler but problems occasionally happen) but doesn't seem able to get rid of it completely.

What I discovered: playing my Sims based on characters from Kingdoms of Amalur makes me miss that game more (i had elbow surgery on my left arm last week and can't really play the game because it requires the use of the wasd keys and my use of my left arm is limited for the time being).
Lab Assistant
#10221 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 10:18 AM
I discovered that Oriole Pinkerton (nee Bird) of Appaloosa Plains must die. My sim runs a daycare, she comes to drop her kid off and for the past three sim days, she glitches out and just stands there, making it impossible to care for her kid because she hasn't finished the drop off, forcing me to reset her. My game crashed when people started dropping their kids off and I blame Oriole.

Icon made by me!
Alchemist
#10222 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 10:30 AM
The homework meter increases from Horrifying to Outstanding while your Sim is working on it!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#10223 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 12:50 PM
That makes it sound like homework is edible.
Forum Resident
#10224 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 3:06 PM
I finally heard about Adventureland, the weird empty test world version Sunset Valley that shipped with 1.69.

I'm not touching that patch with a barge pole, but wouldn't mind having the two Sims that come with it, if anyone has them.
Scholar
#10225 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 3:10 PM
The hell? This is my first time hearing of it. To google!
Page 409 of 490