Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2014 at 10:41 PM Last edited by SheGamerReloaded : 29th May 2014 at 3:54 PM.
The Sims 2 Immortal Challenge
I created this challenge because it was something new and it was best for the Sims 2 since there aren't any challenges like this for the Sims 2....Enjoy !! To watch me play this challenge..Click Here . The game is completed when you get to 10 generations with the same founder then you count up all of your points.
Rules

Founder & Life
- You have to go through 10 generations with the same founder
- You create your founder on Create-A-Sim
- The next generation will begin when the husband or wife of your founder dies, so you have to remarry and start a family with another person [Each generation is a new partner]
- You can only woohoo or have children with your partner if you're married to them.
- You CAN'T marry a Sim that is already married
- The partner of the founder has to die of old age ONLY, NO CHEATS to cause death. you also CAN'T command the partner to do something you know that may cause death [E.g. fixing computers/TV with no mechanical skill causing them to get shocked].
- You CAN'T cheat on the founder or the partner which will cause them to breakup [GAME OVER]
- You can only start seeking for a new partner once the old partner is dead.

Immortal
- The only way to keep the founder alive and young is by drinking the Elixir of Life and NOTHING ELSE. No cheats or mods to stop aging [Includes turning aging off in the game].
- The Elixir of Life would only be available by getting enough aspiration points for the founder.
- You CAN'T buy the Elixir of Life with points from any one else in the family, but the founder.
- The Elixir of Life works best on Platinum Aspiration, so you have to make sure you fulfill the founders wants to get their aspiration meter to a platinum
- You CAN'T use the 'boolprop' cheat to get their aspirations high. You CAN'T use any other cheats in this game, you have to work for everything.
- NO ONE else but the founder can drink the Elixir of Life, you also CAN'T use the Elixir of Life on the partner for them to live longer so you can have more children and get more points.

Lot & Housing
- You have to move the founder into an empty lot of your choice [No pre-made houses or apartments]
- The founder and their partner CAN'T move out from the lot, they have to stay there, so pick a lot big enough for a large family
- You can move the grave of the dead partner out of the lot or delete it to prevent ghost
- You CAN'T play any other relatives household but the founders
- Build as much as you can but with only the money you have to survive [No money cheats]

Career
- Only the Founder & Partner can have a job
- Everyone in the household can go out of the lot to meet people and accomplish their wants
- The founder has to get a new career every time they marry a new person
- You CAN'T have a home business

Other things..
- You can move teenagers out to college to create room
- The children can ONLY age up naturally or when they are able to be 'brought to cake' and NOTHING ELSE.
- You CAN'T use potions from witches or download custom content that will affect age, but you can have other custom content in the game.

5+ Every time the FOUNDER reaches a FULL platinum aspiration meter
5+ For Every child that grows up well
5+ Every job promotion the FOUNDER gets
20+ Every time the founder marries
20+ When you have 3+ children in each generation [20+ points per generation]
40+ When you have 6 children in a generation [only happens once]
40+ Every time you buy the Elixir of Life with the FOUNDERS aspiration points

-5 Every time the FOUNDERS aspiration meter goes red
-5 Every job demotion the FOUNDER gets
-5 Every time a child grows up badly
-5 Per fear that happens to the founder
-5 The repo man
-10 If a child is taken away by the social worker
-10 If you only have 1 child in each generation [-10 Points per generation]
-20 If the PARTNER leaves the FOUNDER on the alter
-20 If the FOUNDER gets fired
-25 Each baby that dies
-30 If the partner or founder is abducted by aliens and gets pregnant
-40 If the Elixir of Life causes the FOUNDER to age up

Game Over
- If the founder turns into an elder
- if the founder dies of accidental death [the whole point of this challenge is to keep the founder alive]
- if you cause the founder or partner to cheat
- if you kill the partner in any way
- if the founder is unable to have children with the partner before dying
- if you use a cheat [The Elixir of Life isn't a cheat its an aspiration reward you work for]

Happy Simming !!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th May 2014 at 12:26 AM
Oooh, i like it. Very well thought out. I'll definitely try this out sometime!
Edit: Only thing I would add it making the challenge have negative points for anyone else using their aspiration points to buy the elixir of life. Also no cowplant?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th May 2014 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AriTheWise
Oooh, i like it. Very well thought out. I'll definitely try this out sometime!
Edit: Only thing I would add it making the challenge have negative points for anyone else using their aspiration points to buy the elixir of life. Also no cowplant?

