Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 3:27 AM
Default So they make a new expansion pack....
Seeing as TS2 is still relatively popular, I was wondering: What if EA was to make a new expansion pack for old' time's sake, for like the 10th anniversary or something? Of course, this is just wishful thinking, but I'm interested in what people would want as one last add on to the game. Better yet, what would an new stuff pack you'd like to see?

I'm not sure what I'd want for an expansion pack, but as for a stuff pack I'd like to see, ah, more focus on the urban environments and fashions? Nightlife and Apartment Life were going in the right direction, but I'd like to see stuff for us urbanites expanded even more.

Discuss:

-If they were to make a new expansion pack, what would it be?
-Stuff pack?
-Sorry if this is a popular thread, I didn't see it on the first page of that forum.

That was not helpful, funny, or love!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 3:39 AM
That is a tough one. What haven't they covered that hasn't been in some way enabled by mods? I wouldn't mind a functionality based extension of the game making it so that Sims that go to community lots don't return home until time on the home lot has passed to the point that they had spent on the community lot, with uni students too. I know there is a mod for this but only for certain game configs.

I for one would like to see a complete collection with all expansions, stuff packs and any "exclusive" items including the TS2 store only items and the special items for preordering/buying from specific stores.

However that is not likely to happen. EA has gotten lazy. :'(

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 4:03 AM
There are so many threads like this. Seems like they pop up every few months or so. All wishful thinking, unfortunately.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 5:51 AM
I would be mad that it wouldn't ever be ported to Mac and so it would be yet more features (no Freetime or AL) I'd know about and miss out on.

Wishfully thinking though, I'd like farm animals with interactions like in pets but then taken to the next level. Must grow pasture for them, breed them, get milk/eggs to sell. I'd like new veggies and crops. I'd also like if there was a mode that allowed time progression through eras, unlocking different technologies, fashion, and building styles as you went. Think Civ series meets Sims. You could select one era to stick to or do a "historical" progression (yes, I realize that ancient cultures varied in geography not just time frame).
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 5:57 AM
I'm generally satisfied with the bases and themes EA covered with the EPs/SPs. BUT...a carnival-themed SP would be lots of fun. Or maybe one that expanded the sports/active portions of the game. Would've loved to see Sims playing volleyball and tennis or competing in swim meets.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hweldon81
I would be mad that it wouldn't ever be ported to Mac and so it would be yet more features (no Freetime or AL) I'd know about and miss out on.

Wishfully thinking though, I'd like farm animals with interactions like in pets but then taken to the next level. Must grow pasture for them, breed them, get milk/eggs to sell. I'd like new veggies and crops. I'd also like if there was a mode that allowed time progression through eras, unlocking different technologies, fashion, and building styles as you went. Think Civ series meets Sims. You could select one era to stick to or do a "historical" progression (yes, I realize that ancient cultures varied in geography not just time frame).

Oh dear lord I was so sad when I found out I can't get AL.

It's one of my favorites, if not my favorite.

That was not helpful, funny, or love!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BurgundyStars
I'm generally satisfied with the bases and themes EA covered with the EPs/SPs. BUT...a carnival-themed SP would be lots of fun. Or maybe one that expanded the sports/active portions of the game. Would've loved to see Sims playing volleyball and tennis or competing in swim meets.

I really wish for this as well along with more children items. Or just items in general that you can do things with and not have it be decorative or furniture.
Inventor
#8 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 7:39 AM
I'd like an expansion pack or stuff pack for babies/ toddlers/ children. They're my three favourite stages to play and I don't believe they have had enough attention.

Other than that, I think my computer has got all the sims it can handle. xD
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 10:33 AM
I definitely wouldn't wish for an EP, but a SP might've been cool as a 10th anniversary-type-thing... maybe something like converted objects from TS1 and TS3, like a nostalgia/the-new-era thing. Definitely all wishful thinking though, I'm pretty sure EA has shelved TS2 permanently.

