Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 12:54 AM
Default Game of thrones
say what you think about this amazing serie.

I watched the serie 2 Times, and read the book 1, and I'm finishing the second book waiting for the second season. How about you?
My favorite character was Eddard Stark.
I really hate the lannisters, but the worst is Joffrey, beacuse he killed Eddard Stark

Do you watched the TV serie or read the books?

Who is your favorite character?
what is you favorite scene?
who you hate more?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 2:06 AM
I also liked Eddard Stark best. I'm hoping another character will rise to take his place next season. I haven't read the books, so I don't know what will happen yet.

Side note: You might want to put "Spoilers" in the title of this thread if you're going to include them in the first post.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 3:07 AM
YES! LOVE!

I've read all the books that have been released so far. Its been my favourite series ever for a long time now. Even my username is taken from the series (A song of Ice and Fire). Alayaya is an incredibly minor character (she hardly even counts as a character at all really) but I've always loved the name.

My favourite characters are Jon and Tyrion. I also love Arya and Bran and

My least favourite characters are Lysa Aryn, Catelyn Stark, and Cersei

Eagles may soar, but bunnies don't get sucked into jet engines
Alchemist
#4 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 3:35 AM
alayaya: I saw your name around before and thought that was chosen from the book.

I started reading about the series several months before it came on and I thought it looked very good, so I read the first book. LOVED it and just had to read the others! I'm now on the 5th...which I'm putting off reading, because I don't want to be in the position where I am waiting for the 6th...haha. Plus, it's just not starting off all that exciting so far, and I've heard that once it begins to really pick up, it ends. Still, I will need to make that judgement for myself. I also heard the 4th book wasn't that great, but to me it was my favourite, after the 3rd.

I know I should hate Cersei but I don't, she's probably my favourite character. Not that I'm rooting for her by any stretch of the imagination, but I LOVE how paranoid and damaged she is. All she does, she does for the survival of her family/self/children. She just goes about it so deviously and mercilessly. That's not very obvious in the show yet... the 4th book is what made me fall for her (and Jamie too). But I guess I should pretend I've only seen the first season of the show, or else I'll wind up spoiling things....since my other favourite characters are Brienne of Tarth, and Davos Seaworth, both of whom will be in season 2.

But as far as the show's characters so far: I love Bran, (in the book too), Arya, and Eddard. Least favourites: Jon (Sorry...! He just sort of annoys me a bit...)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
I know I should hate Cersei but I don't, she's probably my favourite character. Not that I'm rooting for her by any stretch of the imagination, but I LOVE how paranoid and damaged she is. All she does, she does for the survival of her family/self/children. She just goes about it so deviously and mercilessly. That's not very obvious in the show yet... the 4th book is what made me fall for her (and Jamie too). But I guess I should pretend I've only seen the first season of the show, or else I'll wind up spoiling things....since my other favourite characters are Brienne of Tarth, and Davos Seaworth, both of whom will be in season 2.

But as far as the show's characters so far: I love Bran, (in the book too), Arya, and Eddard. Least favourites: Jon (Sorry...! He just sort of annoys me a bit...)

I do agree with you about Cercei being a really interesting character. She is just SO frustrating.... I think The Hound is another really interesting character. He comes accross as cruel and horrible, but he has a decent side too.

You know who else I like? Margaery Tyrell. I'm really excited to see how the show approaches her character next season. I also LOVE her grandmother Olenna Redwyne.

Alchemist
#6 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 3:50 AM
Yeah, The Hound is awesome.

Another favourite: Aeron Greyjoy. Adored his chapters in the 4th book. I love the whole concept of the drowned men, etc.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 6:27 PM
I said some of this in the other GOT thread, so sorry to repeat myself. I haven't read any of the books, only watched the series, so don't know how the characters differ between the two. My favorites from the beginning were Arya and Tyrion - Arya because of her fighting spirit, Tyrion because he's a survivor and funny. Then as the series went along I became smitten with Ser Jorah Mormont .
I understand why there has to be a character like Eddard Stark, but I didn't like him very much. He kind of stupidly leads his family into danger and stupidly tries to expose the fact that Joffrey isn't what's-his-name's son, instead of using his head and chilling out. At first my most hateds were Joffrey and Viserys, but by the end it was Petyr Baelish.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 9:26 PM
Love love love the series (both the TV show and books)
I'm almost done reading the 3rd book.

Fave characters: Jon, Arya, Eddard, Tyrion, Jamie, Sandor Clegane
Hate: Cersei, Joffrey, Theon Greyjoy, Gregor Clegane
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 2:49 AM
Ugh! I forgot about Viserys. I hated him most of all.

good thing he got that crown...

Alchemist
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 6:23 AM
So has everyone seen the season 2 premiere? I loved every second of it!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 6:13 AM
I just watched the entire first series and the two episodes that are out for season two. I really enjoyed them and now I have to wait till Sunday. I don't have hbo so I'll have to wait till it gets on the internet.
Hated Characters- Cersei, Joffrey, Jamie
Favorites- Arya Stark, Jon Snow, Ned Stark, Tyrion (even though he is a Lannister he thinks before he acts and hes funny)
I put the first book on hold for my library should be arriving soon.
I heard that the show got renewed for a third season that is suppose to cover the first half of the third book.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/10/g...ones-renewed-3/
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 11:31 AM
Its rating on IMDB is 9.4. It is really amazing. After seeing the rating, I wish to watch this series.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 15th Jun 2012 at 5:50 AM Last edited by RoseCity : 15th Jun 2012 at 1:26 PM.
I think it might be fun to have a copy of your decapitated head on a spike in Game of Thrones, but I guess George Bush isn't a fan.
Head of State: Game of Thrones Sorry about Decapitating George W. Bush
Retired
retired moderator
#14 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 9:23 AM
I am learning witchcraft so as to turn my husband into Jon Snow. But don't tell him.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#15 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 9:34 AM
You know nothing, kiwi_tea.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 9:41 AM
Fire can't kill a dragon.