Yeah that's a great idea but its against the rules to use points for the Elixir of life from anyone else but the founder. What does the cowplant do?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th May 2014 at 12:27 AM Last edited by AriTheWise : 29th May 2014 at 3:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SheGamerReloaded
Yeah that's a great idea but its against the rules to use points for the Elixir of life from anyone else but the founder. What does the cowplant do?

Whoops, sorry. I guess I skipped over the elixir rule.

If the cowplant eats someone, a sim can milk it to similar effects of the elixir. It extends life by 5 days. .
Scholar
#5 Old 29th May 2014 at 2:46 AM
Sounds like an interesting way to populate a new hood my only caveat is you have written "move grave off lot or delete headstone to prevent ghosts". This is a VBT, deleting graves will bork your hood...maybe edit it to just move graves off lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th May 2014 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetbaby160
Sounds like an interesting way to populate a new hood my only caveat is you have written "move grave off lot or delete headstone to prevent ghosts". This is a VBT, deleting graves will bork your hood...maybe edit it to just move graves off lot.

I wrote 'You can move the grave of the dead partner out of the lot or delete it to prevent ghost' and what does VBT mean. Yeah i know it will clutter the neighbourhood, That's why i started it in a neighbourhood that hasn't got many Sims in it
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th May 2014 at 11:33 PM
I wrote 'You can move the grave of the dead partner out of the lot or delete it to prevent ghost' and what does VBT mean. Yeah i know it will clutter the neighbourhood, That's why i started it in a neighbourhood that hasn't got many Sims in it

No, it may corrupt the neighbourhood completely, symptoms of this are (extracted from Game Help:Avoiding Hood Corruption):
Children & toddlers with long-term wants other than Grow Up.
Wants that don't fit the age group (e.g. a toddler who suddenly wants to go on a date).
Memories & thought bubbles that contain squiggly lines.
Memories being lost or totally random.
Disappearing Sims.
Disappearing lots.
Sims losing family members in their family tree.
Sims becoming unplayable.
Lots becoming unplayable.

Yet another extract, explaining why:
Delete tombstones/urns
Graves are sims. Deleting a tombstone or urn is the same as deleting a sim, and causes the same kinds of corruption.
If a grave or urn is smashed by another sim and you do not have Pescado's No Unlink on Delete hack installed, quit without saving.

Deleting a Sim does not completely remove all of it's data, and it will corrupt your hood up in the long run. I can't explain it more as I am not the best at explaining, but I did try.

(PS: VBT probably means very bad thing in the case it was used)

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th May 2014 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mai2008
No, it may corrupt the neighbourhood completely, symptoms of this are (extracted from Game Help:Avoiding Hood Corruption):
Children & toddlers with long-term wants other than Grow Up.
Wants that don't fit the age group (e.g. a toddler who suddenly wants to go on a date).
Memories & thought bubbles that contain squiggly lines.
Memories being lost or totally random.
Disappearing Sims.
Disappearing lots.
Sims losing family members in their family tree.
Sims becoming unplayable.
Lots becoming unplayable.

Yet another extract, explaining why:
Delete tombstones/urns
Graves are sims. Deleting a tombstone or urn is the same as deleting a sim, and causes the same kinds of corruption.
If a grave or urn is smashed by another sim and you do not have Pescado's No Unlink on Delete hack installed, quit without saving.

Deleting a Sim does not completely remove all of it's data, and it will corrupt your hood up in the long run. I can't explain it more as I am not the best at explaining, but I did try.