And all the Naaru say I'm pretty fly for a Draenei!
LiveJournal - Tumblr
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 10:35 AM
Sims Through The Ages, with period themed subhoods, a bit like the Bon Voyage vacation destinations, where you can only use items from that time period. Or maybe Sims Medical, where your sims can go to hospital for broken bones and disease. They could even finish the 'have a baby at hospital' code they started. New aspirations would be nice too, and a recolour tool for clothes. You know how when you buy furniture, you can then choose a recolour? I want that for clothes. I love my clothes, but scrolling through pages of identical clothing meshes with different colours is annoying. Oh, and there should be a search bar in the catalogue. Of course, in addition to new stuff, I'd like old bugs to be fixed and game-killing things to be disabled. No more deleteallcharacters, and deleting from the sim bin would either be fixed or not an option.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 2:11 PM Last edited by aUserName : 21st Feb 2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Llamas
I can think of so many types of eps. All of these would exist in my perfect universe. (Warning! Wall of text ahead. )

Sims 2: Making History This ep would allow sims to live in different time periods and neighborhoods would progress through time. (I know this idea is too big for an ep, but I would love to have it.)

Sims 2: At the Office A work ep with sandbox tools so the player could create and play an office like environment (not like the scripted Ambitions gameplay.) There would be a generic system for performing office work and progressing on the job. There would also be special work items. I’m imaging a water cooler item that sims gossip around and a copy machine that is always malfunctioning (knew death by copy machine malfunction—ghost would look like they’re covered in ink.) Also, the ability to raise your work progress bar by doing paper work or schmooze your boss. Sims would have to apply to get a job and the player could set the boss and rank of each employee. When the player plays the the boss the boss can manage the running of the office. The ep would also come with a few career specific items like items for a doctor’s office.

Sims 2: Family Life A parenting and family life ep. It would have a parenting system. For example, the player could choose among a few styles of parenting like authoritative parent or attachment parent. These would affect automatous actions, give your sim knew social interactions with their kids and sims raised with a specific style would get a related benefit when they grew up. The ep would also allow parents to disciple kids and to teach skills like cooking or driving. And, it would come with new animated items for building family friendly community lots like a fast food restaurant or amusement park items.

Sims 2: Farming A farming ep. This would include barn animals like cows and chickens, which the player could milk or collect eggs from. Horses that sims could ride. New crops and maybe a tractor to tend them with. The ability to turn milk from your cows into butter or cheese. A bee hive that you could manage and use to make honey or wax candles. Also, it would have items to make a country fair like carnival games. You could also enter barn animals in county fair contests.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 4:13 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 24th Apr 2012 at 3:01 PM.
The Sims 2 Farm Life or The Sims 2 Countryside Life Expansion Pack:

Description:
Are your sims tired of the hustle and bustle of their old lame cities? Are they tired from not having a window with a perfect view? Do your sims want to expericne something different in life? Well, this is it! Move your sims out of those polluted homes and get them to live in the country side where the breeze is calming, life is smooth and most importanly: to live the country side with a bunch of new farm animals and crops to grow!

Features:
- New farm animals, that breed, grow, die and are a source of food. The main feature here are horses! And Llamas too!
-The Breeze effect! YES! You can now have winds that cause trees to move and blow things around (like old newspapers, papers, leaves, etc...). Also, you can now view birds flying!
- New plants to grow
-"Power is out!" scenario! What can you do when there is no power for several hours to keep your sims happy?
- New crops to grow and trees!
- New objects!
- New lot sizes, even larger than the usual limit (and even smaller)! How are you supposed to make a farm if you dont have enough space?
- Crops and animals can be sold through a business (if OFB is installed).
- Air conditioners that actually blow air with a sound effect, also (if Seasons is installed, they can be used to cool sims down.
- New wall coverings and floors.
- Most importantly: a new NEIGHBORHOOD! With families and those who recently moved in to start a new life.
- A new aspiration: Creatvity! Let's see how creative your sims can be!
- Sims can now visit each other's homes!
- And much more surprises!

