Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Beautiful Dinosaur
#126 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meesha1971
I need to find an empty lot for Seasons - G001. I got the one for G002, but the link for G001 was no longer valid. There are quite a few broken links there - looks like that hasn't been updated in a while.

http://download406.mediafire.com/dz...mHills-G001.rar

I found this in the history of my downloads.... I never managed to get the whole empty hood thing to work, but this is an empty G001

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bellasaurus
http://download406.mediafire.com/dz...mHills-G001.rar

I found this in the history of my downloads.... I never managed to get the whole empty hood thing to work, but this is an empty G001

Thanks.

I found a link in that thread with a list of all the links for cleaned hoods from the base game through AL. Seems to be more comprehensive than the links given in the thread.

http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/36433.html

And there is a mediafire link that has all the empty hoods from the base game through AL as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=...788992b4e85b98b

Hope that helps anyone who was having trouble finding them like I was.
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 20th May 2011 at 6:24 PM
This whole not deleting sims from the sim bin thing is infuriating, only because why the eff did they put the little trash can there if using it *will* corrupt your game?? I only ever found out this was a problem by randomly coming across someone mentioning it in a forum thread-- after having deleted sims willy-nilly for years. Because there was a trash can right there! Implying that deleting sims from the sim bin was a valid option! Which it apparently is not! Curse you, EAxis! Whyyyyy?!! :shakes fists at sky:

Off to spend a long afternoon on SimPE, rescuing famblies.
Instructor
#129 Old 20th May 2011 at 9:36 PM
Apparently, it is one of the (many) orphaned options EAxis (half-way) coded into the game. There are quite a number of other issues like this that experienced modders have taken upon themselves to rectify, but his one requires an alchemy beyond any reckoning. It is just doomed to failure.
Mad Poster
#130 Old 20th May 2011 at 10:08 PM
EAxis should have considered the problem by first testing the games on several ' different types of computers' then allow to be in the market!

'System Analysis' chapter from grade 8, i think.
Site Helper
#131 Old 20th May 2011 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
EAxis should have considered the problem by first testing the games on several ' different types of computers' then allow to be in the market!
Most of these problems have nothing to do with what kind of computer you have. They are just bad design that EA never bothered to fix.
Mad Poster
#132 Old 20th May 2011 at 10:13 PM
As far as the families in the Sim Bin, if I don't want my Sims to bring them home, I just go into SimPE and make them unemployed. Children, though...once in a while a child will bring a Newson kid home, but oh well. I just treat Sim Bin families as townies. In fact, I'm considering just making them townies with SimBlender.

BTW...what happens if you make ALL Sims on a lot townies? What happens to the lot?
Mad Poster
#133 Old 20th May 2011 at 10:14 PM
Reply to Mootilda:
But that is what i meant. If you look in the first page the guy with name 'praying for my game no to crash, blah blah,' said that it causes glitches, at least that is wat i understood
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 21st May 2011 at 12:16 AM
In my new neighborhood, I'm going to straight murder as many Maxis sims as I can find. And then I will send their tombstones to the ugliest cemetery I can create. I've got Paladin's many weapons. I am prepared. Vengeance!
Mad Poster
#135 Old 21st May 2011 at 12:18 AM
Scholar
#136 Old 21st May 2011 at 12:51 AM
My Strangetown is slowly heading for the great fireball, but I'm going to play it until it happens. I back up my game frequently and plan on using a combination of SimPE cloning and the SimBlender to recreate the town with all of its families -- and their family ties -- intact. I don't have that many families, so it really won't be a big deal.

I also plan on having one character hold all of the urns in their inventory, to prevent that "disappearing gravestones" glitch from occurring.
Mad Poster
#137 Old 21st May 2011 at 12:56 AM
can u gives more detail about your glitch? just in case...
Scholar
#138 Old 21st May 2011 at 1:42 AM Last edited by Aegagropilon : 21st May 2011 at 2:41 AM.
The disappearing gravestones one?

Sometimes all of the gravestones vanish for good. I assume that it's Not A Good Thing, though the family ties have (thankfully) remained intact and the characters whose gravestones have disappeared still show up on family trees. It happened for me after I installed Open For Business. It also made the Gothier Green Lawns lot Downtown unable to be clicked from neighborhood view.

(I converted the former graveyard space at Olive's house into a pool after all the gravestones vamoosed. Olive, her long-time boyfriend, and his hula zombie coworkers love it :D)
Mad Poster
#139 Old 21st May 2011 at 3:23 AM
I saw a tutorial on how to respawn graves that have disappeared from another site. It works, and I've saved some of the graves I thought I had lost:

http://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/26093.html

I found that using the batbox and Insimenator works just as well as does the mind-control mirror and the resurrection hack. I don't have pets, so it didn't require a special resurrection mod to do it with.
Forum Resident
#140 Old 21st May 2011 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
BTW...what happens if you make ALL Sims on a lot townies? What happens to the lot?