(PS: VBT probably means very bad thing in the case it was used)

What should I do then?

My sister has done a challenge like this before but nothing happened to her neighbourhood but I'm kinda worried
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th May 2014 at 12:25 AM
What should I do then?

My sister has done a challenge like this before but nothing happened to her neighbourhood but I'm kinda worried

I'd check out the thread, but if nothing is wrong I wouldn't worry for now. However, if you do get any symptoms you should probably check through the game FAQ's, game problems etc. You will probably have to reinstall if worst comes to worst.

But you'll most likely be fine.

EDIT: Here's a link

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th May 2014 at 3:34 PM
SheGamerReloaded, the best thing you can do is install the following mod: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=2083.0 (nounlinkondelete) It will make sure your neighborhood doesn't get corrupted if you accidentally delete a gravestone.

Sounds like a great challenge. I have three questions:
1) What happens when your founder becomes permaplat?
2) What happens when your partner accidentally dies (I mean, I don't want to keep them from cooking or having trees)? Game over?
2) Do you get +20 per generation with three children or do you get +200 if every generation has three children?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th May 2014 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mai2008
I'd check out the thread, but if nothing is wrong I wouldn't worry for now. However, if you do get any symptoms you should probably check through the game FAQ's, game problems etc. You will probably have to reinstall if worst comes to worst.

But you'll most likely be fine.

EDIT: Here's a link

Thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th May 2014 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teddz0r
SheGamerReloaded, the best thing you can do is install the following mod: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=2083.0 (nounlinkondelete) It will make sure your neighborhood doesn't get corrupted if you accidentally delete a gravestone.

Sounds like a great challenge. I have three questions:
1) What happens when your founder becomes permaplat?
2) What happens when your partner accidentally dies (I mean, I don't want to keep them from cooking or having trees)? Game over?
2) Do you get +20 per generation with three children or do you get +200 if every generation has three children?

Thanks.
1) What is a Permaplat?
2) You have to avoid getting them to do things that will cause them to die...you knowing that they might die. For example, fixing computers or TVs with no mechanical points. If you watch me play this you would see how I do it. Click Here
3) I stated that you get 20 points every generation that has 3 or more children
Mad Poster
#13 Old 31st May 2014 at 2:02 AM
Permaplat is when you fulfill your life time want and or with Free Time EP you can gain permaplat by doing or fulfilling wants.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Perma-platinum

This rule here: "40+ Every time you buy the Elixir of Life with the FOUNDERS aspiration points"
I can have my sim get this 2-4 times each day by having them do a great date.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Permaplat is when you fulfill your life time want and or with Free Time EP you can gain permaplat by doing or fulfilling wants.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Perma-platinum

This rule here: "40+ Every time you buy the Elixir of Life with the FOUNDERS aspiration points"
I can have my sim get this 2-4 times each day by having them do a great date.

Yes you can but you only get aspiration points from their wants and If that was their want then that's great but that doesn't happen all the time
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 2:37 PM
I will try bigger challenge
I will have 100 partners and i will try to have 1000 childrens!
Yes i love challenges ^_^
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 7:10 AM
Question: No moving your kids out when they become adults?
Scholar
#17 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RacoonGoddess
Question: No moving your kids out when they become adults?

The original post says:

Quote:
- You can move teenagers out to college to create room

This implies that not only can kids move out upon reaching adulthood, but so can teens (if one plays with an appropriate mod).
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 10:08 PM
"- You CAN'T play any other relatives household but the founders."

Does this mean that I can't use the children from the Immortal Challenge in other challenges?

Sims Blog: Stormy Dayz Gamez
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rainydayz179
"- You CAN'T play any other relatives household but the founders."

Does this mean that I can't use the children from the Immortal Challenge in other challenges?

No till the founder dies
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 6:18 PM
I really love this challenge! Probably not going to do this on Youtube, but I might do it as a blog challenge! I'm definitely going to do it right now! I hope I can do this right without failing the game :P.