Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 7:23 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 7th Dec 2017 at 5:12 PM. Reason: SOLVED
Default Trying to recolor the Tech painting... apparently I needed the fix for SimPE UC ~ SOLVED! Thank you!
Why can I NOT find paintingTech / Albert's "Discordia" (from Apt Life) to recolor?
Group ID is: 0x7F13CA15
GUID: 0x94F007D4

The CEP documentation says it's recolorable.
PhotoStudio doesn't have a template (which is fine, I can make one.)
And when I load the file table in SimPE to make a regular recolor of it, it's not there - I've searched every category Deco/Walls, Misc, General, Other, etc...

I did a google search and found one or two others have successfully recolored it (which isn't many, I know, but it HAS been done.)

Grrrrr! I am soooo frustrated
Help! Please?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 9:16 PM
Do you have other things from AL in SimPE? The painting is the list under deco/wall. You could try changing the setting in preferences, on the SimPE settings tab, and check show OJBD filenames. This is how I have it, simply because I know internal names more than the descriptive in game name.

ETA: Changed my SimPE settings and it is still there. Notice that the list is alphabetical, however the in game names that they used quotes on are first.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 12:09 AM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 6th Dec 2017 at 12:56 AM.
Thanks Lunie (Psst - did you see the pm I sent you about the round IKEA painting you found?)

Yes, I have Apt Life directed correctly in the file table. I remember seeing things from AL in the table, but I'll double check that.
I'm using the UC now - which is still kinda new to me... But, I think I have everything set correctly. I'll go check...

***ETA***

OK. I stupidly hit "reset", and had to redirect all the system folders... That's done and my 'preferences' are saved this time. Oi!
However the File Table still lists a bunch of things as 'missing'...
And, when I load the file table in Obj Workshop, it doesn't have any of the Apt Life items: no witch skins, apt doors, spiral stairs, closets, or vending machines *sigh*
When I run the system check - the top one says I need to "fix" it, but clicking 'fix' does nothing (that I can tell)
----the 'details' tells me: Folder for "The Sims 2" was not found.
Unable to locate "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSBin\Sims2.exe".
Uhhm....?

Any suggestions on how to get this thing working correctly?
Thanksies for any and all help

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 6:49 PM
...still need help here... *sigh*

and Vintage Stuffeths
just a girl
#5 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 10:24 PM
I have UC and I think I had the same thing with AL items not showing up in object workshop. I did find a workaround somehow... if I could just remember it. I think I had to temporarily disable everything except AL and maybe base game in preferences. And after I was done with what I wanted to clone, I enabled everything back.

Although, there must be a better way, because I look in my OW now, and I see AL stuff including 0x94F007D4 Painting - Tech. I don't know what I've done to fix it, but I clearly remember having this problem. What version of SimPE do you use? I've changed versions some time ago, now I'm on 0.73.44.37511.

I have the same System Check result, so that's not it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 12:55 AM
I have 73 QA version...

If you can remember anything about what you did to solve the problem - please let me know!!!
I will try disabling everything except AL and BG.

Thank YOU!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 9:42 AM
Perhaps you need an updated expansions.xreg file for your SimPE (in the Data subfolder in your SimPE program folder).. You find some here http://www.mediafire.com/file/to38h...pdatedForUC.zip.
Remember to make reset followed by reload in SimPE.s Extra/Prefences/File Table after you have changed the expansions.xreg file
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 5:11 PM
YAY!!! Thank you @clsve

It worked!!! *dances happily about the room* I had already pointed the folders correctly, all I needed to do was swap out the .xreg file.

Here is a mini-tute explaining what to do (in case anyone else needs it too): http://simscommunity.info/social/th...-time-use.4113/

and Vintage Stuffeths
just a girl
#9 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 7:38 PM
Huh, I haven't done that. My expansions.xreg is dated 2008. But still was good to know. Downloaded it just in case. Thanks, clsve, for the link and thanks, CatherineTCJD, for reporting back