I'm OBSESSED with the series, to say it lightly. I just made an Emilia Clarke (the actress who plays Daenerys Targaryen) Sim in The Sims 3 actually! Will be sharing it in the short future.
Retired
retired moderator
#17 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
You know nothing, kiwi_tea.

I am just terribly, terribly shallow. Kit Harrington is a fox (when he is not dressed like a friggin hipster, which is unfortunately seldom, but true love is all about changing someone to be more like you want them to be. I will make him harder, faster, stronger, and look less like Twatty McHipsterface).

All these friends of mine who go for the rough and responsible types like Eddard, good for them.

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#18 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 2:34 PM
I'd go for Tyrion Lannister, personally. Sure, he may not be the best to look at, but I'd first get to off that dumbass Shae by stabbing her in her stupid face, I'd want for nothing, and I'd always be entertained.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Retired
retired moderator
#19 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 2:56 PM
Oh. Tyrion is definitely another guy I'd marry, as a character he runs the show. Though Shae is pretty sweet, imho, just not overly interesting. Jon Snow would just be the brooding, vulnerable, ridiculous kid I was having an incredibly hot affair with. *check IMDB* Kit Harington is two years younger than me. Good. I get to continue calling him a ridiculous kid... ...*just* Anyhow, we know it would all end in tears.

Mad Poster
#20 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 4:38 PM
In the first season I didn't like Jon Snow that much because, although gorgeous, he always had that sad beaten look in his eyes. But in the second season I started to appreciate him more - a kind person who tries to do what's right.
A character I liked was Jaquen H'Ghar and it freaked me out when he changed and said that Jaquen was dead because that actor was hot and now he's gone.
Instructor
#21 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 7:34 PM
Eeewww.... Jon Snow? But... Why?!

^ On a superficial level, his actor grates on me. Kitt Harrington has a perpetual dumb look on his face. His mouth is always open for some reason, and I hate his wispy mustache. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose... but you guys have terrible tastes.

Jon Snow is one of the most boring characters on the show and in the book. He's your typical male fantasy lead-- the guy version of a "Mary Sue". Dull. Brooding. Not much of a personality. His story arc is somewhat interesting, but the character falls flat.

Oh, and George RR Martin writes some of the creepiest sex scenes ever

I remember reading through excerpts from his other books, "The Pear-Shaped Man" and "Meathouse"... and it was some of the most disturbing shit I've ever seen. Can't believe I lost the link.

Anyway, here are awesome .gifs to offset the terribleness:

Shamelessly stolen from somebody's tumblr--

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Retired
retired moderator
#22 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 8:47 PM
inorite. He looks so gormless and lost. Who could resist his kicked-puppy charms?

So I'm messed up, if not being downright creepy. So sue me.

Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 2:52 AM Last edited by Kerinauu : 20th Jun 2012 at 3:11 AM.
Anyone interested in seeing my Emilia Clarke/Daenerys Targaryen Sim?! Well too bad I'm posting her anyway!
I'm quite proud tbh this is my first "look-a-like" Sim based off anyone!

Halfway through A Storm of Swords!

Btw: I agree, I loathe reading through Jon Snow's POV in the book, it's just like "OMG WILDLINGS! Ghost is hunting. I'm a man of da Night's Watch." perhaps he becomes more interesting after where I am in the book though.

Basing it off halfway through the third book how I feel about the characters:
Characters I adore: Daenerys Targaryen , Arya Stark, Tyrion Lannister (duh) and pity adore for Sansa, only because the actress who plays her made her tolerable.
Dislike: Joffrey Baratheon (duh x 2), Jon Snow (tbh Kit without facial hair is a BABE), and Davos.
Fave Scene: Book: Daenerys obtaining the Unsullied. TV series: Daenerys and Khal Drogo in The House of the Undying
Instructor
#24 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kerinauu

Halfway through A Storm of Swords!

Eeee!!! Post back after you get through all the juicy bits :lovestruc

^I first read the books when I was 15 or so, and I had loved Dany back then.
But now in retrospect, I greatly dislike her character. She has massive entitlement issues, and comes off as an empty-headed brat.

Oh, and just wait until book five when you get to ~*~*Daario*~*~
You'll probably be sick of her then D:<

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Test Subject
#25 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope
Eeee!!! Post back after you get through all the juicy bits :lovestruc

^I first read the books when I was 15 or so, and I had loved Dany back then.
But now in retrospect, I greatly dislike her character. She has massive entitlement issues, and comes off as an empty-headed brat.

Oh, and just wait until book five when you get to ~*~*Daario*~*~
You'll probably be sick of her then D:<

Can do! How I see it every single character in the ASOIAF series has massive entitlement issues haha! I just love the crap out of her character, I can see why some people dislike her though.
I actually just got past the part when she first encounters him! I hope he won't make me hate her! D: !!
Page 1 of 2