Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#10251 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 10:36 PM
I always wondered about being able to fry bugs with the magnifier. I could never figure out how it was supposed to work.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Test Subject
#10252 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 11:15 PM
When it snows, Sims try to catch snowflakes with their tongue.
Forum Resident
#10253 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 11:50 PM
Apparently sims can find black holes, and they're worth a decent amount of simoleons!
Instructor
#10254 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I always wondered about being able to fry bugs with the magnifier. I could never figure out how it was supposed to work.

My private detective could do it having the Evil trait.
Maybe works too with Mean-spirited...?
Mad Poster
#10255 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Noki85
When it snows, Sims try to catch snowflakes with their tongue.

I've seen it happen with rain as well.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Site Helper
#10256 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 9:59 PM
My detective is mean spirited, so frying bugs works for both traits. It's an option on the bugs, along with 'catch'

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#10257 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 8:30 AM
I learned some of the fun glitches with World Adventures which, after rarely playing, I decided to explore a little more. (I've been playing Sims 3 only since 2015.) I read this expansion could be particularly glitchy. Yikes. I shudder to think what this EP was like before NRaas. My poor Sim had to deal with many a travail upon leaving Egypt, including losing her adventures from that trip entirely and meeting her twin upon her return. She's finally back with visa points in hand and twinless. I think she needs a vacation from her vacation.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#10258 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 5:08 PM
I'm a bit new to WA myself, and I found out that you can turn on testing cheats and fix a couple of the tombs. There's a spot in the Temple of Heaven, where you get Pangu's Axe, where there's a revolving door in a REALLY tight spot, I had to bring the wall out a little bit.

I also found out that it's a stupid idea to try out "Radius Purge" with Twallan's mod....oops....

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Site Helper
#10259 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 8:45 PM
Yeah, some of those tombs provide a very good reason to learn martial arts enough to teleport around.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#10260 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Yeah, some of those tombs provide a very good reason to learn martial arts enough to teleport around.

Or the ninja vanish potions from the logic skill for when you get stuck. I also use the ghost potion to go through walls when exploring tomes. You have to make them before you go on vacation, because there's no way to get a chemistry bench in vacation worlds.
Alchemist
#10261 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 10:28 PM Last edited by SuicidiaParasidia : 18th Jan 2017 at 10:46 PM.
Apparently, horses can get up on platforms and it's not a glitch.

Who would'a thunk it?

Quote: Originally posted by lfria
Apparently sims can find black holes, and they're worth a decent amount of simoleons!

*Flashbacks to Wayne Brady on Whose Line Is It Anyway for a rap bit singing...*
Wait, everybody, hey, have fun!
It's only a black hole, I've got one!

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10262 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 12:14 PM
I just discovered that my paper girl is trolling my Sim. My current house had the trash can in the backyard, which makes disposing of the old newspaper time-consuming as my Sim had to walk around the house after picking up the paper at the front. So I placed the can at the front. From that moment onwards the paper girl dropped the newspaper at the back door.
Test Subject
#10263 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 12:28 PM Last edited by demonic corndog : 19th Jan 2017 at 2:38 PM.
I accidentally discovered that you can make floor openings between two levels of basement using the platform tool.

This will be very useful for future builds.

Edit:
It only works when deleting using ctrl and the diagonal platform tool.
You can also apparently just use any floor tile to fill the hole again to get your desired shape.
Lab Assistant
#10264 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 12:35 PM
Discovered that if you click on a negative moodlet (like hunger, energy or bladder) the sim will go and fill that need, like going to eat, going to pee and to sleep. Not very useful but it's nice to know. :D
Mad Poster
#10265 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 6:04 PM Last edited by igazor : 19th Jan 2017 at 6:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I just discovered that my paper girl is trolling my Sim. My current house had the trash can in the backyard, which makes disposing of the old newspaper time-consuming as my Sim had to walk around the house after picking up the paper at the front. So I placed the can at the front. From that moment onwards the paper girl dropped the newspaper at the back door.

LOL, I'm going to assume if you place a recycle bin by the back door now, she will start throwing the paper up on the roof or into a treehouse just to teach you a lesson (of some kind).
#10266 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 7:39 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 19th Jan 2017 at 7:52 PM.
I think they are all part of some secret cult, because the paper girl in Dragon Valley always placed them in a circle at the very border of the lot's front, and a very neat one at that, and the one in Moonlight Falls always threw it under one of those bushes that don't fade when you move the camera closer in order to find it.

See?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#10267 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 8:14 PM
(Gasps) Those aren't newspapers. Those are Journalistic Gnomes congregating and wearing very clever disguises.
#10268 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 9:32 PM
Ah, and you mean the girls are just a tool for their nefarious plots?
#10269 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 6:41 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 22nd Jan 2017 at 1:16 AM.
I just discovered that while honey and beeswax count as fruit in the consignment skill they do not count as produce for the gardener career. (Although I've read somewhere that both still count as produce for the omniplant opportunity chain.)

Ah, and in case you're still interested. I changed household and the papergirl now places the paper neatly in the empty area between mailbox and front door. Trashcan and recycle bin are to the left and right of that area. I think she got the message now.

ETA: Well, I think I just found another use for beeswax. I'm pretty sure that my Sim had 4 pieces of beeswax in his inventory before he cooked Stu Surprise. Now there are only 2.
Top Secret Researcher
#10270 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 5:09 PM
Not really "discovered", just realized something...
My alien (love to play aliens! When I get one, I keep 'em! This one is half alien) got hold of a genie lamp!

Wished for happiness! Wished for beauty! What else? Money? You know he can drop space rocks and doesn't need money. Love? He's a teenager! (And I wasn't interested in the teenagers who showed up when he tried to wish it.)

"So, whadda wanna wish for?" Andy the Genie asked.

Lab Assistant
#10271 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 6:07 AM
I discovered that divorce can be undone via a smooth recovery. Major facepalm moment, too, although I like that there is a bit of a cooldown period after break-ups before those sims can become friends again.

omnis mundi creatura
#10272 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 8:58 PM
Just now I made a bizarre discovery. For several days I had wondered why inactive Sims had bladder problems on a diner/grocery community lot. There aren't any bathrooms or toilets on that lot and, as you may know, the bladder motive will not decay on community lots without any toilets present. But on this lot it did. The reason? Well, I had a cat litter box at the back of the building and apparently the game considers this a toilet for anyone and therefore allowed the bladder motive to decay.
Instructor
#10273 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 11:40 PM
Today I discovered that when you're using CASt to change your furniture, you can click and drag your selections onto other channels of the same item as well as onto other items in the area. *facepalm* I really wish I'd known this before I drove myself nearly crazy trying to match a bunch of wood patterns.
Scholar
#10274 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 11:53 PM
Seriously, orose? I'd been wishing for that capability!
Instructor
#10275 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Seriously, orose? I'd been wishing for that capability!

Same! Apparently it's been there all along, because I've only ever been on 1.67 (steam)
Page 411 of 490