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 4:34 PM
I'm sure I've said it before, and it'll never happen but I'd love to see a Sims 2: Fairy Tales or Superheroes expansion. I was a bit disappointed to find out there was no equivalent of Makin' Magic for Sims2. I miss pet dragons, and sims getting into trouble for talking about magic to the muggles. As for superheroes, it seemed to me that a lot of the crazy things that happen in simland (getting hit by satellites, meteorite strikes, lightning, lab accidents etc) ought to give sims superpowers.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 4:56 PM
Oh how I wish!

EPs: I love the idea of a progressing neighborhood. Ie: Sims must start out with hardly anything in an ancient world ( like MS Age of Empires, and not like Castaway which was too easy and too modern.) As Sim time goes by and depending on skills earned by ancient ways and objects they progress to the next ERA and so on.

Too big for an EP but I would love that. No TV, No radio, no cell phone, no power, no water, dig a potty/latreine...no electronics... not until way up into the '30's-'50's with all kinds of different fun objects that would have pertained to what people did in ancient times, or much later, as time progressed to enjoy themselves.

Stick ball? King ball? Hack a Sack?

Perhaps Time Travel into more futuristic worlds/ time periods....and having the option to stay or go home. An alien world, when your Sim is abducted you are taken there. If you do something taboo in that world your Sim is put to death or plead to save them somehow. Really creepy aliens, not just green regular Sims, these have powers human Sims can't have. And much more than the Plant People or Vamps etc. They can mind read, teleport, become invisible, zap you when they are angry, take over your Sim body and live through your Sim, and screw up their life, and much more.

Urban cities, with streets back to back inbetween buildings giving it a feeling and look of an urban big city, with more traffic, hailing a taxi, no longer calling for one over the phone. Actually seeing your Sim thumb for one, as one passes by. Back Alleys, and muggers on the streets, dirty faces, dirty clothes, piles of laundry to do, lectured for getting dirty, going to the mirror and seeing dirt smudges on your Sim's face.

Messed up hair when you get up and having to comb your hair! Apply makeup etc. More to life animations.

Joining a football game, and actually seeing your Sim play with others on a field. Volley ball at the beaches, keeping score, Big Score board with the scores of home team (Pleasantview agains Veronaville etc.) Base ball games, either going to one or playing in one.

Sorry for the long post but ya, my mind wanders in all directions and ideas for Sims.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 5:08 PM
Zoos, where your Sim can visit buy some popcorn and have fun, stay all day. Ride a skytram or the thingy like at Disney world.... Theme Parks, with lots of rides and haunted houses etc. Where they can buy suvoniers, and win prizes at venues by shooting at ducks or throwing darts to burst balloons etc. New Careers: TV Anchor, well known in the hood and new options to ask the TV personal out and about in the hood, envents in the hood or news about other Sims...and actually get the down lo that mere gossip doesn't cover.

Camping, hiking for real up mountains and cliffs, repelling, being able to put your Sim feet in a pool of water near by to cool off, Jungles, and animals that might jump out and eat your Sim. Sorry, I could go on all day.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 7:08 PM
Although wishful thinking I'd like to see .....
Sims Sports Life.....
New Area with stadiums for Hockey, Baseball, Basketball, Football and Soccer.
Sims can play a realistic game of baseball, football etc, or be the biggest fan!
New items (Team jerseys, memorabilia decorative items)
New Jobs (not just an athletic career path but Football player, Baseball player, Coach, trainer (Sports medicine) parking lot security, OFB souvenir stands and concession stands)
New Career rewards - A gold glove? The Sim Lombardi Trophy? The Simmly Cup?
New interactions - Team Cheer like the school cheer.
Ability to have more than 40 people in one lot. ( I know there is a hack for this)
New items - like the team bus, subway system (like late night for TS3) new clothes/meshes
New Channels on the TV, new channels on the radio for sports fans.
Crazy build and purchase items - more over the top than what's out there - athletes making crazy money need crazy things to spend it on - Solid gold doors, diamond faucets, rare wood furniture, endangered species rugs all costing a fortune.
A new interaction between sims who are fans of different teams - think Red Sox and Yankees fans in a room together....

It'll never happen but you never know someone here may be resourceful enough to make something like this a reality.

