Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 1:29 PM
Default songs that make you cry....
I don't cry very often. But there is one song that makes bawl. It's called "Runaway Train" by Soul Asylum. When I saw the music video I cried. Are there any songs out there that make you guys cry?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 1:58 PM
"Hallelujah," when sung by k.d. Lang and, embarrassingly enough, "Breathe," by Taylor Swift :P
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:19 PM
"Hurt" by Christina Aguilera and "Streets of Heaven" by Sherrie Austin are about the only songs that can make me cry. If I've just stopped crying, though, just about any sad song can set me off again.

Happiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you.

My name is Jessica, but I answer to Jessie, Jess, Candiiee, Candy and Cand. :P
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 6:33 PM
"Don't you cry" by Kamelot, ironic? :P
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 6:44 PM
Scream by ZoeGirl

My Immortal By Evanescence

Slipped Away By Avril Lavigne

“Raise your children to love and embrace others. Tell them they are beautiful; they may grow up to be stars one day, and "beautiful" will never mean as much in a magazine as it will coming from you.”
― Kaiden Blake <3
Alchemist
#6 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 10:43 PM
The Fray - How to save a life. Gets me every time.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 5:13 PM
"Nevada," by Codeine Velvet Club. Just found that out. :P
I have a lot more, but I have to be in the "right mood."

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 3:41 AM
"Lullabies," by All Time Low always gets tears running down my cheeks.
"Perfect," by Hedley is also very touching.
"Breathe," by Anna Nalick. It just got me.

You know that place between sleep and awake? The place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 3:44 AM
^Ugh, I adore "Breathe," by Anna Nalick, but it's so sad!

"Love Letter," by Lisa Mitchell makes me sniffle every time I hear it.
Scholar
#10 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 6:45 AM
"Watch Me Bleed" by Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Scholar
#11 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 9:48 AM
"I'll Be" by Edwin McCain, I just miss my boy friend everytime I hear it ... that and how to save a life by the Fray, i love it but it's sad.

Georgie. Aka Geah
Flickr × MTS Yearbook
27.11.08|17.12.08|24.06.09|06.06.10|24.07.10|19.11.2010
Kia Kaha
Theorist
#12 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 10:33 AM
I never ever cry at songs. :S

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Inventor
#13 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 10:54 AM
Hurt by Johnny Cash. Watch the video on youtube and think it was the last song he ever did before he died. I cry at that.

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 1:58 PM
A lot of the music that makes me cry is orchestral.

"Farewell," by Dario Marianelli
"The Constant," by Michael Giacchino
"Anyone Can Cook," by Michael Giacchino
"The Ellie Badge," by Michael Giacchino
"The Last Man," by Clint Mansell
"Sunshine (Adagio in D Minor)," by John Murphy
"Clair de Lune," by Debussey

Unlike with books and movies, I don't cry every time I hear these pieces or when I'm playing them while concentrating on something else. It's only when I sit down and devote my attention entirely to the music that I get choked up.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Mad Poster
#15 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 2:36 PM
The Buffy and Angel music :p
Field Researcher
#16 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 4:32 AM
I have a list of songs that I can't listen to because they remind me of someone that's passed away. It's weird though because they're just random songs that said person used to like, and aren't really sad in any way. I'd post them but then i'd have to go through my itunes and look at their title and artist and i think just the thought of doing that would make me unhappy. Sorry to waste a post.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Field Researcher
#17 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 10:58 PM Last edited by Raindrops757 : 27th Aug 2010 at 11:22 PM.
"I Need Some Sleep." by The Eels,
"Hello" by Evanescence and
"Breathe" by Paramore.

They all make me pretty tearful.

*Edit* Oh and I completely forgot Tori Amos's cover version of the REM song "Losing My Religion." It's beautiful.

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 6:54 AM
I really dont cry at songs but one that speaks to me is "this bitter Earth" by Dinah Washington & Max Richter, On the nature of daylight
I love it! <3
Field Researcher
#19 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 8:58 AM
"My Skin" by Natalie Merchant always makes me melancholy.

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.- Mitch Hedberg
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 5:37 PM
the only one i have truly cried to was "This Woman's Work" by Maxwell, probs because they did a beautiful complementary dance routine to it on So You Think You Can Dance, the choreographer's best friend had breast cancer so he dedicated it to her. SO sweet!

Hi, Im Abby, please to meet you :3
Mad Poster
#21 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilmisssunshine96
the only one i have truly cried to was "This Woman's Work" by Maxwell, probs because they did a beautiful complementary dance routine to it on So You Think You Can Dance, the choreographer's best friend had breast cancer so he dedicated it to her. SO sweet!

The Tyce Diorio routine with Melissa and Ade? I loved that.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
"Hallelujah," when sung by k.d. Lang and, embarrassingly enough, "Breathe," by Taylor Swift :P

OMG thank you! I was on the plane this summer, and I was listening to the on flight radio audio thingy and I heard Halelujah come on and I absolutely LOVED it, I had no clue who sang that specific version though - until now.

You gonna do something killer?
C'mon give it a try...
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
The Tyce Diorio routine with Melissa and Ade? I loved that.

YES! when they went on tour, they came to Toronto, i saw it for my birthday.
Ade and Melissa did that routine. Im seeing this years tour for my birthday too :D

Hi, Im Abby, please to meet you :3
Test Subject
#24 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 11:36 PM
Two songs that make me cry: "Concrete Angel" by Martina McBride and "Deliver Us" from Prince of Egypt.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 2:24 AM
Dreaming of you - Selena

It was from the movie called Selena and she had died so it was playing that song and every time I hear it, my eyes always well up with tears every time.

Page 1 of 3