Live mode gets disabled; anything left on the lot remains behind and you can save and exit like on a normal lot. Ever had the last uni sim on a college lot graduate? It works exactly like that.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Mad Poster
#141 Old 21st May 2011 at 3:26 PM
Or like you had the last Sim die? I thought it might be something like that.
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 21st May 2011 at 4:20 PM
I have made and deleted so many versions of myself in the game from the Bin as well as a few other Sims and have never seen any huge issues. I like creating and re-creating Sims over and over. Hearing this is going to take the creativity out of the game for me if I have to reinstall every time I want a new custom Sim.
Mad Poster
#143 Old 21st May 2011 at 4:23 PM
I agree with u Erica, i even moved sims with their houses into the houses and lots bin
Scholar
#144 Old 21st May 2011 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EricasBold9780
I have made and deleted so many versions of myself in the game from the Bin as well as a few other Sims and have never seen any huge issues. I like creating and re-creating Sims over and over. Hearing this is going to take the creativity out of the game for me if I have to reinstall every time I want a new custom Sim.

Well you've been very lucky if you've deleted that many Sims with no problems. Although you probably do have them they just haven't gotten to the unmanageable state yet. You could still recreate Sims just kill off the old ones and stick their tombstones in a cemetery instead of deleting them. Just as easy to do without the horrible repercussions.

Personally there is nothing worse to me than getting emotionally involved with a neighborhood only to have it blow up in the 3rd or 4th generation. Having blown up a couple of them I speak from first hand experience, and when they get unmanageable the end comes quickly. Suddenly you have Sims that disappear, Sims that freeze and can't move, pets that sink into the floor and whole lot of weird glitches.
Instructor
#145 Old 21st May 2011 at 4:58 PM
Quote:
Hearing this is going to take the creativity out of the game for me if I have to reinstall every time I want a new custom Sim.

I don't think that's what anyone is saying. If you delete Sims/tombstones in a neighborhood that you are playing, you will most likely start to have game problems and need to re-start the hood. But you wouldn't have to reinstall the game. If you keep your creating and deleting separate from your 'game hood' (by using Body Shop or the CAS of a different neighborhood) you won't have those issues.

But I could also be completely misunderstanding what you're saying.
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 22nd May 2011 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmesqualor
I don't think that's what anyone is saying. If you delete Sims/tombstones in a neighborhood that you are playing, you will most likely start to have game problems and need to re-start the hood. But you wouldn't have to reinstall the game. If you keep your creating and deleting separate from your 'game hood' (by using Body Shop or the CAS of a different neighborhood) you won't have those issues.

But I could also be completely misunderstanding what you're saying.

I'm saying that I have played TS2 since it came out and that I have never had any problems deleting Sims IN GAME before (Sim Bin). The fact that it can eventually cause problems takes the creativity out of the game. I LOVE creating custom Sims and if I can't delete them because I get tired of them, then that's when I need to find a new game that allows this.
Mad Poster
#147 Old 22nd May 2011 at 8:28 AM Last edited by gazania : 22nd May 2011 at 9:18 AM.
I guess what puzzles me is that you can delete all the Sims you want ... just not from the Sim Bin. I was one of those who found out the hard way why that is a bad idea. I wound up with disappearing Sims and $Subject memories a couple of years after I deleted my last Sim from the Sim Bin. I had to reset the neighborhood, BTW, not reinstall the game. While yes, one gets over this when it happens (life goes on ... real life, that is), if one is attached to the pixel dollies in a neighborhood, deleting from the Bin really is a risky move.

A few years ago, I thought that people advising others not to delete from the Sim Bin was being overly cautious, and that I proved that you could do so safely. It turned out I was not so lucky. But I wouldn't discard the game because of this limitation with deleting Sims. Most games have some sort of limitations. I just learned to work around the limitation, and found out that cow-planting Sims was a fun way to get rid of pixel oop-ses.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#148 Old 22nd May 2011 at 12:23 PM
Erica, you can always turn your sims into townies when you get tired of them.

If you really get tired of sims that often, though, resetting the neighborhood periodically shouldn't be a big deal for you, anyway.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 22nd May 2011 at 3:28 PM
Thanks. I googled how to do that and found the thread explaining what I need to do.
Test Subject
#150 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 7:57 PM
Question: What about changing family ties, such as through the Insiminator family tree? Does that mess stuff up? I figure my neighborhoods are all already doomed anyhow, but there seems no way around it XD.
Page 6 of 22