Remember Making Magic for TS1 was released long after TS2 was on the market....
Field Researcher
#17 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 7:14 PM
I want birds outside, that my sims can feed in a bird house.. Now *that* would be awesome!

Otherwise, I'm all for a Farm Experience expansion :D

Oh! and bicycles and MCs!

...and birds!

Hi, I'm Camilla, and I'm a Sims 2 addict!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 8:02 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 21st Feb 2012 at 8:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GEGNER
for like the 10th anniversary or something?

When's the tenth anniversary? is it supposed to be this year? i dont think so...
Scholar
#19 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aUserName
I can think of so many types of eps. All of these would exist in my perfect universe. (Warning! Wall of text ahead. )

Sims 2: Making History (...)

Sims 2: At the Office (..)

Sims 2: Family Life (...)

Sims 2: Farming (...)

Get out of my mind. I want all of these SO BADLY.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aUserName
Sims 2: At the Office A work ep with sandbox tools so the player could create and play an office like environment (not like the scripted Ambitions gameplay.) There would be a generic system for performing office work and progressing on the job. There would also be special work items. I’m imaging a water cooler item that sims gossip around and a copy machine that is always malfunctioning (knew death by copy machine malfunction—ghost would look like they’re covered in ink.) Also, the ability to raise your work progress bar by doing paper work or schmooze your boss. Sims would have to apply to get a job and the player could set the boss and rank of each employee. When the player plays the the boss the boss can manage the running of the office. The ep would also come with a few career specific items like items for a doctor’s office.

we can also add to what you wrote the "Dead Boss" Scenario that was removed: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Non-play...er#Removed_NPCs
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 9:46 PM
I totally agree with M.M.A.A.! I'd love to have more crops and some farm animals - just don't know if I could kill them for food, though...

Now, I know this might sound silly, but... did any of you ever think about starting some sort of petition asking for a new Sims 2 EP and send it to the EA people? I know it's a long shot, but TS3 doesn't seem to be half as popular - therefore, not as profitable either - as TS2, so a new EP would benefit everyone!!!

Now back to real life...
Mad Poster
#22 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PaulaMestre
Now, I know this might sound silly, but... did any of you ever think about starting some sort of petition asking for a new Sims 2 EP and send it to the EA people?

Petitions hardly work unless you get a ridiculous amount of signatures. The petition would need at least 500,000 signatures to show EA that this new EP would make them more money than it costs to design it.

Anyway, while I do wish there were more EPs for TS2, especially ones that introduce a few of the features that TS3 currently has, I just don't think that EA will design a new one now that the majority of the fan base has moved onto TS3.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#23 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LilGeek
I want birds outside, that my sims can feed in a bird house.. Now *that* would be awesome!

Birds and squirrels.

Quote:
we can also add to what you wrote the "Dead Boss" Scenario that was removed: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Non-play...er#Removed_NPCs

Interesting, I knew there was a boss scenerio, but I never knew it involved a death.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LilGeek

Otherwise, I'm all for a Farm Experience expansion :D

Oh! and bicycles and MCs!

...and birds!

There are custom MC's available for TS2. I know I've seen them because I have them.... Where in heck did I get them?..... I don't think it was Vovilla or here....

Nowhere is a hack for outside birds in pets or something? No recolors of indoor pets? No hack to let indoor birds fly free? Somewhere I remember seeing something relating to this. But again my memory has failed me.
Scholar
#25 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starryeyedSim
Zoos, where your Sim can visit buy some popcorn and have fun, stay all day. Ride a skytram or the thingy like at Disney world.... Theme Parks, with lots of rides and haunted houses etc. Where they can buy suvoniers, and win prizes at venues by shooting at ducks or throwing darts to burst balloons etc. New Careers: TV Anchor, well known in the hood and new options to ask the TV personal out and about in the hood, envents in the hood or news about other Sims...and actually get the down lo that mere gossip doesn't cover.

Camping, hiking for real up mountains and cliffs, repelling, being able to put your Sim feet in a pool of water near by to cool off, Jungles, and animals that might jump out and eat your Sim. Sorry, I could go on all day.

Sounds cool, I vote for that. I also like the Farm idea.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 2