Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#26 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 2:25 AM
Thanks Delphy I like this feature, maybe I need to go on a downloads diet, for it truly show me that I am very "addicted" to what MTS have to offer it's members. I am also proud to say yes I have always thank the creators for their work.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 4:19 PM
Thank you for the My Downloads-feature! I missed it and now it's great to have it back!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#28 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 6:53 PM
Thanks Delphy! I try to thank all the creators because I know how much work is involved in making stuff. I saw that I had missed one - probably due to me changing off the page before it had completed. I appreciate being able to see these stats. :0)

Good thing this doesn't go back too many years or I'd be still looking through all the pages.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#29 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 8:18 AM
Its great to have this back - I always missed it. Thank you very much D...am at 98% thanks - (am sure I didn't download that thing - don't even have the EP.....) BUT ANYWAY - is awesome

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#30 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 2:58 PM
I am totally happy about the return of 'My Downloads'! And showing updates is like icing on the cake.

Also, I think it will be good for creators and the site to have downloads available to guests. Soooo much more traffic.

Thanks Delphy!!
Inventor
#31 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 4:07 PM
Aww, I was checking to see how many I had forgot to thank, thanked them.. and noticed one download that I can't do anything with. One of the install helpers. Now I'm stuck on 99 %
Well.. at least now someone will now I've downloaded it and that it's a nice program
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#32 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 4:21 PM
Hrm, I should probably remove the Helper Monkey from the list, since it's tagged.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 9:47 PM
Yay! Thanks for re-enabling the My Downloads; been a long time since that's been around! Having quit TS2 ~2 years back & gotten a new PC in the meantime, I lost most of my old downloads and so am slowly rebuilding my DL folder from the ground up (just can't stay away lol, but dear god, no 15GB again x__x; *shudder*). This will certainly help make things easier for my oldfart brain to keep organized! Plus, to make it even better, now we even can see if we've got updates to do? Y'all are awesome. Thanks so much! :D

( Quick question, though -- how do you access the page when the navbar links at the top don't work? I've tried checking the site archive/map & checked my profile's options > edit panel already & can't seem to find My Downloads directly; perhaps I'm just old/blind and missed it somewhere? x3)

(( ))
// \\ Pass the pink ribbon around if you know someone living with, has survived, or passed away from cancer.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#34 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 11:44 PM
It's intuitively named - www.modthesims.info/mydownloads.php. That said.. how come the navbar links don't work for you? Java issue?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#35 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 2:16 AM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 13th Jan 2011 at 2:30 AM.
What about threads deleted by their creators? (There's one that says I didn't thank, but clicking on it says it's been deleted. ) Should they be allowed to show up in the list?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
#36 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 2:39 AM
I have the same issue as MSB... I have Lee's Medieval Door Centred on 2 Tiles on my list, yet I can't do anything with it. So I'm stuck at %99. :/
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 7:56 AM Last edited by chainedbyroses : 13th Jan 2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Removed headsup about the spampost above me
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
It's intuitively named - www.modthesims.info/mydownloads.php. That said.. how come the navbar links don't work for you? Java issue?

Thank you kindly for the quick reply & link; for whatever reason my dingdong brain didn't think of that ^^;

As for the links not working, hell if I know. None of them work at all for me; just to get into this thread here took me about an hour and a half of manual url-guessing/playing link-tag; took me about two hours to find/get to the forums last night to look around for anyone else with the problem (only one I could find had their problem miraculously fix itself when they defragged. :/).

I'm not sure it's a Java issue, seeing as my Java and everything else on this pc is up-to-date & functioning. I've cleared my cache, rebooted, deleted cookies, logged in and logged off and relogged in, closed/removed/reinstalled/restarted NoScript/ABP, everything that the only [archived] thread (Dec '09?) suggested; thus far no dice whatsoever. Ultimately, the best I can conclude is just that technology hates me lol (& I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact it'll never work for me like it should). XD;;

(( ))
// \\ Pass the pink ribbon around if you know someone living with, has survived, or passed away from cancer.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#38 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rikachu
I have the same issue as MSB... I have Lee's Medieval Door Centred on 2 Tiles on my list, yet I can't do anything with it. So I'm stuck at %99. :/

Thanks for wanting to thank Rik

Sadly, I got a report that that door is causing game crashes - the same way windows do - so I "tagged" it for fixing.

I did this so people would not download it and break their game. If this is NOT causing a game crash I would like to know so I can untag it - and not have to bother fixing it.

Yours lazily, Leefish

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#39 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 10:20 PM
Thanks to whomever fixed it.

Since Vera Marina is removing her uploads, they no longer show up in the list.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 1:22 AM
ty !!! i keep forgetting my password so it really helps :'[
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 7:33 PM
Nice, really nice! Especially this:

Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
and shows if those items have been updated, in addition to whether or not you have thanked the item in question.

When I update my uploads I always worry that those who've downloaded them won't be aware of it, so this will hopefully help, if that's the case.
And also, at the feature showing if you've thanked your downloads = . Apparently I've only thanked 38% of mine... Well, I'm off to increase that number to 100 now.

Test Subject
#42 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 1:08 AM
Genius! My Downloads'll be hugely helpful, especially with updating cc after patches - and for notifying creators when I find an unexpected glitch, or when something turns out to be even MORE wonderful than I expected. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 5:12 PM
Great thing.
I think the ability to thank directly from this page would be awesome- I know it sounds lazy, but it would be really practical : )
Forum Resident
#44 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 1:03 AM
Is there a way to remove entry in My Downloads? Thank you. I like this feature very much. In the past, I used to use subscribed threads to keep my downloaded stuff stay updated. Now I can use this. Thanks again.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#45 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 8:00 AM
anak_ponti: No, there is no way to remove an entry, yet. It's meant to be a history of everything you download. If more people want a delete or clear history option, I could probably add one.

Field Researcher
#46 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 6:32 AM
Not to be naggy, but is the issue with the link being nonexistent in Moddeth Thine Sims going to be fixed? It's really annoying to have to switch styles (or remember the link...I keep having to look it up) just to get to My Downloads.

Diving into delerium yet again.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 5:08 PM
I noticed something: When I click on "Last Modified" I expect that my downloads are sorted by Update time. It does put them in a new order, but it's not chronological. First entry ist updated on Sep 22, 2010, the second one on Oct 30, 2009, the third entry on Oct 27, 2010.

It would be great if my downloads could be sorted by update time, so I can easily see if anything has beed updated.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#48 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 8:04 PM
Killc*a: Thanks for the heads up. It worked fine on my page but I think that's becuase of the date of the downloads I had gotten. Turned out it was sorting in standard text sort, becuase it couldn't parse the dates properly.

Anyway thats now fixed, and I've added another column that marks whether or not you have update for a download after it's, well, been updated.

Field Researcher
#49 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 9:03 PM
That was quick! Thank you, Delphy! This is very useful.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
No, there is no way to remove an entry, yet. It's meant to be a history of everything you download. If more people want a delete or clear history option, I could probably add one.

I'm not sure about a clear history option, but an option to remove certain downloads from the list would be awesome. I know on my DL list, I've got some decorative washers and dryers from last April that I know I will never redownload now that I've got Ambitions. It would also be good for those who DL one version of a mod from one person and then download a similar one from another person when the next patch hits and the original modder doesn't update.
Page 2 of 3