Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 2:04 AM
Default Boys
You all (well, possibly a few exceptions, and I of all people am not one to judge that) like boys. They are awesome. They are also very confusing. And even when they are being straightforward, they are awesome fun to discuss.

So bring your boy troubles, triumphs, tribulations, advice, and questions and such like here!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 2:33 AM
I hate boys plain and simple, they are too complicated and they piss me the fuck off. I don't mean that I'm a lesbian though, I just mean I'm tired of them, well most of them anyway.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 5:06 AM
Ah boys. The aliens of the world. Boys are way too confusing.
For example, there is this one guy who I played Truth or Dare with at a party, and we kissed and whatnot, and then he told me he liked me. I was really happy because I liked him too, but then he just started ignoring me. Absolutely the most annoying guy ever.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 4:11 PM
I'm not a fan of boys. Grown men, however, do catch my attention quite easily. Sadly, I've had no time for them of late. *sigh*
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 2:00 AM
Okay, so this guy messaged me on myspace, then the next day he came up to my locker and started talking to me. That doesnt really seem like anything spectacular, but I thought it meant something, like hes interested at least, or is it nothing?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 2:14 AM
Depends. Don't get me wrong, its probably nothing. Boys have no idea that talking to a girl will be interpreted as interested, and when they do, they don't care. Unless they're actually interested.

How did he know you to message you on myspace? If he's a friend of a friend, then its very unlikely he likes you. If there's more than two degrees of seperation in friends, its possible. If he's a complete stranger that you had a class with at some point, its somewhat likely.
And how was he talking to you? Was he being really kind and listening to what you said and generally being a good person to talk to? That means he's worth pursuing, has no bearing on if he likes you. Was he obnoxious and abrasive? That means he's not that great, for the most part, or he really likes you, or both. In my experience at least.

Again, I'm going to say its probably nothing, but guys have gone to much greater lengths to scope out a girl before they make a move.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 2:21 AM
I just have a class with him. He was very very nice when we talked. Sometimes in class I look at him, and hes looking at me, and he looks away. lol
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 2:25 AM
Well, I'm a really outgoing person, so if you like him, see if he'll go out with you. Not like asking on a date, that is super awkward and can ruin chances of being freinds. Just get together a bunch of your freinds (both genders, very important that) and invite him along. If he comes, then thats another sign. If he pays more attention to you than your guy freinds, that's a very good sign, and if he doesn't then you know/suspect, with limited awkwardness.

And again, you can take my advice with a grain of salt, I've only done this once.

#9 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre15
I hate boys plain and simple, they are too complicated and they piss me the fuck off. I don't mean that I'm a lesbian though, I just mean I'm tired of them, well most of them anyway.

oh cheer up kiddo All guys aren't jerks like Grayson, some guys are truly amazing. (Like my boyfriend), besides your only 15, you have your whole life ahead of you.
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 1:56 PM
Guys - pah, i'm on the verge of giving up alltogether really.

There's this guy. (Of course) Who I like to think i'm good friends with. Every Friday I go round to his house before heading off to the youth theatre group thing we go to. Our families have always been really close, and our Mum's are best of friends. He's the year above me, really talented at acting (Like woah...and talent's a huge turn-on to me!) can sing, is really hot, straight A* student, just perfect basically. He's such a gentleman I don't think anything awkward would develop between us if I told him how much I like him - and although it sounds enormousley cliche I haven't ever really liked anyone this much ever.
One of the problems is that i'm really good friends with his little sister who's in the year below me. They have a really open relationship and are best friends, so it's not that it would be weird between them - i'd just have to tell her first to see what she thinks surely?
And although this passage may seem like I should just go for it I do have my reservations. First of all, yesterday was Valentine's and my family went over to theirs for dinner...to me it really seemed like he almost reciprocated my feelings for him, just through little stupid things like if our hands touched whilst he was passing a dish to me (Oh my God, how cheesy do I sound?!) and when he was talking about how he thinks girls should ask guys out themselves. However we DID spend 5 hours together, and i'm just worried that i've been picking up on things that weren't even there!
Just thoughts of him have been playing over and over liek a broken record in my mind and, to be honest, i'm sick of it. I've only told one of my BEST friends, and she thinks I should go for it - i'm just scared is all. I know these things take courage and a hell of alot of bravery but I would really appreciate an outsiders view on the situation, taking into consideration that I AM a 16 year old who is obviousley over-embelleshign everything (What can I say, it's in my nature.)

