Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 4:28 PM Last edited by murfee : 20th Jun 2016 at 5:02 PM.
Default Bone Joints on Children accessory wonky [RESOLVED]
Hello!
I'm trying to convert this accessory from Adults to Children. It re-positioned the accessory to fit the child's hand and scaled it down by .9. I made sure the joints were the same. Then I imported it into TSRW to test the animations.

And I get pure satanism.

The thing is floating in mid-air, rarely even close to where I put it in Milkshape; it's flying all over the place.

Meanwhile the Adult Accessory is all sexy; why don't it like me?

I thought bone weights on kids and adults were the same?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 5:34 PM
can u see if they have the interacting for chopstick in world adventure then see how they got the kids to eat with them
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 5:54 PM
Murfee, have you tried testing the accessory in-game? Because I've noticed that if you edit an accessory off of an adult item in TSRW, and then re-categorize it for child sims, it will still act as if it's using the adult skeleton there. But even if it looks weird in TSRW, if it has the right bone assignments and positioning, it should still work in-game, because adult and child sims do use the same bones weights.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 6:01 PM
It's a bit like babies. They share the same kind of bones like adults, yet it's totally different. Also! check if you lowered the mesh to the children's hand, not just keep it there, if you get what I mean. (But reading your post, I guess you did that properly.) So try clone a full body or top children mesh to WSO, use that in meshtoolkit and see what it does? Don't use the adult bones, just see if that works ^-^
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 6:06 PM
Ah-haaaa~!

(No, I haven't tested it yet; I was afraid evil would rain down on me from Possessed Chopsticks of Doom )

Alright, I'm gonna hold my breath and load the silly things in as-is.

(The WA ones are probably hiding out in S3OC; that sounds like a nifty idea, even though I bet TSRW would hate anything without the right reference id.)
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
Ah-haaaa~!

(No, I haven't tested it yet; I was afraid evil would rain down on me from Possessed Chopsticks of Doom )

Alright, I'm gonna hold my breath and load the silly things in as-is.

(The WA ones are probably hiding out in S3OC; that sounds like a nifty idea, even though I bet TSRW would hate anything without the right reference id.)

I suppose, but I'm sure the game reads them as 'sponge' because well... it's a linked object?
Inventor
#7 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 9:11 PM
Hey murfee and everyone, thanks for your help, I appreciate that.

The chopsticks used by the game (WA, asian trait and asian world) is a normal
object, not a CAS item. I'm using a CAS item because it is easier to make animations.

I tested the child version made by murfee with the mod and everything seems fine.

But I'm a little worried about violating the original author policy,
since the child version use the same mesh and textures.
I know it's a very simple mesh than anyone (even me maybe) could do but still...

I tried to contact Kilhian in the past for unrelated matters, but never got an answer,
so I guess he/she is unreachable. Does anyone here know him/her or has the chance to contact?

This is the policy page: http://kilhian.blogspot.it/p/contact.html
Quote:
Mesh:
You are free to use my meshes though I would rather know. Do not just make small changes and claim as your own, that is just lame. Do not forget to credit me~

Am I being too cautious?
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 11:44 AM
Seems that she actually asks to tell her but credit her as well. So it's a bit like, I wanna know but I really want people to know I made them. So I suppose you could use them as long as you credit them. I've done it as well. And as far as I can tell, she hasn't been really active since 2013 sadly. I guess as long as youy message her with a link to the content you're fine.

Just in case you have no idea how to credit a person, just add in the info 'mesh by Kilhian' and make sure there is a link either inserted in the name or just somewhere in the info of the download.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 6:51 PM
Yup, she has an MTS page there that she hasn't checked into since last year, either: http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=6958527