Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2016 at 11:51 AM
Default Trying To Import Custom Boots Into TSR
Good morning,

I am trying to import custom made riding boots into TSR Workshop and I keep getting the error message, "Unmatched number of vertices in group". However, the number of vertices all match up, the groups are in specific order, its the same mesh and all sizes are in the same position:

group_base
group_fat
group_thin
group_fit
group_special

Poly count on all of them is 10,008
I am cloning from EA Sims 3 Pets Riding Boots.
If I import one size by renaming each accordingly, the mesh imports no problem into TSR, so its definitely not the mesh itself.

I have been at this for two weeks and I just cannot get it to work. Your help would be greatly appreciated in trying to figure out what is wrong here.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th May 2016 at 5:54 PM
Have you imported the meshes via obj?
Have you checked the vertice count on each group via the model information tool in milkshape?
You can try to import the wso with one grouo missing. Until you find out which group is causing the problem.
You can try to use the clean tool in milkshape on each group, export as a new wso and see what happens.

♘ visit my tumblr here
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 20th May 2016 at 11:54 PM
First thing you could try is when the first pop up asking you to change the 'vertex data' you could press no and see what that does. If not, you could try running 'align normals' through Milkshape. 'align normals is a customly made plugin which you can find here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=139859

I would try to use the model cleaner plugin instead. It fixes more than the 'clean' plugin does. I would also recommend doing first the model cleaner, then run align normals.

And if all that doesn't work, it might be your TSR version. For a properly working TSRW version when it comes to clothing, you could try the one I uploaded: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...005426/tsrw-172

But usually the error actually shows up if you didn't run align normals.