Any ideas?
x
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 4:52 AM
Okay, so this is probably a really common situation, but I still don’t know what to do.
My best friend has another totally separate group of friends, so when she has parties and whatnot they’re all invited. In this other group of friends there is this really nice guy who I’ve gotten to know fairly well. Our brothers used to be very good friends, and now we’re decently close.
Lately he’s been coming over to where my group sits at lunch. I used to think that he was coming over to talk to my best friend, but he’s started coming and sitting next to me and engaging me in a conversation. He’s been asking my opinion on heaps of stuff, and he’s been saving me seats on the bus. It’s really sweet of him.
Problem is, I’m not sure if he likes me or if he’s just being a friend. It’s really annoying, seeing as I’m pretty sure I’ve developed a major crush on this guy, but I can’t tell if he likes me. Also, he apparently likes this other girl, but he never talks to her or approaches her or anything. He really acts like he likes me (flirting and being sweet and everything), but I’m still not sure.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 5:17 AM
Well... to both of you actually, it sounds like you and your crush(ish) have mutual friends... Can you see if you can get one of those mutual freinds (For Chonkers, his sister, for PixCii your friend) and see if they can (subtly) gauge if he's interested?

Or just ask and see, because in my experience it creates a pall of awkwardness that lasts for a day or so and then everything returns to normal if he's not interested and if he is then you don't waste time agonizing that could be spent on sloppy make-outs and sappy hand-holding.

#13 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 10:32 PM
So I really like this guy, and he might like me. But there's 2 problems.
A) He has a girlfriend which I don't think he truly LOVES, like he sais he does
B) He dated me last year But we broke up cause it got a little too awkward because we were friends in the beginning.

Now; my feelings are comin' back! ._. Uh oh.
IDK what to do!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 12:06 PM
Lumino - I wouldn't know what to do either, since I've never been in a situation even remotely close to that. But here goes - You have two options here, obviously. Either you try and let the feelings pass or pursue him.

Firstly, is he worth your effort? If he is, go for it, but you may want to consider a few things.
You mentioned that your relationship previously didn't work out due to you both being friends, so with that said, does that mean he has talked to you as a friend about his on-going relationship and about whether he is happy with it? If not, you should be absolutely certain that he isn't happy with his relationship before you act on your feelings because you don't want to selfishly ruin their relationship for yourself. Also, is there a way to avoid or fix the problem/problems you had before?

If you are really stuck on what to do, just wait it out a little and see what happens, but try not to dwell on it. Perhaps those feelings will subside and disappear or maybe they'll get stronger.

And to my problem. Over the past few months or so, I've started to develop feelings for one of my brother's best friends, so that makes us five years apart and with myself turning 15 very soon, and him turning 20, we are at very different stages in our lives. He is also a close family friend.

These 'feelings' have slowly climbed and just now they have snuck up on me. I'm almost definite that these are physical attractions because, although he's a nice guy, he's always been 'my brother's good friend' to me. Anyway, I don't want to actually have a relationship with him, I simply want to somehow stop feeling like I am towards him. When he comes over or we see eachother, I feel so awkward - my voice notably changes and I can't seem to stop laughing when he or even myself make a joke/humorous comment (which is often). It's so embarrassing! I would think he has picked up on it... and also my brother.

So does anyone have ideas to help get over the attraction? Apart from secretly finding gross/unpleasant things about him. I couldn't see myself doing that. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 7:35 AM
Boys are annoying. I really don;t like how they don;t get hints sometimes. I try and hit my about to be hubby what i want, he jkust looks at me like huh? then i go right in his face i want this and only then he goes ooooh i get it! >_>

Don't even get me started on my ex. It was about 2.5 years ago, but he still bothers me. also for some reason black guys( no offense, but on average they are like that) think every chick digs them After this one guy said that he wants to have sex with me i said no and he tried to do it forcefully....kicked him in the nuts and run away. And this guy was my best friend at some point...
Mad Poster
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 7:42 AM
You see, this is why I enjoy being a teen. :P

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 5:15 PM
Im a teen too :D
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 5:48 PM
There is this super annoying boy who WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE.
So he goes to my school, and he added me on msn, I thought nothing of it. People add me all the time and never speak. (Normal.) But then he starts speaking to me, which is fine, of course we started chatting. It was nothing. I go into school the next day, as usual, and he comes up to me and gives me this massive hug. Okkkaayyy. I had a tiny convo with him? Way to clingy. I just said hi and then walked off. But now everytime I see him, He runs up and hugs me. Urhh! Then my friend goes all annoying and tells him to ask me out , which he did. I said no, I didn't like him anyway. Now he still won't stop annoying me. He hugs me, wont shut up on msn, waves in the corridor, even shouts my name, which is just plain embarrasing. I told him to maybe, lay off a little, and he goes.
"Why are you so nasty? Up Yours."
WTH! So now he gives me evils, and tells all his friends to annoy the hell out of me. Uhrr. But he still has some freaky obsession with me, he can't stop staring. Its creepy.

LJ♥
Call me Lily :).
I'm beginning to upload some of my sims online..please go check them out here :).
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 5:57 PM
Lols Lily, what a weirdo!!

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 6:25 AM
Lily, something fairly similar is happening to me now.
I had a really brief conversation with this guy and he seems to have developed a full blown obsession after only this one conversation.
He asked me out and I said no, and now I get evil looks from him whenever I pass. The only problem is, his friends haven't grasped the fact that I would rather stick a pitchfork in my eye than go out with this guy, and they keep on asking me out for him. It's been going on since last year, and I'm really sick of it =/.
#21 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 9:08 PM
lol I am now dating the guy I said I never would. Yes the very one who is already in my circle of friends that I spend time with. He had tried on numerous occasions to get me to give him the time of day and I always brushed him off, said he wasn't my type that he'd only ever be a friend......my how things have changed.

I figured something out about my type, they are always jerks to me in some form or fashion and finally I gave in and decided I needed to give this guy a chance. And so far so good lol

My opinion of him changed one fateful night when he and I and our two mutual friends were driving on the interstate and got into I kid you not, a 60 something car pile up. For a few minutes I thought we could honestly wind up dying the way things were going. It was scary. So....we were sitting in the car....and since he'd been asking me to kiss him for about the previous two days, I just kissed him. And my whole opinion of him completely changed since then.

lol I've known the guy since high school so let's see....about 11 years i've known him. Back then had someone told me I'd be with him now I'd have laughed.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 7:39 PM
The guy I like is such a sweetie, but today he was mad about how our English teacher always seems to spreading her "atheist views," which I don't see at all, but I listened to him. He said that it wasn't like there are any atheists in our class anyway, to which I foolishly told him that I am. I don't know what I was thinking... a select few people know that I'm an atheist, and here I go telling it to the boy who says a prayer after the pledge of allegiance every morning. He's usually pretty tolerant of people, but I just worry. I hope he doesn't think I'm a savage.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Mad Poster
#23 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 8:07 PM
There's this guy I like, but his patronising words and over all cheesiness aren't convincing me that he likes me back, but he insists that he does.

And Rabid, if he likes you back, he will see you for who you are, and not be drawn away because your beliefs are different to his. Yes, I am technically Christian, but no, I do not believe in any of it. I have a few religious friends and they are fine with what I believe, so I don't think anything bad will come out of it. If you feel what you did was foolish, well, everyone makes mistakes, even though yours wasn't a big one. If he is an open minded person, then he won't mind what you believe in, and who knows? Maybe things will turn out well in the end.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 10:33 PM
Well, I have wonderful boy news in my corner of the world!
I'm going to visit my boyfriend, who lives two hours away from me. This'll be the first time since July that we've seen each other in person. I am so unbelievably excited!

Mad Poster
#25 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 10:51 PM
I guess you're right, Tree, and if he can't look past it, then he's not worth my time. I just really, really hope he can . He didn't treat me any differently today, which was reassuring. Thanks for knocking some sense into me!

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |

Page 1 of 25